The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Stuperman01 said:

I am saying we need to get out this league. What we lack or lacked is a leader!!! the players have it in them to stroll this league under the right manager. 

You used the work 'might' they also may not and then have fans constantly on their back particularly due to the recent and historic downfall of the club (I can remember it happening to the likes of sibbald, Kingsley when they first broke on to the scene). People harp on about the academy as if it was producing world class talent year in year out when the fact it wasn't, It took a few years for the ones we sold on to get going.

Anyway the academy is gone and as I said in my original post it was a mistake and poorly handled at the time. We need to move on from this and hopefully when/if the next bid comes in for the club it includes some form of youth development (doesn't have to be an academy). 

From all that was said there was nothing coming through out of the Rangers and Celtci glasgow cup games from what i am told there was four former Falkirk academy players in both sides of the OF, that suggests that maybe this season or next they would have been breaking into the first team.

We do need out this league in first attempt but whatever is going on behind the scenes either between player/players and McKinnon they have dropped points to get rid, its not only the club they are f**king over with this to get rid its also the fans that pay there money every week. We have got rid of RM now and given Dixons comments and no doubt a couple of others will be lost without him at the clubb. If those we have signed for League One arent setting the heather alight whether it be a not adjusting to the new system or unhappy at Management change we have little to fall back on if they decide to down tools other than get rid in January.

The downside is at the moment we are looking at a shit load of what ifs and only time will tell on the playing side of it with what we have at the moment.  On paper we should be strolling this league but look at the calibre of last years signings and how that panned out.

Craig Campbell freely admitted he had no experience of running a football club when he came , then was freely allowed to drive us off a cliff.
Monstrous indeed. 

George Craig. Snap.

Sammon on 1k a week, Bell, McManus, Tidser on 900 quid a week. Dixon also. [emoji38]

Just tell us which HMRC Taxation Office you work in, and we will do the rest. Unless the other Rovers posters are 100% correct, and you are indeed just an attention seeking twat.

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Exactly what Raith have taken to doing with their participation in the Fife Elite FA. Two of the three youth on our team are from there, the third came from our U-20, when it folded. Not a perfect model, but it’s bringing some talented youth into the team, without costing the amount running a full academy or full youth teams would. It was easy to argue that it’s us helping other teams too, but with the levels of play all over being pretty well matched, any team can see themselves slipping if there is a mistake made. This way the huge overhead isn’t baked in, and we can share in the pipeline.

The other difference is that it’s NOT trying to monetize youth talent, simply trying to find players for the future, something most SFL teams have in common. Part of the whole MC+JP dance was about developing (I.e. selling) players, and most people said that model sucked. A team needs an identity for fans to grab ahold of, and some local youth talent work great for that.

We had the same situation at Forth Valley just at a higher level.

No we tended to retain our talent as they were playing at the top level AND had the prospect of breaking into the first team .What would change today would be that although they could theoretically break into the first team parents and kids would be enticed away with the chat that' their development depended on playing in the elite league" and sadly it would work.
If we lost the mcgrandles, Fulton's, sibbalds etc we would make a huge loss.
I'm all for brining through youth and perhaps the answer is to partner with sports Scotland or similar because it's a scandal that Central Scotland does not have an indoor facility in this day and age .

41 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

No we tended to retain our talent as they were playing at the top level AND had the prospect of breaking into the first team .What would change today would be that although they could theoretically break into the first team parents and kids would be enticed away with the chat that' their development depended on playing in the elite league" and sadly it would work.
If we lost the mcgrandles, Fulton's, sibbalds etc we would make a huge loss.
I'm all for brining through youth and perhaps the answer is to partner with sports Scotland or similar because it's a scandal that Central Scotland does not have an indoor facility in this day and age .

We had the grant for to build a full size indoor football pitch if you think back, but they decided it wasnt going to happen and handed the grant back.

Edited by AL-FFC

If Kenny Shiels tips up at TFS and is treated to anything other than a full blooded trebucheting into the Forth I am finished with the club.

He would fit in well with the incompetence we already have at the club