The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Sorry to burst your wee bubble, boys, but you, your club and McKinnon are nowhere near as significant as you think outwith your own support. Personally, from about two days after GTF Day on here in early July until McKinnon got emptied on Saturday I haven’t even looked at a Fawkirk thread on here, and would only think to check your division’s league placings every two or three weeks.

What happened on Saturday was too good to miss though and it’s been fun reading, but now you’ve made an, errr, “appointment“  of sorts your club, your P&B threads and your entire division hold absolutely no interest for me, so it’s cheerio from me.

Of course, should the (slightly) unlikely happen and you get papped oot the Cup on Friday I’ll certainly visit over the weekend. 👍

f**k off junkie.

Guest Ecosse83

Well can't wait for the game on Friday now. The one thing Miller and McCracken will do is have the players right up for it. 

I wonder what their first starting 11 will look like?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

But it did allow a look at those “other” players, and it seemed evident why they don’t get a weekly go. That, combined with the 2-2 debacle just emphasized the weakness on the left side.

Ray’s fault, absolutely. Solvable In January, probably. But that leaves your interim team having to cover that weakness with the current, somewhat bare, cupboard. If the players don’t step up with Ray gone...

Hence the point that it may not be entirely Ray’s blame...it may just be that the mercenaries Ray assembled simply don’t care too.

There's no doubt that there's been a weakness down the left as Dixon has been struggling however Ray's set up really wasn't giving him much in the way of protection.

The squad's really not as unbalanced as you've been suggesting though. Dixon's obviously left footed and I think Tidser is too. It's also hard to tell what foot Gomiz, Telfer and Connolly use naturally as they seem to use either equally well (or badly). Longridge, whilst being right footed is also very comfortable on his left.

The only left-sided player that we're really missing is a LWB. If Ray had kept Robson that would have allowed Dixon to play left-sided centre back and the team would have had a better balance and a more attacking threat down the left side.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

game will probably be postponed on Friday due to the temperature and frozen pitch?

Postponement never even crossed my mind. Think the game will be ok. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We are so insignificant, that here you are, seeking to point out how insignificant we are, and mumbling caveat after caveat about how you’re not bothered, and how you’re not coming back.

You know, it would have been so much easier to simply not come back rather than blah blah blah about how you will not be back, but just might come back once you watch us on telly on Friday.

Have some dignity, and just don’t come back.

Wow. You ain’t half touchy, you Grangemoothians, aintcha? Still, I suppose the truth hurts - but insignificant is what you’ve been to me the last few months, like it or not. The two guys I quoted, I didn’t even remember they existed........  they remembered me though. 😜

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Not significant, right enough. What a banger. 

2 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:
2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:
Sorry to burst your wee bubble, boys, but you, your club and McKinnon are nowhere near as significant as you think outwith your own support. Personally, from about two days after GTF Day on here in early July until McKinnon got emptied on Saturday I haven’t even looked at a Fawkirk thread on here, and would only think to check your division’s league placings every two or three weeks.
What happened on Saturday was too good to miss though and it’s been fun reading, but now you’ve made an, errr, “appointment“  of sorts your club, your P&B threads and your entire division hold absolutely no interest for me, so it’s cheerio from me.

Of course, should the (slightly) unlikely happen and you get papped oot the Cup on Friday I’ll certainly visit over the weekend. emoji106.png

Bye then, have a wonderful addiction ridden life

Ooft. Almost embarrassed for you.

2 hours ago, ka202 said:

Yet here you are.

1 hour ago, champions said:

He probably spent 7 hours writing that piece of shit 😂 It was that bad I gave up after the 2nd paragraph.

Fifteen minutes, tops. And it was posted on a Morton thread. And yet you goons accuse other fans of being obsessed with your wee club....... 🙄

(btw, admit it........ you didn’t give up after two paras at all. 😜)

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Awe, you've really hurt my feelings now.

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

f**k off junkie.

Again, I’m almost embarrassed for you.

Almost.

Cheerio guys. Won’t be watching your mob on the tv on Friday, but I’ll be sure to check in if you get grubbed.

