Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Again why are these two taking up a temp post when they both have permanent ones already?

Maybe they just want some coaching experience on their CVs as their playing careers come to an end. 

( @Shadwell Dog 's quote, not Bairnsfordbairn)

Edited by welshbairn

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe they just want some coaching experience on their CVs as their playing careers come to an end.

I think you've misquoted Welshie; it was Shadwell who asked that and not me. I tend to agree with you though that's speculation and not knowledge. 

52 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I like Alex as I think everyone does, but I genuinely don't see him as a football person any more. I can't quite explain it, but Alex Smith still had something about him that made him "gaffer" when he needed to step into a dressing room. He had the sort of growl, the glare, that could still intimidate even if most folk didn't see that side of him. 

I just don't think Totts has that now.  He's been a salesman for too long.

Wasn't Smith involved daily coaching the kids as well?

It also proves that despite us being utterly dung, this league is woeful. Any half decent manager that has a bit of nouse should be able to get a tune out of this squad. It's just unfortunate that our last one was a total diddy. 

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Wasn't Smith involved daily coaching the kids as well?

I think so. All that was done at the Academy in Stirling so I didn't see it but I believe he was up there all the time. He also coached at every single U20 game. 

Site going down every time something happens is annoying. How many people ca  realistically be trying to access it at this time?

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Site going down every time something happens is annoying. How many people ca  realistically be trying to access it at this time?

It's bloody amateurish. Happens every time there's news.

I managed in here's the full spiel for anyone still locked out

Falkirk FC is pleased to announce the appointment of Lee Miller and David McCracken as our new Interim Coaching Team.

Lee and David will take charge of all first team matters ahead of Friday’s William Hill Scottish Cup tie against Linlithgow Rose while the club undertakes an extensive recruitment process for our vacant First Team Manager position.

The duo, who took training with the squad for the first time this morning, will have the experienced figure of Alex Totten to assist them in an advisory role.

Both Lee and David will be familiar faces to Falkirk supporters. Lee made over 150 appearances for the club across two spells, whilst former Club Captain, David appeared 115 times in a four-year stint at the club between 2013 and 2017.

Interim Chairman, Lex Miller, said: “First and foremost I wish to thank both Peterhead FC and Livingston FC for their cooperation in allowing both Lee and David to return to the club.

“We are delighted to have appointed Lee and David, both are consummate professionals who understand exactly what this club is all about. It is an important few weeks for the club and I am confident that our entire fanbase will show their full support to our new coaching team in the matches ahead.”

Lee Miller, said: “I am delighted to be back home. The opportunity was one I couldn’t refuse given how much the club means to me. I have always had a brilliant relationship with the Falkirk fans and I am itching to get into the dugout on Friday night.

“David and I know the club extremely well, we know what is expected and we are determined to get a smile back on the faces of the Falkirk fans once again. We need to get results and we will do everything we can to deliver.”

David McCracken, said: “I’ve had some incredible memories here as a player and I am extremely proud to be asked to coach the team with Lee. We all know the potential here and where this club should be, it’s up to us now to get results to help realise that.

“Coming back feels right, it’s a real buzz to be out on the pitch and around the stadium again. We have the chance to get off to a great start on Friday night and we will do everything we can to ensure the team are fully prepared for the match.”

Lee and David will meet the press and speak to Falkirk TV tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

All aboard the double-promotion express 

Too late they are already aboard the clusterfuck coach to oblivion and beyond. 

Says we're still undergoing a recruitment process. Does this mean M&M will form part of the new setup once a new man is appointed? 

Or perhaps if they do well they'll get it full time?

Either way they will be involved with the club for the foreseeable future 

7 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Too late they are already aboard the clusterfuck coach to oblivion and beyond. 

f**k up.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Never heard of two joint managers rather than one manager with an assistant. WTF happens if they disagree on tactics?

Have you never heard of Ross County? Or closer to home John Hughes and Owen Coyle?

This is getting made up us as they go along, 2 weeks is more than enough time to find a manager, how long do they expect the process to take FFS.

I'm fully behind M&M and hope the team kicks on but this all seems wholly unnecessary.

it would have been better if they just announced them on deals until the end of the season, at least then we would have some sort of stability.