The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I agree in some areas that the players should be ashamed but these players that are here are here for one or two reasons, one money and the other that no one else a league or two above us wanted them.

Mutch is our only sellable asset, the rest are journey men or nearly men, yes some should be too good for this league but the management has built a squad that's the equivalent of wethers originals in being nice and there is the problem

I agree to an extent. Genuinely doubt however that Bell, Buchanan, Durnan, Toshney, Doyle, Telfer (remember him?), Connolly, Tidser, Gomis, Longridge, Sammon, McManus, McMillan would’ve been struggling for a Championship contract at worst. They’re here only because of money - not blaming them for that. It’s up to the manager to get a tune out of a squad that should hold its own in the Championship.

53 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I agree to an extent. Genuinely doubt however that Bell, Buchanan, Durnan, Toshney, Doyle, Telfer (remember him?), Connolly, Tidser, Gomis, Longridge, Sammon, McManus, McMillan would’ve been struggling for a Championship contract at worst. They’re here only because of money - not blaming them for that. It’s up to the manager to get a tune out of a squad that should hold its own in the Championship.

Bell could be a Championship backup...Buchanan, unlikely...Durnan, has a chance to start in Championship...Toshney, nope...Doyle, yes, probably...Telfer, possibly, but not certainly...Connolly, you've been drinking...Tidser, I just don't know, but it isn't certain he would be...Gomis, certainly a depth player for a Championship team, at least, but never a fulltime player now...Longridge, ok...Sammon, washed up...McManus, yep...McMillan, would be marginal.

All that being said, that gives you a keeper, one or two backs, one to three mids and two or three forwards that should be top level players in League One. So that speaks to either a motivational issue or a managerial issue...and most people here have diagnoised a management issue, which contributes to the motivational issue.

As a thought, what do you figure this team would be doing in the Championship with Ray coaching it?

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Bell could be a Championship backup...Buchanan, unlikely...Durnan, has a chance to start in Championship...Toshney, nope...Doyle, yes, probably...Telfer, possibly, but not certainly...Connolly, you've been drinking...Tidser, I just don't know, but it isn't certain he would be...Gomis, certainly a depth player for a Championship team, at least, but never a fulltime player now...Longridge, ok...Sammon, washed up...McManus, yep...McMillan, would be marginal.

All that being said, that gives you a keeper, one or two backs, one to three mids and two or three forwards that should be top level players in League One. So that speaks to either a motivational issue or a managerial issue...and most people here have diagnoised a management issue, which contributes to the motivational issue.

As a thought, what do you figure this team would be doing in the Championship with Ray coaching it?

There will soon be a sobering realization that the majority if not all of these players will be with us in the Championship next season IF we manage to get up. This is due to two year contracts being thrown around like confetti.  

Yes some might have got a gig in the Championship but unlikely on the same money and for 2 years.

But we will be stuck with them , another year older another year crappier. 

18 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

There will soon be a sobering realization that the majority if not all of these players will be with us in the Championship next season IF we manage to get up. This is due to two year contracts being thrown around like confetti.  

Yes some might have got a gig in the Championship but unlikely on the same money and for 2 years.

But we will be stuck with them , another year older another year crappier. 

I think I just threw-up a little. I hadn't even considered that. At least Raith has the advantage of a number of promising younger players on two year contracts. I guess FFC has Longridge, Doyle, Durnan and McManus as a possible core...

Are you sure he doesn’t see it? Given the patchwork nature of his signings, he has little in the way of natural options on the left side. My guess is that he simply feels that “another” player at left back would be a similar target and perhaps slightly less effective (if that’s even possible). Ray is hardheaded, and is still convinced that he knows best, that Dixon was the ideal choice to fill a role last year and he’s not gonna change his mind because he “knows best”. Until the players follow his directions perfectly, Ray will hum and haw about how the team needs to play better and execute the plan. When that happens, it’s the referee, the bounce of the ball, the conditions or the tough league that gets blamed.
Remember, Ray is convinced he’s playing chess and everyone else is playing draughts.

He may be playing chess but he obviously doesn’t know the rules.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Are you so obsessed with our team you think you actually know more about it than Falkirk fans? Toshney seems like a better player than Buchanan and durnan combined, so not sure why he wouldn’t get a champ gig. Telfer and Connolly came from a champ team and would definitely had offers to stay. Tidser has flattered to deceive but Morton fans had a hissy fit when he left. Gomis can’t play more than 60 so that may be a barrier to a champ team I’ll give you that. Still maintain there’s a player in sammon, he was banging them at the start of the season before McKinnon shat all over everything we do

Guest Ecosse83

Lose or draw today and McKinnon will be gone. 

There's actually a part of me that wants us to lose just to get rid of the useless bugger. 

I just want a manager to come in with a clear plan of how we play. This 433 pish is depressing, at this level just play with 2 centre mids a few wingers and 2 strikers. 

Keep it simple!

Edited by Ecosse83

Oh, I doubt a draw would see him gone. That would be his “steadying the ship” claim, and with there being a promise of jam tomorrow, he would see a heavy thumping of Lithgae Rose as him being safe at least until January.
A defeat might (and should) be the end of him. There would be a strong case for it being seen as a perfect example of McKinnon’s creeping damage to the squad since we last played them.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Oh, I doubt a draw would see him gone. That would be his “steadying the ship” claim, and with there being a promise of jam tomorrow, he would see a heavy thumping of Lithgae Rose as him being safe at least until January.
A defeat might (and should) be the end of him. There would be a strong case for it being seen as a perfect example of McKinnon’s creeping damage to the squad since we last played them.

Yep your probably right a draw will be seen as a positive. 

From state of affairs!

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Lose or draw today and McKinnon will be gone. 

There's actually a part of me that wants us to lose just to get rid of the useless bugger. 

I just want a manager to come in with a clear plan of how we play. This 433 pish is depressing, at this level just play with 2 centre mids a few wingers and 2 strikers. 

Keep it simple!

I can't see him gone no matter if we lose today, hope I'm wrong tho