Almost.

Cheerio guys. Won’t be watching your mob on the tv on Friday, but I’ll be sure to check in if you get grubbed.
Imagine trying to defend that diatribe you shat out on the basis that it was on the Morton thread [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You are a massive bam.

Almost.

Wow. There’s the very definition of “needy” set out for our delectation.

Wtf is “grubbed”?

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Wow. You ain’t half touchy, you Grangemoothians, aintcha? Still, I suppose the truth hurts - but insignificant is what you’ve been to me the last few months, like it or not. The two guys I quoted, I didn’t even remember they existed........  they remembered me though. 😜

Fifteen minutes, tops. And it was posted on a Morton thread. And yet you goons accuse other fans of being obsessed with your wee club....... 🙄

Almost.

Thought you weren't coming back? 

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Well can't wait for the game on Friday now. The one thing Miller and McCracken will do is have the players right up for it. 

I wonder what their first starting 11 will look like?

Bell/Mutch

Doyle Toshney Buchanan Dixon 

Longridge     Gomis      Tidser         Connolly

McManus       Sammon         

With the full squad available (bearing in mind different formations etc) and playing to 100% potential, I think this is our strongest team on paper. Dixon is shite but will do until January. I think our three main strikers are interchangeable, and as Marshmallo said earlier on the thread, should all be more than good enough for League One. I want to see what Tidser is actually made of with a proper run in the team before I judge him fully. Despite what others have said, I've been impressed with him over the years and you don't just suddenly become shite. Now the entire team are free of Ray, I want to see what their like, hopefully with a bit of fight instilled in them by a coaching staff who know whats expected.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Bell/Mutch

McManus       Sammon         

With the full squad available (bearing in mind different formations etc) and playing to 100% potential, I think this is our strongest team on paper. Dixon is shite but will do until January. I think our three main strikers are interchangeable, and as Marshmallo said earlier on the thread, should all be more than good enough for League One. I want to see what Tidser is actually made of with a proper run in the team before I judge him fully. Despite what others have said, I've been impressed with him over the years and you don't just suddenly become shite. Now the entire team are free of Ray, I want to see what their like, hopefully with a bit of fight instilled in them by a coaching staff who know whats expected.

Pretty much agree, but would argue we’ve played our “best” stuff this season with a telfer Connolly gomis longridge midfield. But then also agree we won’t see what tidser can do until he plays a few games in a row and we just cannot have a Tidser gomis Telfer 3, it doesn’t work. So it’s a straight telfer v tidser fight. 

There’s basically nothing between the 3 strikers, have no idea what combination is best but any combination is easily good enough for this league. As long as none of them play on the wing ever again I’ll be happy.

3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Almost.

😂 what a sad, little man you are.

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Bell/Mutch

McManus       Sammon         

I don't mind that team and it's possibly our strongest but I'd like to see.

Mitch/bell

Doyle.       Toshney.  Buch.       Dixon

Gomis

Tidser.          Telfer 

Longridge.                     McManus

Sammon

Still think Tidser and Telfer have much more to offer.

Site crashed with all the excitement 
First of all I'm right behind Lee and David and wish them every success.
Unfortunately I have concerns about their suitability given there relative inexperience however with the right breaks they have a chance to get us promotion which is more than McKinnon had .
My concerns for what it's worth.
1 lex has gone for the Falkirk connection rather than the best guy available.Darren young has proved he can hack it and taking him would have weakened a competitor.
2 Having 2 in charge will never work We should have approached 1 as manager and the other as assistant.
3 why interim ? It says we have doubts about the outcome .We should back our choice from the outset.
4 Which one has the attributes to be a top manager brains ,guile and belief in particular are needed but also ruthlessness in abundance . Unfortunately Lee is too much one of the lads and David is just too nice a guy.
Both would have a better chance if we had a squad of talented young guys who needed guidance ,unfortunately we have a squad of old has-beens who think they know better....Maybe they will get time to change that but my fear is this is yet another f**k up by the board.i desperately hope I'm wrong !