The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You could not make it up. The board appoint Miller and McCracken as coaches who will run the team till a new manager comes in.

Both have left clubs so must have had some assurances , guarantees , contract conditions giving some security in their new position.

New manager comes in and wants to appoint his own coaching team. Good grief it's a problem waiting to happen.

Best of luck to both of them, think they are going to need it !

Pretty sure any new manager will be told that mccracken and Miller will be part of the setup before they agree to join.

16 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Gutted to see the big man leave us. All the best to him.

What would worry me though, is this attitude of "someone who knows the club". Throwaway nonsense. Do he and McCracken know Falkirk underachieving in L1? No, they don't. Indeed, Lee's last memories of Falkirk when he left weren't good - he took plenty digs at how the club was being run after he joined us, saying that Falkirk was a shambles and he'd never seen anything like it. Now, I don't know if he was referring to things at a managerial level re. Hartley, or things higher up. 

Both and he’d be absolutely right. The real problem (boardroom) is still there but this seems like a decent appointment to at least get a small bit of feel good around the team back - we do still have to really try and win the league this year. With a QOS or someone half decent down next year we’ll not get a better chance 

Just now, knee jerk reaction said:

I like the idea of Mccracken in charge, I could be wrong but to me it seems like our team runs out of steam after 60 to 70 minutes into games, hopefully Mccracken will be able to get the fitness levels up so that being full time actually is an advantage to us. Add in Miller and hopefully we have a management team to really take us forward this season and kick on after that COYB.

yeah & with all their experience in management it cannot possibly fail.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As far as I can see there's only Moore, Longridge, Toshney & Leitch out of contract in January. Miller signed a 6 month deal in August which would take him to February although I would imagine that will be wrong and will be until January too. I can't see anything about Johnstone for some reason but I have a feeling he got a deal to the end of the season?

Personally I would want to keep Longridge and Toshney, if his fitness is ok and Miller too as we need back up. If the above is all correct then we'll only have Moore and Leitch available to bin so don't see a big turnover of players.

I also suspect that the Vaulks money may have been used to pay off McKinnon & Taylor.

Moore and Leitch are definites to go. We need a left back and at least two others I would say. Would let miller go if we can get in a better replacement.  Someone with some real dig and maybe a player with a bit of pace would be useful. We don't need loads of players. 3 in 3 out would do.

10 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

yeah & with all their experience in management it cannot possibly fail.

Agree. We should have gone down the guaranteed success route and appointed a manager with experience.

Edited by Hughsie

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Agree. We should have gone down the guaranteed success route and appointed a manager with experience.

Problem is the experienced boys we have [reviously  appointed had both been sacked for not doing the job at their last clubs( Im not going to bother counting Mckinnons 3 games at Morton as a job). Managers have form just like footballers and you need to appoint them when they are on the up riding a crest of a wave and not when they are on the way down. I'd prefer to go for a Young or a Petrie who are doing well and have cut their teeth in management and are looking for a new challenge.

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Well I wouldn't go as far as you but yes you'd like to think during what might be one of the most crucial seasons in our history that they would not put an absolute rookie management team in charge.

Pretty reckless IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Perhaps the BoD's logic here is that the next two games are very winnable and the new guys are indeed a stopgap until an experienced manager is brought in?

That might be giving the BoD too much credit.

Who leaves their current job to be a stop gap?

Has anyone ever?    

1 minute ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Perhaps the BoD's logic here is that the next two games are very winnable and the new guys are indeed a stopgap until an experienced manager is brought in?

That might be giving the BoD too much credit.

But then why would you pack in your job for a post for a fortnight?

2 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
24 minutes ago, champions said:
Pretty sure any new manager will be told that mccracken and Miller will be part of the setup before they agree to join.

Maybe they have someone in mind who they have spoken to and has agreed with having Miller and Mccracken as part off his set up, but for whatever can't join right now

Maybe if my auntie had.........

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

Who leaves their current job to be a stop gap?

Has anyone ever?    

I don't know the details of their deals. The possibility of getting the gig permanently might be the attraction for them. But it does say they are interim appointments so they have left their jobs for an interim job. Does anyone know the details of their deals?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

But then why would you pack in your job for a post for a fortnight?

Why leave your job for an interim appointment?

What happens if they don't get the gig permanently? 

Perhaps they have been promised some role within the club, but an incoming manager tends to bring his own assistant(s).

Edited by BairnBrainBrian
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well I wouldn't go as far as you but yes you'd like to think during what might be one of the most crucial seasons in our history that they would not put an absolute rookie management team in charge.

Pretty reckless IMHO. 

Both these guys have been involved in professional football for 20 odd years each, at various levels. They'll have picked up numerous methods and techniques along the way. They both seem like decent charactesr, both have a connection to the club  with one an ex falkirk captain, and the other who came through the ranks. 

Whether they can transfer their experiences into being able to manage a group of players remains to be seen, but they certainly have the tools to carry it out.

4 minutes ago, champions said:

Both these guys have been involved in professional football for 20 odd years each, at various levels. They'll have picked up numerous methods and techniques along the way. They both seem like decent charactesr, both have a connection to the club  with one an ex falkirk captain, and the other who came through the ranks. 

Whether they can transfer their experiences into being able to manage a group of players remains to be seen, but they certainly have the tools to carry it out.

They said that about May and Pressley. Beginning to think the interim bit is simply to cover Lex and his mobs backs.  Wouldn't be surprised if feck all happens behind the scenes until results perhaps go pear shaped.  They can then rush into running a recruitment drive and get someone else in quick whilst  saying well they were only an interim measure  you see . If results go well they can take all the praise of appointing them and Miller and McCracken will have been told the jobs yours at least till June if you get results..  Much less of a gamble than appointing them to the end of the season and them turning out to be hopeless.

Edited by Shadwell Dog