The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Make that two 

agreed, his record has gotten progressively worse with each club........to the point where it's actually worse than McKinnon's record, so no thanks.

Hopefully we find someone based on win percentage that's good or heading in the right direction..........since basically that's all that matters.

59 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:
 Why were we punching above our weight? Because we don’t have many fans? Your lot are the perfect example of why that means nothing.

As has been said many times we stayed up each season inspite of canning mostly due to other clubs banter years beginning (Dundee United) or appointing managers even worse than him (ICT).

If you enjoy managers with less than a 25% win record and playing terrible football with pish signings fair play. Hopefully Falkirk do appoint him he’d definitely help consign you to a lifetime in the seaside league.

I'd take that chip off your shoulder Scotty. You won't find me having a go at any clubs attendances. Said on here more than once that we should be looking at teams like St Johnstone or Hamilton with envy.  

Without having any figures to hand I'd suspect Hamilton have one of the lowest budgets in the top division, probably not in the top 12 across the whole SPFL? . Outside looking in keeping Hamilton up by any means up represents a success to me.

I'm not suggesting Canning is anything special but for a club currently 4th in League 1 he would be a manager I'd be happy with.

Edited by Bairney The Dinosaur

29 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Would be delighted with Owen Coyle.

This has to be a joke, surely?

Edited by Comrie

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think it was the appointment of Mitch that was his downfall if he had scouted the players himself instead of relying on him it might have panned out differently.

Absolutely correct as can be seen with his record at Cove.

Actually, when we had Longridge,Nelson and Jakubiak it was a pleasure to go to the games.

It was Mitch who ruined it for him.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Order of preference

Jim Duffy
Danny Lennon
Darren Young
Martin canning

Any of the above I think would do a good job with the team we have

Thank f**k your not picking the new manager.

I had high hopes for McKinnon when he was appointed to be fair. He was doing a decent job at Morton, had also done the same at Raith to an extent, he knew the league and was also more media friendly than that roaster Hartley whos post match interviews sent me into a froth.

He probably got longer favour from the fans than he otherwise would have because he replaced Hartley we were just happy to see anyone else.

After watching a few games under McKinnon it was obvious he wasn't the man. his teams didn't play entertaining football, he grossly mismanaged key games last season we could and should have won and don't get me started on his lack of guidance, coaching and strategy from pitchside. you only had to look at the respective managers last season at home to Alloa. Jim Goodwin made me quite jealous of Alloa ffs.

as for next manager I say it everytime I just want someone who attacks from the off and if we lose the odd game so be it. if ever there was a league and season we should attack this is it. on paper we have the best squad and should not be scared to go toe to toe. in 35 years of going however it seems you only get 1 good manager in 5. if say I've enjoyed Jeffries McCall Hughes and Houston to varying degrees, however for every Jeffries there's been several lambies bannons Hartleys and McKinnons.

as others have stated the problems run so deep now. we need to find new owners who want to work to own the facilities, start up the academy and most importantly 'reconnect with a severely short changed and disillusioned support

Guest Ecosse83

For what it's worth my list I'd like us to consider. 

Scot Gemmill - we would be a good move for him to get into club management.

Stuart McCall - linked to Hearts job but if that doesn't pan out what other options would be open to him up here? He might fancy it. 

James Mcdonaugh - housties right hand man, heard good things about him.

Jim McIntyre - bombed at Dundee but if that's the type we go for I'd prefer him over Canning Coyle etc.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

For what it's worth my list I'd like us to consider. 

Scot Gemmill - we would be a good move for him to get into club management.

Stuart McCall - linked to Hearts job but if that doesn't pan out what other options would be open to him up here? He might fancy it. 

James Mcdonaugh - housties right hand man, heard good things about him.

Jim McIntyre - bombed at Dundee but if that's the type we go for I'd prefer him over Canning Coyle etc.

McIntyre? Ffs.

Martin Canning [emoji23][emoji23]. Astonished anyone thinke he is an option. Would be surprised if gets another manager job again.

You might think McKinnon was rotten but he is like Alex Ferguson in comparison to Canning.

While its always good to have a laugh at Falkirk I wouldnt wish Canning on you.

40 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'm not suggesting Canning is anything special but for a club currently 4th in League 1 he would be a manager I'd be happy with.

You shouldn't be. He never seemed to set Hamilton up to win a game, which seemed to lead to them regularly losing to lower league sides. It really cant be made clearer how utterly dreadful the teams he managed to finish above were either btw.

You need someone who would come in, put you on the front foot and make the difference in player quality/fitness between you and the rest count. Martin Canning is literally the opposite of that.