The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Does anyone know what the plan B is incase Miller doesn’t get released from Livi? 

I dont think he needs released from that, technically. If you're leaving a player contract for a staff contract, it's not necessary to end one for the other (theres plenty of lower league players who coach at a higher level).

Most obvious example I can remember is Craig Samson just chucking it with St Mirren in November, while still first choice, and joining Sunderland as GK coach.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont think he needs released from that, technically. If you're leaving a player contract for a staff contract, it's not necessary to end one for the other (theres plenty of lower league players who coach at a higher level).

Most obvious example I can remember is Craig Samson just chucking it with St Mirren in November, while still first choice, and joining Sunderland as GK coach.

Every contract will be different depending on the language in them. This isn't Football Manager.

Please god no, the man is a failure and no better than the other dross names being mentioned, and more importantly I can't stand they fecking glasses he wears

There’s your common or garden pish, then there’s weak pish, then there’s the stuff that legally, is beyond weak pish. FFC contacting Raith wrt McGlynn is firmly in the beyond weak pish category.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Every contract will be different depending on the language in them. This isn't Football Manager.

What? My point is he can be your manager while being registered as a player elsewhere. 

34 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:
Raith have apparently been contacted about discussing terms with McGlynn. No idea if it’s been accepted. 

Please god no, the man is a failure and no better than the other dross names being mentioned, and more importantly I can't stand they fecking glasses he wears

Don’t rise to it ffs. That moron comes away with ludicrous manager shouts constantly looking for bites. 

Players not turning up for McKinnon in recent weeks hasn't bothered me that much tbh, greater good etc.

See if I see another Charlie Telfer style slow down just enough to ensure you dont have to go into the tackle from now on though, I am going have a serious bitch fit.

The spotlight goes majorly from manager to players now.

Fucking sexy big b*****d though [emoji7]

90% of 1000 fans voted 5 months ago they had no confidence in the Board of Directors. Why do we now think they will get this right?

Does anyone know how good bad or indifferent these guys are when it comes to coaching?

Why do we have to make things complicated?

If they wanted cover for a couple of games the likes of Scott Mackenzie is free and available. Paul Dixon is currently finishing his A license badges. Cammy Bell is injured so he could surely help. With all respect it is Linlithgow Rose and Stranraer at home in the next two games, giving us plenty time to consider the options and make the right call without rushing into something.

I hope, if this is the route we go it works out. However I can’t quite get the logic of it.

No faith at all in the current lot to make a decent appointment. 
As for the mental shouts for yogi, he would fit in well with the current board as both have been on a steady decline for the past 10 years... 

The same yogi that won the Scottish Cup 4 years ago and made the league Cup final the year previous? [emoji848]

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

90% of 1000 fans voted 5 months ago they had no confidence in the Board of Directors. Why do we now think they will get this right?

Does anyone know how good bad or indifferent these guys are when it comes to coaching?

Why do we have to make things complicated?

If they wanted cover for a couple of games the likes of Scott Mackenzie is free and available. Paul Dixon is currently finishing his A license badges. Cammy Bell is injured so he could surely help. With all respect it is Linlithgow Rose and Stranraer at home in the next two games, giving us plenty time to consider the options and make the right call without rushing into something.

I hope, if this is the route we go it works out. However I can’t quite get the logic of it.

I have no confidence in the board and want them gone as soon as possible. I also understand the Scott McKenzie logic but can you imagine the uproar from our fans if Paul Dixon was put in charge 🙈

The two being discussed have an affiliation with the club and are temporary appointments. It might work it might not, as is the case with any appointment but I’m willing to give them my backing

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I have no confidence in the board and want them gone as soon as possible. I also understand the Scott McKenzie logic but can you imagine the uproar from our fans if Paul Dixon was put in charge 🙈

The two being discussed have an affiliation with the club and are temporary appointments. It might work it might not, as is the case with any appointment but I’m willing to give them my backing

Agreed. Paul Dixon can f**k off, in every imaginable capacity, especially left back.

Edited by Bairnardo
disastrous punctuation

1 hour ago, champions said:

Makes no difference if he's part time or full time, still whoring himself about. 

Yogi did it towards the end of his time at falkirk,, he should have kept it quiet until he had something sorted. Shows a lack of respect.

Fitba managers are, on the whole, like insurance agents, whores. They will sell anything or anyone to get ahead, but Falkirk, even at full-time, is not a move ahead from East Fife. East Fife is a team he built and has guided to success, FFC would be a crap shoot with the current playing staff.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Fitba managers are, on the whole, like insurance agents, whores. They will sell anything or anyone to get ahead, but Falkirk, even at full-time, is not a move ahead from East Fife. East Fife is a team he built and has guided to success, FFC would be a crap shoot with the current playing staff.

It is a move ahead, it's a very very clear and obvious move ahead. Not sure if you are going for some sort of wind up here, but you are wrong.

Lee Miller is a top guy and is definitely management material. He's been coaching at Motherwell's youth set up while with us and obviously sees himself as a manager.

However as a player he's absolutely done and dead in the water. He was immense for 6 months in getting us up and is one of the main reasons we did go up but since then, in two years, he's made about 4 or 5 appearances and went off injured for 4 months after every one. 

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That's like saying it would be pointless moving from hamilton to hearts. 

Falkirk have far greater potential than EF, that's a fact. The opportunity to manage full time may not come up for a while, or even at all, if he wants to risk that then fair enough.  Mute point anyway as it looks like M&M are taking control.