The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I would imagine the likes of Young will end up with a full time job at some point with less pressure than the Falkirk one. 

Whoever ends up with that job will have an immediate expectation to gain promotion within 6 months (quite rightly). Might be a bit much for someone's first full time gig. 

Lets face it though if you can't get us up on our budget then you shouldn't be managing in football (Mckinnon).   Should be an ideal post.  Big budget advantage over the rest and the best attendances/facilities in the league.  Chance to bring in a few players in January to replace the dross brought in on short term contracts . If your confident in your own ability there should be less pressure than taking a post in the championship where fans have high expectations whether they have a big budget advantage or not.

9 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Not sure where that's from. Other than Falkirk I can't imagine the teams below us have an astronomically higher budget than we do this year. Mid table League 1 is pretty much our level, so one space above an absolute shit-show of a Falkirk set up isn't exactly touching the stars.

I would've thought the full time setups at Raith and Airdrie would have a sizeable budget advantage over yourselves.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would've thought the full time setups at Raith and Airdrie would have a sizeable budget advantage over yourselves.

Raith are hybrid and above us. Airdrie are full time and above us. Anyway, mon the Yogi appointment.

Our fans are absolutely mental. John Kennedy just turned down talks with Hibs and Celtic want 300k compensation for him. But aye he will pack it all in to work with such luminaries as Paul Dixon and Mark Durnan for 600 quid a week.
I've been thinking the exact same thing

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Our fans are absolutely mental. John Kennedy just turned down talks with Hibs and Celtic want 300k compensation for him. But aye he will pack it all in to work with such luminaries as Paul Dixon and Mark Durnan for 600 quid a week.

Agree with you on that the amount of them on twitter saying bring Yogi home which is probably the same ones calling MC "boss"

38 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

10s for Darren Young is worth a wee punt.

Only problem with that is our board will be picking our manager, only the Houston appointment has been predictable 

21 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Not sure where that's from. Other than Falkirk I can't imagine the teams below us have an astronomically higher budget than we do this year. Mid table League 1 is pretty much our level, so one space above an absolute shit-show of a Falkirk set up isn't exactly touching the stars.

If Young has faith in his ability and wants a full time gig, it's a no brainer that he will apply for the job.

He will be overlooked for other full time jobs whilst he is still at East Fife

Are you not the same bloke advocating the return of the messiah in Yogi?

1 minute ago, Top Bins said:

Are you not the same bloke advocating the return of the messiah in Yogi?

Wanting Yogi is a matter of opinion based on his managerial ability. He is available and interested. People can debate whether he is suitable or not but it is a possibility that he could be our next manager.

Wanting John Kennedy is based on complete fantasy.

For emotional reasons only, I would be over the moon with a manager steeped in Falkirk.  Imagine the club lead by a Falkirk legend like Latapy or Crunchie or Stainrod?   In an ideal world that would be amazing.  However we all know that's a non starter for cold logical reasons.

I don't think Houston would come back after being hounded out last time.  So we are in for one of the usual candidates, nothing exciting, just logical and sensible.

Hartley and McKinnon were to some extend sensible options (though they turned out to be the opposite).  Perhaps we should go the whole hog this time and go for someone not on the bookies favourites list?

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Wanting Yogi is a matter of opinion based on his managerial ability. 

Sacked by Hartlepool

Mutual consented by Inverness once he put his own team together.

An utter abortion of a half season at Raith that saw him relegated and show himself up as an egotistical dinosaur.

Only a complete idiot would want him back at Falkirk based on his managerial ability.

Someone said it in another thread last week - football fans are conservative when it comes to managerial appointments, too blinkered in their thinking that it has to be a previous manager or a former player. Falkirk need someone steeped in putting an attractive winning team on the park rather than looking at someone who played 200+ games for the club just because they played 200+ games for the club.

Edited by drs

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Only problem with that is our board will be picking our manager, only the Houston appointment has been predictable 

If Young has faith in his ability and wants a full time gig, it's a no brainer that he will apply for the job.

He will be overlooked for other full time jobs whilst he is still at East Fife

I'm not sure. He's been applying for some jobs but this one isn't exactly a standard job, lots of expectations with an under performing squad to revive them completely and win the league. It's a gamble and if it doesn't pay off there'll likely be big cuts for you next year, and that's assuming any new manager is allowed to take you into a second year in League 1 should you not go up.

Regarding the bold, I think Young (again, assuming he's interested) will be weighing up whether he gambles now or if a full season with us (with possible play-off qualification) gives his CV a more polished look for a less risky move. 

After the disaster of Hartley and McKinnon I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Hughes, Miller or McCracken announced. Even if it's just to take the heat of the board. Not saying any of them are right for the job. But it harks back to the time when Houston was appointed, someone with an affinity to the club. 

On 16/11/2019 at 22:10, AGPar said:

Agreed. The fact that there is no mention of any interim management team suggests an imminent appointment. Don't think there is anyone in the backroom staff or even in the playing squad suitable to take over in the short-term. Cannot see this being a long, drawn-out process at all. It will be someone available and able to come in right away.

Raith have apparently been contacted about discussing terms with McGlynn. No idea if it’s been accepted. 

I can exclusively reveal that Falkirk's new manager will be none other than ex-Falkirk stalwart, Jean-Francois Lecsinel.

Edited by Gaz

My money is on yogi tbh. Whether we like it or not. He's free, got experience,knows the club and isn't a gamble like Miller or McCracken. The only sticking point with him is he will probably want to know how much money is in the pot. Not a lot John not a lot.