The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Therein lies the nub of the problem. The board will see (or not, if they've any sense) 50 or so usernames on an internet forum giving them hell, and then weigh that up against the approx 4000 who turned up at the game on Saturday and have continued to do so this season. 

I was astonished when I saw that figure at the weekend. Your board would have been thinking "we cannae be doing THAT badly".

Fiddling while Rome burns springs to mind.

In reality though there were noticably more empty seats than there were earlier in the season.

Maybe colder weather was a factor etc but I was surprised at the time by the 4,000 figure (a bit arbitary too, mind).

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

You mention the loss of the academy, something I forgot about that does mesh exactly. Look at Rovers, closing the youth team for a cost savings simply removes a contact with the community and removes an outlet to play and develop those local players. We’re lucky in that we still have a couple of local lads, but without that, a missing link to the fan base develops. One that severs the connections.

Dunfermline Athletic, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath and East Fife come together under one umbrella at academy level..Fife Elite play and train at Starks Park I believe

What did you want the club to do,keep the youth team running even though the couldnt afford to?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

52 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes continuity is something we have massively failed on, as well as the murder of our youth system.  

I don't mean to be disrespectful as we are in agreement & I like your style but you've went full American on me. Do you mean roster or are you actually talking about a big chicken?  

It was 5AM and the screen looked small...no disrespect taken or assumed.

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dunfermline Athletic, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath and East Fife come together under one umbrella at Fife Elite academy level..Play and train at Starks Park I believe

What did you want the club to do,keep the youth team running even though the couldnt afford to?

The point was that you NEED local connections with the team, either through an academy (the Fife Academy is a nice solution to keeping a local connection) or a junior team. No, I understand the need for cost savings that led to that solution, and it seems to be somewhat working, but we’d still do better if we could have kept the colt team.

Falkirk have no such scheme in place, almost completely turned over their roster after a drop, and now seem surprised the fans are feeling no connection to the mercenaries they hired.

19 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dunfermline Athletic, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath and East Fife come together under one umbrella at academy level..Fife Elite play and train at Starks Park I believe

Was about to comment that. RL, have you noticed any difference between a connection for those players who have came through at rovers through fife elite and a when the set up was the way it was before?

Chose to disregard it when he said “Saturday was a blip” after having said “that’s two home games in a row we’ve lost”. One point out twelve against Clyde and Airdrie is not a blip.

I really thought McKinnon saying “me too” came across as an afterthought addition to the “clear the air” discussions. Almost as if he still thinks it’s everyone else, and not him. On the upside, if Dumbarton beat us, that’s got to be McKinnon gone.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Chose to disregard it when he said “Saturday was a blip” after having said “that’s two home games in a row we’ve lost”. One point out twelve against Clyde and Airdrie is not a blip.

I really thought McKinnon saying “me too” came across as an afterthought addition to the “clear the air” discussions. Almost as if he still thinks it’s everyone else, and not him. On the upside, if Dumbarton beat us, that’s got to be McKinnon gone.

I think there is a lot to be read into that. The trouble is even with RM going it still doesn’t get rid of what the problem is and that is those that are running the club. If they seem to think those wanting rid of them is only 50 or so fans they are kidding themselves on About that  that as much as they know what the club needs and wants it needs a complete overhaul from board to management.  

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How have you guys not punted McKinnon yet? Should have stormed the castle when the club admitted the takeover was a total sham.

Can't speak for everyone else but I only go so I can have a gab with my old man every couple of weeks. Don't want to risk getting banned.

4 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Therein lies the nub of the problem. The board will see (or not, if they've any sense) 50 or so usernames on an internet forum giving them hell, and then weigh that up against the approx 4000 who turned up at the game on Saturday and have continued to do so this season. 

I was astonished when I saw that figure at the weekend. Your board would have been thinking "we cannae be doing THAT badly".

Fiddling while Rome burns springs to mind.

It amazes me that such a relatively small number of people use P & B to express their opinions etc., as the saying goes, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they usually stink. We live in an age of the internet and social media and you would think that far more people would be posting on here. If as they say that we are only 50 out of 4,000, just over 1% of our support, are the other 99% living in a Xanax induced stupor and just accepting any guff that the club feeds them?

25 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think there is a lot to be read into that. The trouble is even with RM going it still doesn’t get rid of what the problem is and that is those that are running the club. If they seem to think those wanting rid of them is only 50 or so fans they are kidding themselves on About that  that as much as they know what the club needs and wants it needs a complete overhaul from board to management.  

You make a good point but to be effective change or certainty in ownership/boardroom has to come first.

Take for example we punt McKinnon and get a replacement. Then ownership changes with a good chance they want to bring in their own manager.

That alone will be a factor in a new manager coming. They will want certainty and continuity and if ownership in the future is a question they will want the assurance of a longer contract. 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Was about to comment that. RL, have you noticed any difference between a connection for those players who have came through at rovers through fife elite and a when the set up was the way it was before?

I know there is grumbling about the bigger/higher clubs in setup get a better chance at players, but it seems to be doing decent so far. As far as a casual fan see it. Perhaps @Rovers_Lad has more insight.

Lads,

The ownership isnt changing because the fambase doesnt have the stones to put them in an untenable position.

Ray is staying, the MSG are staying. We have the club we collectively deserve because even the dissenting fans are part of a 4k strong collective who evidently, if the majority rules, are happy.

Fucking pathetic.

An emergency board meeting took place last night to sack McKinnon but the old blood on the board ( Lex and Andy ) rejected the idea stating things like “ who cares what they think” and there’s only about 50 people angry.
Stated he will win us the league and has a healthy 51% win rate this year.
We need to organise something here as they blatantly don’t care what the fans think and are killing our club
Andy Thomson and Lex Miller have to go! 
Source for this mate? Not doubting you, just asking