The Falkirk FC Thread

If there is a way to ship out that blob Bell then I'd be all for that too. Bring in someone part time to back up Mutch.

When I read the article about the lad who had been let go from bury I had assumed that bell might be going in Jan. That boy coming in as bells replacement. Could be way off.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

McShane gets the rawest deal of anyone in our squad from the fans IMO.

Probably because this is a guy that cruised it when St Mirren won the championship a couple of years back but when he plays for us he looks like a feckin Sunday league player.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably because this is a guy that cruised it when St Mirren won the championship a couple of years back but when he plays for us he looks like a feckin Sunday league player.

A modern day Stevie Logan if ever there was now.  I really hate him, but a lot o that has to do with his immaculately coiffed hair, beard and that he looks like a complete twat.

3 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

A modern day Stevie Logan if ever there was now.  I really hate him, but a lot o that has to do with his immaculately coiffed hair, beard and that he looks like a complete twat.

Problem is its immaculate when he goes on the park and immaculate when he comes back off.

The thing about a back 4 is Dixon got shafted and was targeted week in week out.

The other issue is we have no real wide players in the team, McClean being the only out and out wide player. We have amassed a team of midfielders who are generally slow paced, wanna play it safe, wanna play up top or looking to play defence splitting balls which is rare when most teams have a bank 8 or 9 players as a defence.

The attack force of McManus and Sammon is so workmanlike and has no guile or skill.

The defence is an accident waiting to happen and only made to look good due to the competition.

Thanks Ray

It's a difficult job for anyone taking the current squad on

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's the type of player that will look good if the team are absolutely flying and he can hide away from doing any graft work. The man does not like running. I'm guessing the thinking was that would be us this year, walking the league and thus able to carry a McShane and watch him stroll around with acres of space to play in. I know a lot on here don't like Connelly but he's leagues ahead of Miller in my opinion (based on what i've seen). With Gomis in the team, Miller is entirely redundant. We should be worrying a lot less about whether we'll concede and concerning ourselves with hammering in the goals. I'd rather watch us win games 5-2 than grinding out 1 goal wins while not looking like conceding but risk drawing every single game.

Just now, PipoIsABairn said:

He's the type of player that will look good if the team are absolutely flying and he can hide away from doing any graft work. The man does not like running. I'm guessing the thinking was that would be us this year, walking the league and thus able to carry a McShane and watch him stroll around with acres of space to play in. I know a lot on here don't like Connelly but he's leagues ahead of Miller in my opinion (based on what i've seen). With Gomis in the team, Miller is entirely redundant. We should be worrying a lot less about whether we'll concede and concerning ourselves with hammering in the goals. I'd rather watch us win games 5-2 than grinding out 1 goal wins while not looking like conceding but risk drawing every single game.

Unfortunately far too many of them are happy to hide away from doing any work.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Unfortunately far too many of them are happy to hide away from doing any work.

It was always going to be a league where you were going to have to work hard as a team and we used to be good at that.

Houston's side that took us to the playoffs had that in spades. How many times did we get late winners and the compliments form the opposition forums on 'Falkirk's patented late goal'

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It was always going to be a league where you were going to have to work hard as a team and we used to be good at that.

Houston's side that took us to the playoffs had that in spades. How many times did we get late winners and the compliments form the opposition forums on 'Falkirk's patented late goal'

We had players with legs who could drive the team on like Alston and Vaulks then.  We dont have any of that type now. Gomis is the closest but hes too old to keep up a high tempo.

We had players with legs who could drive the team on like Alston and Vaulks then.  We dont have any of that type now. Gomis is the closest but hes too old to keep up a high tempo.

He still has a good 70-75 minutes in him, he could have more if we had more quality and he wasn’t so heavily relied on. The guy puts in a shift every week. He’s got some quality passes but no one with quality to get on the other end of them.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Add Sibbald to your list, the 3 of them were the best balanced midfield we had for years. My goodness did these guys play for the jersey and some more. defended the defenders and gave the attackers something to attack. 

14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

He still has a good 70-75 minutes in him, he could have more if we had more quality and he wasn’t so heavily relied on. The guy puts in a shift every week. He’s got some quality passes but no one with quality to get on the other end of them.

I think we should use Gomis as the sitting midfielder. He's strong enough in the tackle to be able to break up opposition attacks and can pick a pass. He wouldn't have as much running to do either so may last a little longer in games.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes and the support decided to sack Houston

o believed Falkirk were only a couple of players away from going up

that squad had some great games and results 

7 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

that squad had some great games and results 

Hindsight management is indeed an easy thing. After the cup final it was a team that had to be rebuilt. McDonald was going. Duffie and Grant crocked. McCracken coming to the end of his career. Alston , Sibbald and Vaulks were on other teams shopping list and due a crack at a higher level. Loy getting a payday at Dundee.

Houston did not get the funds for the rebuild and we got McKee and Baird the rest is history. If Housty had got the money that Hartley and McKinnon pissed against a wall is one of these what if's !

Still got a lot of time for Houston. Great player that tried even when he was having a stinker. Took us to play offs against richer clubs and a cup final to top it all.

Would like to think the fans will remember that rather than the sad end to a good servant to the club.

Re: McShane, at st mirren he had Stephen McGinn alongside him who as I recall was exactly the up and at 'em vocal type that could play a bit too. 

We've lacked strong leadership on (and off) the park for too long now. Perhaps due to McKinnons signings reflecting his own moral fibre somewhat. 

Unless M&M are in position to make changes in the squad come January they're between a rock and a hard place really. 

All the best lads

50 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Complete, total, utter drivel. I must have missed the supporters taking over the club in 2017.

Houston's time had run its course. He should have been away the morning after we bottled it against McKinnon's bang average Utd in the play-offs. And if we were only "a couple of players away from going up" it's a pity he chose to make these players the rancid Harris and Loy.

Sacking Houston is not the reason for the abysmal state we are in, it's the fact that every decision made by the clowns in charge since has been an unmitigated disaster.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hindsight management is indeed an easy thing. After the cup final it was a team that had to be rebuilt. McDonald was going. Duffie and Grant crocked. McCracken coming to the end of his career. Alston , Sibbald and Vaulks were on other teams shopping list and due a crack at a higher level. Loy getting a payday at Dundee.

Houston did not get the funds for the rebuild and we got McKee and Baird the rest is history. If Housty had got the money that Hartley and McKinnon pissed against a wall is one of these what if's !

Still got a lot of time for Houston. Great player that tried even when he was having a stinker. Took us to play offs against richer clubs and a cup final to top it all.

Would like to think the fans will remember that rather than the sad end to a good servant to the club.

The season after the cup final is the best we have had this decade, by a country mile.

Complete, total, utter drivel. I must have missed the supporters taking over the club in 2017.
Houston's time had run its course. He should have been away the morning after we bottled it against McKinnon's bang average Utd in the play-offs. And if we were only "a couple of players away from going up" it's a pity he chose to make these players the rancid Harris and Loy.
Sacking Houston is not the reason for the abysmal state we are in, it's the fact that every decision made by the clowns in charge since has been an unmitigated disaster.

Exactly this.

This comes up every now and then on here always from other supporters but it was completely the right time for Houston to go. We were fucking awful that last season and genuinely could’ve went down in the play offs if he didn’t get sacked. Hartley came in and when he gutted the squad in January done a great job between then and the end of the season before a catastrophic summer.

Just because we’ve fucked up in many ways since Houston was binned doesn’t mean we we were wrong to do so.