Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Already excited for you lot getting carried away after a couple of wins, changing your avatars and creating nicknames for Lee Miller, before wanting him sacked this time next year. It happened with Hartley and it happened with McKinnon.

Twice bitten, thrice shy

Already excited for you lot getting carried away after a couple of wins, changing your avatars and creating nicknames for Lee Miller, before wanting him sacked this time next year. It happened with Hartley and it happened with McKinnon.

Ummmmmmm

10 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He's already got a nickname m8

29 minutes ago, champions said:

Anyone know why it is only on an interim basis? How long is interim?

Unlike when Hartley and Houston were headhunted, there appears to be no obvious target this time. Or maybe no budget to pay for someone who's already in a job.

So they'll invite applications and wait to see who applies. The process could take a couple of weeks and in the meantime someone has to take the team for both training and matches. 

19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

You live a very sad existence ma friend.

I notice Peterhead are keeping McCracken’s position open for him to go back too.

I’d imagine we’ll keep Miller not matter what happens and he may be an assistant or just a coach.

Win win in my opinion.

I notice Peterhead are keeping McCracken’s position open for him to go back too.

I’d imagine we’ll keep Miller not matter what happens and he may be an assistant or just a coach.

Win win in my opinion.
That's my assumption as well. I think he knows his playing days are coming to an end and maybe a guarantee of a coaching role is enticing him

The worst decision ever taken by FFC.  Told when he applied that they wanted somebody more experienced. One of the great what if's !

Along with Fergie handing us Andy Gray on a plate in exchange for a meagre signing on fee. That was turned down as well.

Would much rather have big sexy and his sidekick back than any of the diddies on the manager merry-go-round. 

Happy to give this my backing. If we get our players fit (McCracken) and playing in the best positions we should still win this league. 

Every appointment in football is a risk.

Absolutely. I thought Hartley was a calculated risk that was hard to argue against. As a man, the consensus seems to be very negative. As a manager, he had done some good things, but unfortunately, he saved the worst of his decision making until he was with us.

McKinnon. I would have thought even a mild interrogation of his track record would have raised concerns. It seems his purple patch of six months at Raith made his less than convincing times at Brechin and DU almost invisible.

Bloody hell. You really are struggling with how this sort of thing works.
I particularly liked your “ creating nicknames for Lee Miller”. Yep, that was created 15 years ago in preparation for this very moment.

Just now, Wee Jockie said:

Not so easy with the diddies is it?

We have just fired our manager for gross incompetence and we are only three points off the top of the table. It is a horrifically badly assembled Falkirk squad off to a bad start and we are one win away from the lead. It is a crap, crap league.

10 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

It's a no from Darren Young emoji106.png

Where was this? Looks like it's going to be Miller and mccracken anyway.

How do you feel about your manager whoring himself to partick and ayr? Hes clearly looking to get out.