The Falkirk FC Thread

Don't get the big unveiling of temp managers until you get a permanent one! As for MCcracken it seems as if he is on loan to Falkirk from Peterhead [emoji23] seaside league stuff right enough.... 
He resigned, however, Peterhead have decided to hold his position open in case it doesn't work out and he wants to go back

7 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't get the big unveiling of temp managers until you get a permanent one! As for MCcracken it seems as if he is on loan to Falkirk from Peterhead 😂 seaside league stuff right enough.... 

Aye we could just wait till a Saturday to find out whose in the dugout?

I don't mind that team and it's possibly our strongest but I'd like to see.
                            Mitch/bell
Doyle.       Toshney.  Buch.       Dixon
                                 Gomis
                     Tidser.          Telfer 
       Longridge.                     McManus
                             Sammon
Still think Tidser and Telfer have much more to offer.

I quite like that but my biggest fear is leaving Dixon 1 on 1. Any half decent opposing manager could target Dixon if there wasn't a player infront of him.

This would be my personal team. And it’s mainly just to get rid of the players I hate seeing in a Falkirk shirt. 
GK. Robbie Mutch
RB. Gary Miller 
CB. Michael Doyle
CB. Lewis Toshney 
LB. Lewis Moore
RM. Robbie Leitch 
CM. Michael Tidser
CM. Marago Gomis
LM. Ross MacLean
ST. Declan McMannus
ST. Louis Longridge 

We are a 4-4-2 club. I think just go back to basics. Two up front. And that team gives it a bit of a freshen up. Durnan & Buch at CB are a train wreck. And I just cannot stand Paul Dixon. 

I enjoyed this content, I found it very funny. What’s your real strongest starting 11?

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:
I don't mind that team and it's possibly our strongest but I'd like to see.
                            Mitch/bell
Doyle.       Toshney.  Buch.       Dixon
                                 Gomis
                     Tidser.          Telfer 
       Longridge.                     McManus
                             Sammon
Still think Tidser and Telfer have much more to offer.

I quite like that but my biggest fear is leaving Dixon 1 on 1. Any half decent opposing manager could target Dixon if there wasn't a player infront of him.

Yep I agree regarding Dixon. Gomis doesn't have the legs to cover him either in defensive mid so it could be a big problem covering for Dixon.

I'm actually hoping to see mcshane step up now and share that position with Gomis. I think mcshane has looked poor because he has been chucked in a midfield with very similar players, if he can sit and dictate a bit more with Tidser and Telfer a bit further forward thenbhe might come onto a game. 

Edited by Ecosse83

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No reason why we couldn't have had a part time/full time  reserve side this season.  Would cost you buttons to have a few guys as fillers along with the first team squad.

We struggled to field reserve teams last season, so can't see how you come to the conclusion we could this season with less players nevermind that it would cost buttons !!

32 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't get the big unveiling of temp managers until you get a permanent one! As for MCcracken it seems as if he is on loan to Falkirk from Peterhead 😂 seaside league stuff right enough.... 

Shhhhhhhh

They are here for at least the season

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We struggled to field reserve teams last season, so can't see how you come to the conclusion we could this season with less players nevermind that it would cost buttons !!

Shhhhhhhh

They are here for at least the season

You just  fill it with part time players who are looking for a game. Its all about keeping guys fit and playing so signing up a few part time shirt fillers to make up a reserve side is hardly going to cost much at all. 

This would be my personal team. And it’s mainly just to get rid of the players I hate seeing in a Falkirk shirt. 
GK. Robbie Mutch
RB. Gary Miller 
CB. Michael Doyle
CB. Lewis Toshney 
LB. Lewis Moore
RM. Robbie Leitch 
CM. Michael Tidser
CM. Marago Gomis
LM. Ross MacLean
ST. Declan McMannus
ST. Louis Longridge 

We are a 4-4-2 club. I think just go back to basics. Two up front. And that team gives it a bit of a freshen up. Durnan & Buch at CB are a train wreck. And I just cannot stand Paul Dixon. 

Thank god you ain’t picking the team!

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You just  fill it with part time players who are looking for a game. Its all about keeping guys fit and playing so signing up a few part time shirt fillers to make up a reserve side is hardly going to cost much at all. 

I think you'd be surprised the money the part time players earn but we would need more players who can't get a game,sounds like a logic plan that George Craig would come up with added that the majority if not all part time players would not being available for reserve games due to games being in their full time work rota and again the cost isn't buttons

We filled reserve teams with trialists at various points last season and got the results the team sheet deserved, it's not all about winning at that level but it is with competing 

Edited by MrDust

3 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

GK. Robbie Mutch

RB. Gary Miller 

CB. Michael Doyle

CB. Lewis Toshney 

LB. Lewis Moore

RM. Robbie Leitch 

CM. Michael Tidser

CM. Marago Gomis

LM. Ross MacLean

ST. Declan McMannus

ST. Louis Longridge 

What a disaster of a post.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I think you'd be surprised the money the part time players earn but we would need more players who can't get a game,sounds like a logic plan that George Craig would come up with added that the majority if not all part time players would not being available for reserve games due to games being in their full time work rota and again the cost isn't buttons

We filled reserve teams with trialists at various points last season and got the results the team sheet deserved, it's not all about winning at that level but it is with competing 

It was a few scouts i know  that said thats the way we should've gone this season. There's always players looking for games and are happy to turn out for next to nothing 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

GK. Robbie Mutch

RB. Gary Miller 

CB. Michael Doyle

CB. Lewis Toshney 

LB. Lewis Moore

RM. Robbie Leitch 

CM. Michael Tidser

CM. Marago Gomis

LM. Ross MacLean

ST. Declan McMannus

ST. Louis Longridge 

Are you EdiBairn by any chance?

5 hours ago, BendtnerBairn said:

GK. Robbie Mutch

RB. Gary Miller 

CB. Michael Doyle

CB. Lewis Toshney 

LB. Lewis Moore

RM. Robbie Leitch 

CM. Michael Tidser

CM. Marago Gomis

LM. Ross MacLean

ST. Declan McMannus

ST. Louis Longridge 

A selection worthy of 4th place in League 1.

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We'll only know whether some of these guys are good enough when we have someone with half a clue managing them I'd say.  Sammon and Macmillan should be able to bang the goals in if you create chances for them . I still think our biggest mistake in the summer was signing a team of players used to playing at a higher level. You obviously need players of better quality but we also should've been targeting some of the better players in league one or that have recently been in league one.  Boys like Agnew at East Fife and Trouten at Alloa.  Guys that know all about league one.

Aye, I can just imagine your reaction if he'd signed Agnew & Trouten. You'd have been doing your nut!