The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

As far as I know it's the council, it's their land.

Fair enough think its £2 at Airdrie & not sure what Dumbarton charge now but think the rest of the league parking is free. I did ask the woman collecting the cash if we got a free pie &  pint once inside the ground for our parking fee but she did not seem to see the funny side of it. The club dipped out in the end as I paid for a concession although not quite that age yet so only got £11 rather than £18 full price.

Heard last night that the Campbell was chosen over BTB as preferred bidder because Andy Thomson outright refused to have fans involved.

Would doubt he would have that influence to stop it if all the others wanted it to happen

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Fair enough think its £2 at Airdrie & not sure what Dumbarton charge now but think the rest of the league parking is free. I did ask the woman collecting the cash if we got a free pie &  pint once inside the ground for our parking fee but she did not seem to see the funny side of it. The club dipped out in the end as I paid for a concession although not quite that age yet so only got £11 rather than £18 full price.

Reported.

9 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

^^Dancing* on the streets of Raith right now. Congratulations on securing the title & automatic promotion place.

*puking chips, cheese & White Lightning on himself.

Conceding already? I wouldn’t, but I understand you’re already sick of this season.

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Still enjoying dinosaur Mcglynn. Surely he should've been emptied the moment arbroath beat you to the league one title comfortably. I'd expect mckinnon to be out on his ear if we suffer a similar fate this season.

Actually, McGlynnosaurous is proving to be a pretty adept manager, given our injury woes. Not that dissatisfied with him, unlike you lot with Ray. Come on...you’re not happy with “not losing” and with “competing with tough clubs”?

I think we had it nailed with players signing up to his agent buddies and sports management representation in that they get signed to Falkirk, they get a shop window to play in player moves on for transfer fee agent/sports management company gets fee club gets next to here haw.
basically a bit like project Hartley on steroids with an even worse outcome.

Yip that’s been the plan from the outset , they wanted a club any club to market players through! In reality it’s just a more structured version of what we are now but the big difference is if we find a gem we keep the cash . Going forward if they find one then guess where the profit goes !

Actually, McGlynnosaurous is proving to be a pretty adept manager, given our injury woes. Not that dissatisfied with him, unlike you lot with Ray. Come on...you’re not happy with “not losing” and with “competing with tough clubs”?
Surely his training methods need to be questioned the amount of injuries you lot are getting, read somewhere that Hearts were carrying out all sort of tests on their training pitches and reviewing the warm up / down methods to see if they were attributing to injuries

8 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
58 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Surely his training methods need to be questioned the amount of injuries you lot are getting, read somewhere that Hearts were carrying out all sort of tests on their training pitches and reviewing the warm up / down methods to see if they were attributing to injuries

I would put more into this theory, if it wasn’t game action that generated most of the injuries. Matthews...not sure how you train to not get you face broken; Vaughan...can’t figure a way to stop a guy’s ligaments from having issues if he was medically cleared; GAndo...certainly can’t jump on the pitch and protect his shoulder; Thompson...pretty much pre-dates; Smith...injury to back in game, very little McG could do about that; Bene...that could be conditioning and might be somewhat attributable to McG...

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

How about we change the club song temporarily to ‘Incommunicado’?
Then if things do get sorted and we end up with MC in charge we could change it to ‘Neverland’. As that’s where he’ll take us....

Only one song will do 'The lunatics have taken over the asylum' by the Fun Boy Three'

Now that would be funny as the team ran on the pitch !

3 Finals 5 Semi Finals of the Scottish Cup on glorious spring days in 22 years. Now we await to see what shit we have to play on some piss wet afternoon in November. Hits home where we have got ourselves to. Away day to somewhere new for a day on the piss.

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I like ‘the swan’ and ‘the crown’ and that one at the station, platform 3 or something like that, good pubs.

Aye, Platform 3 is the best of them.  Four Marys has the best beer.

Did them all on a pub crawl one day, from the Bridge Inn to the Star.  What used to be The Lithgae Arms (now called the Kelpies I think?) was like a scene from Deliverance 

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

3 Finals 5 Semi Finals of the Scottish Cup on glorious spring days in 22 years. Now we await to see what shit we have to play on some piss wet afternoon in November. Hits home where we have got ourselves to. Away day to somewhere new for a day on the piss.

You came in at the same stage last season.