The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The emboldened sentence does not make one iota of sense.

And as for the ownership being sorted one way or the other... errr no. MC taking over does not sound like the sort of progress I am interested in.

The emboldened sentence was a mistake so please don't take it out of context, apologies . I agree MC is not what we want but the longer this inertia goes on the more long term damage to the clubs future. Whatever the options it does not look good MC or the current lot stay in power. We have to face the fact we are not marketable and have next to zero assets. 

31 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Anyone remember this? The good old days at Brockville. IMG_8456.thumb.jpg.547eb414f17d5364750dbcb6085a367a.jpg

Lubanski that game was world class and the best foreign player I have ever seen at Brockville. He had everything Two footed, Pace , Good in the air, Hard as nails, Passing long and short and a great team player as well. Markie and Gibson had a torrid time trying to deal with him.

People were raving about Gornik and Lubanski in the Royal Bar after words.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

28 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Anyone remember this? The good old days at Brockville. IMG_8456.thumb.jpg.547eb414f17d5364750dbcb6085a367a.jpg

My Polish friend told me it's pronounced Gornick Jebsha if I remember right.   I wasn't there that night but my dad had already started lifting me over the turnstiles at Brockville the season before.  Good old days indeed.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Doesn’t that fact (sending trolls) suggest that the MSG is locked into their path? It seems it’s MC or hell bent to have Ray “win the league“...

l’ll certainly agree that this forum is a much easier go than some others, I’ve seldom been told I’m full of shit more politely.

(Preparing for incoming fire) If you extrapolate results through 10 games (home and away, points per game), FFC is on course for third. This only proves that there are three types of lies....lies, damn lies and statistics. I don’t think everyone will finish the way that a statistical analysis for the season thus far would suggest...but it’s interesting to consider what it suggests, and that is certainly that Ray’s road behavior has been insanely bad for FFC’s season prospects.

The first quarter is only of note if one team (usually the norm) or two teams are running away on their own and taking the current situation we have Raith a 60% win rate and ourselves and East Fife 50% no one is running away as it stands.  The only thing Id bet on is it will be both Raith and Falkirk filling in the top two places and the champions will end up playing their final game at the TFS. 

The next quarter will show more than the 1st,  tho I reckon the fight for the 4th place will be as good as the fight for 1st and 2nd

My Polish friend told me it's pronounced Gornick Jebsha if I remember right.   I wasn't there that night but my dad had already started lifting me over the turnstiles at Brockville the season before.  Good old days indeed.

We got humped

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The first quarter is only of note if one team (usually the norm) or two teams are running away on their own and taking the current situation we have Raith a 60% win rate and ourselves and East Fife 50% no one is running away as it stands.  The only thing Id bet on is it will be both Raith and Falkirk filling in the top two places and the champions will end up playing their final game at the TFS. 

The next quarter will show more than the 1st,  tho I reckon the fight for the 4th place will be as good as the fight for 1st and 2nd

Absolutely true on the 1st quarter plus, which is why it’s just a useful trend indicator (and fun fodder for discussion).

Disagree on Raith and Falkirk, as I think you have to add East Fire. It genuinely looks like they found the keys this year.

The fight for fourth could be very interesting. I would tap Airdrie, Dumbarton and Clyde to be jockeying...with Airdrie threatening number three if one of the lead horses stumbles.

11 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Same with Eddie May at the Kilmarnock game of IIRC. I was in the gazebo for that game for reasons I can't recall. Was a Tuesday night I think. 

It was a Wednesday night.

Eddie May resigned after that match , but incredibly George Craig persuaded him to sleep on it. He did and resigned the next day.  

Eddie had already tried to resign 2 months earlier but George successfully convinced him to stay.

Eddie managed us for 27 games and had a win ratio of 14%. He hated being a manager and never did it again (apart from caretaker at Hibs for a couple of games).  

George Craig is a complete muppet. 

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

George Craig is a complete muppet. 

Considering what he cost in his 6 - 7 years I'd love the bold GC to explain to me what he sees as his successes in his time as FFC MD???

Everything he touched turned to shit and he must have cost near £400k.

Why Killie and Hibs hired him afterwards is another great question 

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Considering what he cost in his 6 - 7 years I'd love the bold GC to explain to me what he sees as his successes in his time as FFC MD???

You are correct, his high level of arrogance was only matched by his sheer incompetence in the role and he cost us a fortune.

I remember him one time in hospitality proclaiming with no hint of irony "Welcome to my empire!" I thought to myself it's our club not your empire.

His shameful treatment of Sarah Scott & club legend Crawford Baptie was a total disgrace.     

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Absolutely true on the 1st quarter plus, which is why it’s just a useful trend indicator (and fun fodder for discussion).

Disagree on Raith and Falkirk, as I think you have to add East Fire. It genuinely looks like they found the keys this year.

The fight for fourth could be very interesting. I would tap Airdrie, Dumbarton and Clyde to be jockeying...with Airdrie threatening number three if one of the lead horses stumbles.

Agreed that projecting the league forward after the first quarter isn't going to end up being very accurate most of the time.

As for the title. I think a very fair minded view at the beginning would have been that Falkirk would likely win it, Raith would be behind them and East Fife were probably more likely to be play-off challangers than title challangers. Even though there's not much to pick between the three at the moment, it's probably still fair to predict that of the three Falkirk, Raith, East Fife is still the most likely order in which they'll finish. As Mr Dust says, half way is probably a better point to start really re-evaluating pre-season predictions.

I wou;d assume that three of the eventual top four will be the currect top 3 by th eend of the season. But that 4th spot is looking absolutely wide open right now. I'd say I'd only really be surprised if Peterhead or Stranraer end up taking it.

49 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

You are correct, his high level of arrogance was only matched by his sheer incompetence in the role and he cost us a fortune.

I remember him one time in hospitality proclaiming with no hint of irony "Welcome to my empire!" I thought to myself it's our club not your empire.

His shameful treatment of Sarah Scott & club legend Crawford Baptie was a total disgrace.     

The type of guy who is fantastic at selling himself in job interviews but hopeless when it comes to producing the goods when in place.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Just look at where killie are since he left and hibs have ended up since he arrived and that says it all.

We got humped

Absolutely battered. Lubanski was several classes above everyone else that night.

He was the sort of player who nowadays, would slot right into a Barca or Bayern Munich side.

91 days since our “preferred bidder” was installed. Now looking like a bit of a stick on to pass the 100 days milestone.
Maybe worth putting the Guinness Book of Records on standby.

30 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Absolutely battered. Lubanski was several classes above everyone else that night.

He was the sort of player who nowadays, would slot right into a Barca or Bayern Munich side.

Włodzimierz Lubański - he played before my time but he appears to have been genuinely world class. only Lewandowski has scored more for Poland!