The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

This explains why he was soo keen to move to Scotland from Manhattan, and also why he seems to spend all his time here despite him giving the illusion all his business is in the US. 

I see Brooklyn Coffee is also registered in the UK.  

Took a quick tour of Markell Group via Google. Interesting, they currently have one employee...Mr. Bell, who is being sued by Ms. Mota along with MC. Lots of serving of documents, very little real estate action recorded, and it looks like the address may actually be a co-working space. There is some indications of the host of the parked Markell Group site being a Russian server, but it’s tenuous. Otherwise, there is no indication that the whole Fairway thing is even real.

The only other Markell Group OOO is Russian, interestingly enough, but not clearly related.

His empire isn’t much of one. The court recognizes the service of the legal papers to his company and doorman, so MC is probably not visiting the U.S. soon.

Edited by TxRover

On 02/11/2019 at 19:07, AL-FFC said:

If i mind right was Burridge not a fair size when he played for us ? although in his defence he was getting on a bit then and was still the oldest keepers in the game.

Goram is still the best keepers I've seen, Neville Southall up there too, both could've played humpty Dumpty in a film

On 02/11/2019 at 21:38, champions said:

Remember when the airdrie fans walked to Brockville?

They got pumped 8 nil 😂😂

I remember the reverse to Broomfield when a few arrests were made.

Noss and his dug, Wiggy and Francis quo

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The standard of this league is absolutely woeful and a decent manager would be steamrollering it with the players we have in the squad

McKinnon seems to need to make the same mistake three or four times before learning it doesn't work.

Does McKinnon learn ?

4-2-3-1 doesn't work at Utd, changes to 4-4-2 finds success, lost the play off, reverts back to 4-2-3-1 following season to get sacked

Edited by MrDust

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Top of the league and you’re nooooooo!

(taking the chance while I can, it’s not likely to last though obviously hope it does) 

Get beat on Saturday we could be fourth

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Took a quick tour of Markell Group via Google. Interesting, they currently have one employee...Mr. Bell, who is being sued by Ms. Mota along with MC. Lots of serving of documents, very little real estate action recorded, and it looks like the address may actually be a co-working space. There is some indications of the host of the parked Markell Group site being a Russian server, but it’s tenuous. Otherwise, there is no indication that the whole Fairway thing is even real.

The only other Markell Group OOO is Russian, interestingly enough, but not clearly related.

His empire isn’t much of one. The court recognizes the service of the legal papers to his company and doorman, so MC is probably not visiting the U.S. soon.

Did you get all that info from the Markell Group website, it's  packed full of content & really easy for prospective clients to navigate through.

Well it's one page really , oh plus a ""Contact" page which has no phone number or email address.

https://markellgroup.com/  

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Did you get all that info from the Markell Group website, it's  packed full of content & really easy for prospective clients to navigate through.

Well it's one page really , oh plus a ""Contact" page which has no phone number or email address.

https://markellgroup.com/  

So pretty much the same as Fairway Sports Media which was to be the purchasing vehicle for Falkirk.  It’s done and dusted now and we are stuck with the status quo until they take the hint they are holding us back.

Edited by AL-FFC

I kind of wondered why “Fairway Sports”. At first I thought it is probably golf related, and it’s been used to show a broad based sports outfit involved in more than one sport.

Then my neighbour saw it. A rugby guy with very little interest in football.

He said it was “ a clever name. Probably picked because it sounds a bit like Fenway Sports”. He might be right.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I kind of wondered why “Fairway Sports”. At first I thought it is probably golf related, and it’s been used to show a broad based sports outfit involved in more than one sport.

Then my neighbour saw it. A rugby guy with very little interest in football.

He said it was “ a clever name. Probably picked because it sounds a bit like Fenway Sports”. He might be right.

Exactly my thoughts. A primary school kid on break could have designed a more convincing website.

I wonder if we will hear anything from the club pre AGM in regards to their next steps, are the MSG still looking for offers for their shares? will they go back to previous bidders? someone mentioned on here Alan Gow as waiting for the MC deal to collapse and was hoping to get back to the table.

Although last weeks announcement felt like a win we have to remember we still have LM running the Club ATM and that cant continue on too long IMO, he was only meant to be an interim chair.

i personally cant see BTB coming back, at least not in its current form, they were f****d around that much you could not blame them for not wanting to re-enter negotiations, the patrons are still there though, the club should be actively looking to engage with them.

Edited by falkirkzombie

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

So pretty much the same as Fairway Sports Media which was to be the purchasing vehicle for Falkirk.  It’s done and dusted now and we are stuck with the status quo until they take the hint they are holding us back.

I thought Fairway Sports Capital was the purchasing vehicle. 

Fairway Sports Media is MC's tv company that is going to win over the rights to the EPL & La Liga on the back of all the online coffee he is going to sell. 

It's got a similarly sparse website to the Markell Group , which is odd for a media company.

https://fairwaysportscapital.media/  

56 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

I wonder if we will hear anything from the club pre AGM in regards to their next steps, are the MSG still looking for offers for their shares? will they go back to previous bidders? someone mentioned on here Alan Gow as waiting for the MC deal to collapse and was hoping to get back to the table.

Although last weeks announcement felt like a win we have to remember we still have LM running the Club ATM and that cant continue on too long IMO, he was only meant to be an interim chair.

i personally cant see BTB coming back, at least not in its current form, they were f****d around that much you could not blame them for not wanting to re-enter negotiations, the patrons are still there though, the club should be actively looking to engage with them.

If you look at their wording in the statement it says they are "looking for investment", in no way does it suggest them leaving the club anytime soon  wtf does it take for them to take the hint or do they still think they can turn things around and make everything alright.

I especially like their intro......grammar and sentence structure riddled with errors.

IF YOUR FANS ARE THERE, YOU SHOULD BE TOO…

In the crowded world of digital media that we live in today, The balance between Consistency and quality has never been more important. Whether you are looking to increase awareness for your club through social media or develop an alternative revenue source through subscription video on demand, Our team has extensive experience in not only producing but delivering high quality content to fans around the world.

“The balance between consistency and quality”. Wtf does that mean? That consistency and quality are opposites of one another constantly vying for the upper hand? What utter shite.

“Develop an alternative revenue source” should be “additional” not “alternative”.

“Increase awareness for your club” should be “of”, not “for”.

I am pretty sure that they will not have a single client on their books (if indeed, they even have books).

The fact is FFC at present is not very marketable.

Minority part owners of the stadium. Bank balance ? but it won't be a lot once the lawyers and accounts get paid for the least few months shambles.

Playing squad that is worthless. No youth system in place so no income stream from that direction. Playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

To turn that around will require deep pockets, time and a sound business plan

Buy out the other stakeholders in the stadium. Re introduce a youth system learning from what we did well and what we did not do well in the past.

Invest in a marketable product on the pitch. With that will come the fans, increased sponsorship and advertising revenue.

That is a long way off for at present we can't be sure what is happening today , next week , next month.