The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

His shameful treatment of Sarah Scott & club legend Crawford Baptie was a total disgrace.     

Sarah Scott Or George Craig?  Guy wouldn't stand a chance.

Everyone associated with FFC loved SS.

Find me someone with a great word to say about GC

20 hours ago, brokeville said:

Anyone remember this? The good old days at Brockville. IMG_8456.thumb.jpg.547eb414f17d5364750dbcb6085a367a.jpg

Funny how remembering a game where we got humped can bring back happy memories. Me and the auld fella (R.I.P.) were at the game, a bit of a bonding exercise as me liking football pleased him greatly as my 2 brothers have never had an interest in the beautiful game. Never have understood how any bloke can't like fitba. Hope I don't get reported for this post.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

19 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The type of guy who is fantastic at selling himself in job interviews but hopeless when it comes to producing the goods when in place.

You just described the majority of people where i work 

The gornik game was before my time but I remember pumas of Mexico absolutely outclassing us in a way the old firm weren't back then. I'd never seen us done like that until Hartley's heroes first half v forfar when we should've been 4 or 5 down at half time! 

Where’s the tautology police when you need them.

I remember that as being a very sunny day, and yes, they passed us off the park. Was the Gornik game(s) more of a doing? I would reckon yes, because they were unrelenting.

Didn’t Gornik play the old Rangers in a Euro tie shortly afterwards, and hand them a thorough beating too?

The Gornik game was an evening game and, although we were smashed, what I recall was the brilliance of their passing and interplay which cut us shreds. Truly amazing.
i may be wrong but I think one of our few successes was Jim Shirra although time plays tricks.
can someone tell me what year this was?
November 1970 and the same month the following year.
Both games 4-0 to Gornik.
I'm not sure if I was at both or just one... but do remember the absolute beating they gave us and that team has always been stuck in my mind since.... takes a lot to impress an 11 year old and they certainly did that.

The Gornik game was an evening game and, although we were smashed, what I recall was the brilliance of their passing and interplay which cut us shreds. Truly amazing.
i may be wrong but I think one of our few successes was Jim Shirra although time plays tricks.
can someone tell me what year this was?

I know Gornik was an evening game, but the Pumas game was a sunny event, but can’t remember if it was a sunny afternoon or evening.

only been to 1 game this season and it was Clyde away. the football is terrible. sadly not missing it at all

not supporting ray here , however 16 shots at goal and no goals today so not just down to him. only very minor positive is that 2 games into the second quarter and we have 3 points from 6 where in the first quarter we had 1 from same two teams, albeit both those were away and these 2 were at home. still in touching distance at top but simply nowhere near good enough.

challenging times on and off the park

4 hours ago, bud1876 said:

November 1970 and the same month the following year.
Both games 4-0 to Gornik.
I'm not sure if I was at both or just one... but do remember the absolute beating they gave us and that team has always been stuck in my mind since.... takes a lot to impress an 11 year old and they certainly did that.

As well as Lubanski they had the Polish international Jerzy Gorgon. The guys presence and the confidence he gave the whole team was obvious. Nothing fancy being a centre half came first, dominating the ground and the air in the 18 yard box winning every ball that came into it. When he got he ball it was a 100% pass rate and he got back to ensuring the defensive shape. To give an idea of just how good he was, after 90 minutes he walked of immaculate not a mark on his strip or a bead of sweat.  His reading of the game and positional sense were uncanny. 6ft 3inch build like an Olympic sprinter with shoulders like a heavy weigh boxer. You are right it was a football education and no mistake.