The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

TxRover is most likely a returning Falkirk fan. Probably DeeBairn imo.

Sorry, nope. Just a passerby who got interested in the MC fiasco and how a club like Falkirk has stumbled so badly. Having seen similar mismanagement at Raith, it’s just befuddling to see the same kind of mistakes made at Falkirk. Mix that with Ray McKinnon’s involvement, and it becomes an interesting place to watch, kind of like a crash crash. I understand the hubris of those in charge thinking that they won’t make the same errors that others have made, but the ability to willfully ignore the fruits of ones errors and misdeeds is, well, it takes a special kind of delusion and self-centeredness.

As for “knowing the team better”, I’ve simply offered opinions on an opinion board. It seems a large number of FFC fans believe that The Great Raymundo assembled a Championship team this year, but I believe it is closer to a Championship payroll with a few marginal Championship players and a bunch of mid-pack League One players. To suggest that someone not a “fan” cannot have any idea of how players are performing is an interesting take too.

Skipping that argument, the team lacks balance, coaching and leadership, that much seems fair. The open question is can fixing one of the three (coaching) solve either of the other two? But, since this line of inquiry seems verboten by any other than the “faithful”, I’ll just drive by now and then and see how the Circus is going.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Sorry, nope. Just a passerby who got interested in the MC fiasco and how a club like Falkirk has stumbled so badly. Having seen similar mismanagement at Raith, it’s just befuddling to see the same kind of mistakes made at Falkirk. Mix that with Ray McKinnon’s involvement, and it becomes an interesting place to watch, kind of like a crash crash. I understand the hubris of those in charge thinking that they won’t make the same errors that others have made, but the ability to willfully ignore the fruits of ones errors and misdeeds is, well, it takes a special kind of delusion and self-centeredness.

As for “knowing the team better”, I’ve simply offered opinions on an opinion board. It seems a large number of FFC fans believe that The Great Raymundo assembled a Championship team this year, but I believe it is closer to a Championship payroll with a few marginal Championship players and a bunch of mid-pack League One players. To suggest that someone not a “fan” cannot have any idea of how players are performing is an interesting take too.

Skipping that argument, the team lacks balance, coaching and leadership, that much seems fair. The open question is can fixing one of the three (coaching) solve either of the other two? But, since this line of inquiry seems verboten by any other than the “faithful”, I’ll just drive by now and then and see how the Circus is going.

Good post mate.Says it all about whats happening at Falkirk at the moment.When realism sets in its sad that such a so called big club has slumped to these depths. Their support is crying out for change from top to bottom.Worrying times in Grangemouth.