The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Peterhead have accepted the resignation of first-team coach David McCracken so he can return to Falkirk as interim manager alongside Lee Miller. (Press and Journal, print edition)

BBC rumours page

Yes in todays paper, also says we are not going to fill his position before the end of the season. He must have made more of an impression with us than a lot of our support realise myself included.

The handling of the Miller-McCracken story has been textbook inept by the Board.

Nothing on the club website but Peterhead and Livingston let the fans know.

The Herald publish, so the board  leak like a sieve or are they so inept they think drip feed is a good look .

Intermediate = Short term.

So what is the long term managerial strategy ? 

Their board meetings must be something like a Marx Brothers comedy.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The handling of the Miller-McCracken story has been textbook inept by the Board.

The Herald publish, so the board  leak like a sieve or are they so inept they think drip feed is a good look .

Peterhead and Livingston haven't let their fans know, nothing has been officially confirmed anywhere.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Neither Peterhead or Livingston have said anything official. This is all coming from gossip and heresay.

First time I have dropped down here into the league one forum as I am honestly not someone for pointing and laughing, and I have never had anything against FFC (quite the opposite, used to and watch them with my Mate that stayed in Bonnybridge) But, the amount of shite 'some' Falkirk 'fans' gave Moton during the whole McKinnon issue was well out out of order. Having said that, some Morton 'Fans' were also well out of order with their comments (maybe understandably due to the way McKinnon conducted himself?) Just wanted to make the point that I said at the time, you were paying Compensation, then fines for someone with no integrity! Again, nothing against the majority of Falkirk fans, but your club, BOD and certain fans behaved very poorly. 
To be honest, I said at the time that I would rather have kept McKinnon (thank fu(k that didn't happen), but due to the way he left (not speaking to the players etc etc I was glad to see the back of him! Well, at least your 'rid of him now.

Nothing was out of order. We rightly ripped the pish out of you when McKinnon came and you rightly ripped the pish out of us when we got relegated with him.

If you thought that was bad, not sure you’re going to like what else is going on in the rest of the world.

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Nothing was out of order. We rightly ripped the pish out of you when McKinnon came and you rightly ripped the pish out of us when we got relegated with him.

If you thought that was bad, not sure you’re going to like what else is going on in the rest of the world.

Yeah, don't really think football is the sport for that chap if he gets so upset over this type of thing.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

OK boomer.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The club won't run the story until everything is signed, sealed and delivered.

The press however will publish based on either speculation or intel from the club.

I don't know the details but my guess is that David Oliver of the FH calls our media officer on Monday. He gets told that we're in talks with McCracken / Miller and hope to appoint them but that nothing is confirmed yet. He can run the story as a "might happen" and by giving him it the club can let the fans know unofficially what's going on. Or I suppose they could tell the Herald to feck off and let nothing out until they run the story themselves.

I'm sure they would do that if it was a signing who could be poached by another club gazumping us at the last minute, but that doesn't really apply here. 

There's plenty of things the board can justifiably be criticised for but I don't think this is one of them.

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

As much as the board are useless what could they have done differently this time? 

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

So what you're saying is that you would like another Campbell situation where we are told that this is our guy but then he turns out not to be our guy?

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

As much as the board are useless what could they have done differently this time? 

Depends what the details of this are to be honest. I mean are we just flinging these two guys together in the hope that they make a good partnership?  I mean one is currently at Peterhead the other Livi ffs.  Do they speak regularly are they mates? Why are they both giving up decent jobs for a temporary post?  If it is temporary for how long for? I reckon even Mckinnon could possibly win the next two games we face so we  wont know whether these guys have the ability to do the job till East Fife away and Raith at home. Whole thing smells of big Lex making it up as he goes along. Lets face it 5 out of their last 6 appointments have been feckin awful so no reason to believe this will be any different. Hopefully their just filling in whilst we advertise the post properly but seems a lot of hassle for that.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Depends what the details of this are to be honest. I mean are we just flinging these two guys together in the hope that they make a good partnership?  I mean one is currently at Peterhead the other Livi ffs.  Do they speak regularly are they mates? Why are they both giving up decent jobs for a temporary post?  If it is temporary for how long for? I reckon even Mckinnon could possibly win the next two games we face so we  wont know whether these guys have the ability to do the job till East Fife away and Raith at home. Whole thing smells of big Lex making it up as he goes along. Lets face it 5 out of their last 6 appointments have been feckin awful so no reason to believe this will be any different. Hopefully their just filling in whilst we advertise the post properly but seems a lot of hassle for that.

I meant differently to how they have handled announcements etc.

I actually quite like the approach they have taken to this, 2 guys who know the club really well and will get the backing of the support. 

If it doesn't work out then it's only on an interim basis and let's be honest they can't be much worse than McKinnon!

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

It's.... DeeBairn's account.

Nope, sorry to disappoint you. If what I said wasn’t self-evident, perhaps you should look at what you were complaining about before Ray got binned. Falkirk isn’t a plum assignment, right now...takes nothing from the club to admit it...if the BoD get it straight, it will be again, but for now, it’s just not.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nope, sorry to disappoint you. If what I said wasn’t self-evident, perhaps you should look at what you were complaining about before Ray got binned. Falkirk isn’t a plum assignment, right now...takes nothing from the club to admit it...if the BoD get it straight, it will be again, but for now, it’s just not.

You on the night shift over there?

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I meant differently to how they have handled announcements etc.

I actually quite like the approach they have taken to this, 2 guys who know the club really well and will get the backing of the support. 

If it doesn't work out then it's only on an interim basis and let's be honest they can't be much worse than McKinnon!

Aye but what are we doing in the mean time? Are we advertising the job? To me having two guys in post like this is going to put any decent candidates off applying for the post if that's the case especially those already in a job. We're muddying the waters far too much.Again why are these two taking up a temp post when they both have permanent ones already? How long is this temp situation for?  Lets say they beat Lithgae and Stranraer which even Mckinnon probably could've done? Knowing our lot we'll give them the job only for them to get pumped off East fife and Raith in true Ole's at the wheel fashion.  It may only be an interim basis but we cant afford to fall further and further behind the top spot as we piss about going from one replacement to another.