The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Darren Young, currently East Fife Manager, would be an excellent appointment.

4 years or so of management experience, and proven at improving his two clubs - Albion Rovers and East Fife.  

Young is probably the only manager in our league that I'd be keen to go after albeit the other 8 would still improve us after McKinnon !!

East Fife played some cracking football on the deck against us which is the exact opposite from McKinnons hoofball.

I'd be surprised if we went after Young as I fully expect our next manager to cost nothing to get in, tho I remember McKinnon was to cost nothing.

No chance of Hughes with current owners tho

39 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

No faith at all in the current lot to make a decent appointment. 

As for the mental shouts for yogi, he would fit in well with the current board as both have been on a steady decline for the past 10 years... 

Exactly. Would rather we broke the habit of a lifetime and took a step forward for once than turn the clock back more than a decade in the vain hope whatever Hughes had as a manager is still there. It isn't. He's had his time. The thought of his slow, sideways passing "philosophy" in League 1 is horrific. Spent the club to the brink of the oblivion, whored himself around in the media for every job going, could not get out of the club quickly enough and has never had a good word to say about us since. Now he's demanding talks because he's desperate and no-one will touch him with a bargepole. You're all right John.

Certainly not opposed to McDonaugh, even though his appointment would be a bit meh, he would be someone most people could get behind.
I was told last night they are trying to bring McCracken in short term (2/3 games) and to run training until they find someone else.

If McCracken were to get the job, the players would be fit as f**k and actually look as if they were trying.

28 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

James McDonaugh is a no brainer for me. 

Deserves his chance after two successful seasons with Edinburgh City. 

Get Blair Henderson in Jan aswell. That gives him a month to work his accountancy notice. 

Blair Henderson who’s been warming the bench this season? No thanks.

James should never had been let go by the club in the first, left Hibs to drop down despite highly rated there.

John Hughes has been flashing his knickers at every club going for the past few years and has done nothing of note other than relegate Raith Rovers. Across the various podcasts on Scottish fitba, he seems like a real "love him or hate him" character in the dressing room which, in my view, is not what you need with 6 months of the season left. His desperation to talk to you, despite the history with him, should be sending alarm bells off. 

Edited by Big Fifer

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Why? He has a successful managerial record at a far higher level than is. Of course he's had failures too, otherwise he wouldn't be in the frame.

We're in League One FFS. Who do people think we're going to get? Jack Ross?

He'll take training one and a half times a week so he can stay in Bolton. His training ideas are to have players compete for packets of biscuits.

I'm not joking.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

He'll take training one and a half times a week so he can stay in Bolton. His training ideas are to have players compete for packets of biscuits.

I'm not joking.

Yep I remember reading Gardyne ripping into him. 

Would be nice to go for someone on the way up in their managerial career instead of appointing managers that have failed in their last posts. Hughes is a definite no no unless he can somehow convince Russell Latapy to put his boots on and be 10 years younger. His managerial talents revolved around him and he hadn't a clue how to get results when he disappeared during the winter months.  The likes of Young and Petrie must be worth an interview not sure about mcdonagh.  First step would probably be resigning Scott Shepherd which may just tip me over the edge.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

What's McDonagh's relationship with the club like?

Was Houston's assistant for a few seasons. I spoke to an ex player a few months ago and he was racing about him. Said he will have a good coaching career!

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Would be nice to go for someone on the way up in their managerial career instead of appointing managers that have failed in their last posts. Hughes is a definite no no unless he can somehow convince Russell Latapy to put his boots on and be 10 years younger. His managerial talents revolved around him and he hadn't a clue how to get results when he disappeared during the winter months.  The likes of Young and Petrie must be worth an interview not sure about mcdonagh.  First step would probably be resigning Scott Shepherd which may just tip me over the edge.

He's no coming unless he can bring Alex Harris as well

2012/13 St Mirren win the league cup

2013/14 St Johnstone win the Scottish Cup and finish top 6 in the Premier league

2014/15 ICT win the Scottish Cup and finish 3rd in the Premier league

2015/16 Ross County win the league cup and finish top 6 in the Premier league

Yogi as Falkirk manager 2003/2009 won the 1st Division and the Challenge cup. I sincerely hope this isn't seen as our successful period.