Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I would add to this, assuming by our level you mean this league, players work well for managers when the manager can create a tight-knit feel about the dressing room with some continuity. It's what worked for Arbroath and what has (so far) been working for us this season, low player turn-over means creates a positive atmosphere where everyone works for each other. 

You can't have tight-knit when you bring in players then sideline them like McKinnon has - Leitch, Miller, Toshney for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

You can't have tight-knit when you bring in players then sideline them like McKinnon has - Leitch, Miller, Toshney for example. 

Exactly the issue that Ray has fostered at FFC. The fans toss insults at players they perceive (correctly) as mercenaries without any loyalty to the Club. These players, without any ties to the organization, have little incentive to perform for anything other than their own reasons. The older players that Ray brought in, often his buddies, are realistic that they aren’t getting any offers from higher leagues, so their only possible motivation is that driven by the coach and not the Club/fans.

We can see that Ray couldn’t lead a group of sailors to a whorehouse, let alone motivate players, so why expect performance on the field? The younger players are Falkirk’s true hope for this season, but are they enough and/or getting playing time?

At first I didn’t believe that Ray could actually f**k up Falkirk’s season this badly with his budget. I was wrong, and now I find myself hoping for Ray to say (for selfish reasons) while feeling bad about wishing that on anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What is going on in the South East corner of the stadium?
 
Screenshot_20191113-150517.thumb.png.2ad6789f2f4369923ba395e6bc6c579e.png


Picture must have been taken a while ago because there a changing rooms now positioned there. Guessing this was the groundwork for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Picture must have been taken a while ago because there a changing rooms now positioned there. Guessing this was the groundwork for it.

 

 

Just had a look again. Got it horribly wrong. Changing rooms aren’t there.

 

Listen, I will get better and stronger at this. I will work hard from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LauriestonBairn said:

 

 

Just had a look again. Got it horribly wrong. Changing rooms aren’t there.

 

Listen, I will get better and stronger at this. I will work hard from now on.

Season starts next week.

#Wegoagain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Plenty of room for a stand or something in between the 2 pitches as well when you look at the foot print of both stands behind the goals

There may be room to shoehorn another stand in but what about space for construction - I cannot see how they could build a stand from the sides.

Just can't see a way the footprint of a construction site would not cover that new pitch. Anyway we are all kidding ourselves , it's never happening. 

Although I did hear MC's plans involved building the 4th stand in Manhattan and shipping it over on a titanium platform pulled by silver & gold unicorns.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A “clear the air” meeting is pointless when the manager won’t change his style. No manager will. It’s like asking Big Sam to play Tika Tika

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Stolen from @Scotdrone on Twitter 

AC49AE21-F7C5-42EB-A860-9CAF86201BB4.jpeg

Great picture...….and it's a fair huge chunk of land when you see it.

Are those 5-a-side pitches still active? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Exactly the issue that Ray has fostered at FFC. The fans toss insults at players they perceive (correctly) as mercenaries without any loyalty to the Club. These players, without any ties to the organization, have little incentive to perform for anything other than their own reasons. The older players that Ray brought in, often his buddies, are realistic that they aren’t getting any offers from higher leagues, so their only possible motivation is that driven by the coach and not the Club/fans.

We can see that Ray couldn’t lead a group of sailors to a whorehouse, let alone motivate players, so why expect performance on the field? The younger players are Falkirk’s true hope for this season, but are they enough and/or getting playing time?

At first I didn’t believe that Ray could actually f**k up Falkirk’s season this badly with his budget. I was wrong, and now I find myself hoping for Ray to say (for selfish reasons) while feeling bad about wishing that on anyone.

I think you are spot on with your assertion.

I said a while ago when we binned the academy we lost our main identify & a big link to the community. You mention "younger players at Falkirk"- I don't think there are any anymore.

Craig Campbell's terribly executed Brentford Model left us with utter garbage players with no feeling for the club - they were eventually replaced by what we have now, a mix of mercenaries & Ray's old pals.

I heard an ex player on the radio last year , can't remember who it was and he said players do not play for the fans, they play for the manager who brought them in...…..until which time that they want rid of him then they cease to try for him.

There is no doubt in recent years our best time was when the team was full of ex academy guys  - Sibbald, Fultons, Alston , Kingsley, Wallace etc - cup final, praise from all quarters, players with an affinity for the club and then we made some decent cash form them mostly.

Incidentally who in our current squad could we sell for cash, any cash?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

A “clear the air” meeting is pointless when the manager won’t change his style. No manager will. It’s like asking Big Sam to play Tika Tika

I'm 3000 miles away in Maine USA been a bairns fan all my life it's so sad to see our great club where it is now. McKinnon has to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, USA bairn said:

I'm 3000 miles away in Maine USA been a bairns fan all my life it's so sad to see our great club where it is now. McKinnon has to go

3000miles away is practically local.

But welcome fellow time-zoner.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A “clear the air” meeting is pointless when the manager won’t change his style. No manager will. It’s like asking Big Sam to play Tika Tika
Totally agree. In my opinion this coming out is almost as good as a vote of confidence. If he doesn't get a reaction, then even the board will know he's lost the dressing room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Great picture...….and it's a fair huge chunk of land when you see it.

Are those 5-a-side pitches still active? 

They aren’t used anymore I’d imagine it’s the original Astro that was put down when built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An emergency board meeting took place last night to sack McKinnon but the old blood on the board ( Lex and Andy ) rejected the idea stating things like “ who cares what they think” and there’s only about 50 people angry.

Stated he will win us the league and has a healthy 51% win rate this year.

We need to organise something here as they blatantly don’t care what the fans think and are killing our club

Andy Thomson and Lex Miller have to go! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...