The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

That's my point anyone we can attract won't give a toss about the ownership problem at the club which was your original argument!

No it's not ! Who ever it is has to be better than what we have at present and then some. That quality if available could get a job in a more stable club in a higher division. Let's not fall out about it. We both agree change is required. Do you agree that the process would be made easier if the ownership business was settled ? Of course you do. Look at it this way. We punt McKinnon and get a new manager. We then get a new owner who brings in his own choice of manager. Not good !

22 minutes ago, mb1876 said:

my interest  in this mediocre team is getting less and less each week with McKinnon as manager. If he's still in charge by xmas we are stuck with him and stuck in this league. For the first time in 30 year im beginning to lose faith, interest and hope for my team. Get McKinnon and some of his imposters away as soon as possible!

If you think this is bad you should have lived through the Miller , Hagart , Little mid 70's era. Oooooh puts the cold shivers up my spine thinking about it. What we have now is nothing compared to that misery.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

No it's not ! Who ever it is has to be better than what we have at present and then some. That quality if available could get a job in a more stable club in a higher division. Let's not fall out about it. We both agree change is required. Do you agree that the process would be made easier if the ownership business was settled ? Of course you do. Look at it this way. We punt McKinnon and get a new manager. We then get a new owner who brings in his own choice of manager. Not good !

So you would rather we stuck with McKinnon and hope he can scrape us the League? Very risky in my opinion. Ownership won't be sorted anytime soon so why should we stick with McKinnon?

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

So you would rather we stuck with McKinnon and hope he can scrape us the League? Very risky in my opinion. Ownership won't be sorted anytime soon so why should we stick with McKinnon?

It certainly is not a desirable situation. So to answer your question. No I don't want McKinnon to see out the season. But the risks and scenarios in sacking him now could make things worse as the ownership fiasco  play out. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It certainly is not a desirable situation. So to answer your question. No I don't want McKinnon to see out the season. But the risks and scenarios in sacking him now could make things worse as the ownership fiasco  play out. 

How would sacking him make things worse? The reality is he's probably one of the worst managers in the league and needs to be emptied. 

That and the assistant manager is a p***k of the highest order. 

17 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How would sacking him make things worse? The reality is he's probably one of the worst managers in the league and needs to be emptied. 

That and the assistant manager is a p***k of the highest order. 

Well that depends on who replaces him, so we don't know if it would be better or worse. 

Punting him now we get a new manager. Adding to that it would be most likely that there will be a change in ownership. They take over and could well punt the new manager for whatever reason and bring in their own man.

It could well make a bad situation worse.

Its a shambles for whatever we do it's a mess

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Well that depends on who replaces him, so we don't know if it would be better or worse. 

Punting him now we get a new manager. Adding to that it would be most likely that there will be a change in ownership. They take over and could well punt the new manager for whatever reason and bring in their own man.

Yep I agree it's a mess but McKinnon shouldn't be kept on in a just incase hypothetical situation. He's not up to the job and needs to be replaced. 

There are plenty of better managers than him out of work just now!

McKinnon is at the end of the rainbow now. He got a move to RR after Brechin. He lucked into a decent side thanks to a couple of loan players, and that got him a “one of us” move to Tannadice where his true abilities were laid bare.
He got the “nothing” gig at Morton where he was going to do nothing special, then inexplicably, the move to us based on absolutely nothing at all. So here he is, the end of the rainbow. No-one else would take him now.

And it ended up costing you sixty grand. Glorious ineptitude.

And Tidser is on 1200 a week !

If you think this is bad you should have lived through the Miller , Hagart , Little mid 70's era. Oooooh puts the cold shivers up my spine thinking about it. What we have now is nothing compared to that misery.

Those days were bad, rotten team playing in front of tiny crowds (the Brockville nostalgia crew seem to be blind to this period).
I actually probably preferred those days to the current mess but no doubt this is because I was a daft teenager rather than a cynical, bitter middle aged misery.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Just as a matter of interest, who is a potential caretaker manager, currently on staff. I assume Taylor and Jackson likely have their credentials, but is there anyone else? And would either of those two work?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Just as a matter of interest, who is a potential caretaker manager, currently on staff. I assume Taylor and Jackson likely have their credentials, but is there anyone else? And would either of those two work?

Jacko is a goalkeeping coach who I think is part-time. He doesn't really strike me as ever being a potential manager, though he's a really nice guy. He also has a fulltime job in the prison service.

Ray and Darren are childhood friends who came in together along with our sports science guy. When one goes , I imagine all will go.

There is no obvious potential caretaker manager at the club. Not that I think one will be needed. As long as we're in contention then I don't see the current board making changes.

What might happen if Mark Campbell gains control is anyone's guess.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Jacko is a goalkeeping coach who I think is part-time. He doesn't really strike me as ever being a potential manager, though he's a really nice guy. He also has a fulltime job in the prison service.

Could he maybe take the team next week and ask Ray to take a shot of booting the ball into the goalie’s hands from 5 yards away during warm-ups?

Ray would end up putting the ball out the stadium.

We might not win the league and may well miss out again in the play offs but this man cares about his players and team. Particularly near the end of the interview his emotion shows.

I'd imagine you guys would be desperate for someone with similar feelings if you're going to dump Ray the Snake.