The Falkirk FC Thread

Wonder if Martin Canning could be persuaded? Long shot but haven't seen him linked with any other jobs.

That’s because he’s an absolutely terrible manager and a born loser. With that in mind I actually I hope he gets a chance with your basket case club.

7 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

That’s because he’s an absolutely terrible manager and a born loser. With that in mind I actually I hope he gets a chance with your basket case club.

Oh I dunno - he kept Accies up a few times. Maybe he could keep Falkirk up this season too. 

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
43 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

For a reason...

I'm not so sure. The next manager we go for will either be untested or out of work. I'm struggling to think of a realistic, out of work manager with a better record than Canning - keeping Hamilton punching above their weight.

Only other one i could probably think of would be Alan Archibald had kept thistle up for a good bit but by the looks his signings were all over the place and unbalanced squad, Thistle fans would prob be better to set the record straight on him though.

I'm not so sure. The next manager we go for will either be untested or out of work. I'm struggling to think of a realistic, out of work manager with a better record than Canning - keeping Hamilton punching above their weight.

Why were we punching above our weight? Because we don’t have many fans? Your lot are the perfect example of why that means nothing.

As has been said many times we stayed up each season inspite of canning mostly due to other clubs banter years beginning (Dundee United) or appointing managers even worse than him (ICT).

If you enjoy managers with less than a 25% win record and playing terrible football with pish signings fair play. Hopefully Falkirk do appoint him he’d definitely help consign you to a lifetime in the seaside league.

Martin Canning!?

Are you still pished from last night?

I don’t really know who we’ll go for and I don’t think there’s any guarantee of success regardless of who it is while the status quo remains in the board room.

If we can afford the compo I’d quite like Ian Murray but that’s highly unlikely to happen. The money blown on McKinnon means they’ll go for a zero cost option and it sounds like Coyle is the man it’s most likely to be.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Would be delighted with Owen Coyle.

I know it's been a blessing in the end, as it got us rid of clownshoes in the dugout, but that goal we lost to Dumbarton yesterday. f**k me. 

Why would you be delighted with Coyle?

One thing that always bemuses me is the criticism the BOD gets over the Hartley situation.

The decision to appoint Hartley was a good decision. The decision to bin Hartley was a good decision. I really don't think they did anything wrong over it.

What about the bit in between ?? Jesus wept !!

You mean the bit when the BOD allowed the manager to sign his own players and stayed out of it? As happens at every other club where the manager controls the signing policy?

Any managerial appointment is going to come with a risk, you just dont know how players are going to adjust to a new manager or a change in tactics.

Hartley had a good track record until his appointment with us, the BoD hired RM on his stats and until he was appointed with us stats were in his favour.

One thing that always bemuses me is the criticism the BOD gets over the Hartley situation.

The decision to appoint Hartley was a good decision. The decision to bin Hartley was a good decision. I really don't think they did anything wrong over it.

Surely appointing him was a bad decision?

Any managerial appointment is going to come with a risk, you just dont know how players are going to adjust to a new manager or a change in tactics.

Hartley had a good track record until his appointment with us, the BoD hired RM on his stats and until he was appointed with us stats were in his favour.

Hartley's record with us for the full first season was great. It wasn't until the summer and first few games of 17/18 that it went tits-up.

They hired a promising young manager, who did well for nine months, and then binned him when it was obvious he'd fucked up.

Surely appointing him was a bad decision?

No. Based on the information at the time, appointing him was a good decision. His record during 17/18 - particularly from January onwards when he was able to bring in his own players - was excellent.