The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

I was at the EGM, you were not. It was clear what he said and how it was meant at the time.

I was at the egm too mate. And was very clear to me what he said. I'm no fan of the msg but in this case he certainly wasnt meaning that they would be the msg from now to the end of time. That's just not the case.

56 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes they are still going to be watching the bairns home or away whether they are majority share holders or not. He made that clear that was what he meant when I asked him a couple of weeks ago. 

He's seen the reaction to what he said and shat it then.

I was at the egm too mate. And was very clear to me what he said. I'm no fan of the msg but in this case he certainly wasnt meaning that they would be the msg from now to the end of time. That's just not the case.
Not sure how you can interpret your way tbh, without his future backtrack. We can all do that, doesnt change what he said when under the cosh.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure how you can interpret your way tbh, without his future backtrack. We can all do that, doesnt change what he said when under the cosh.

It was clear to me at the time what he meant. Ffs do people really think that these guys actually feel that they will be the majority shareholders from now to their dieing day?  He was stating that majority share holder or not they would be attending games home and away and therefore going nowhere. If a fan  wins the euromillions and offers them decent cash for the club their going to say no we're going nowhere? Eh naw. As I said I'm certainly no fan of the msg but we're making things up to fit agendas on here I'm afraid.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Thats the only thing that would make sense, that having started a process you are legally dutybound to see it through. Meantime we are powerless watching an absolute shambles.

It’s all but over SA is not going to capitulate and give him the south stand . Without that deal secured his backers will renage on providing the funding. I’ve heard from a very reliable source we are now getting our ducks in a row to defend against any action from him for costs . All pretty messy but I’m certain he park and the football agency MC recently set up were up to no good so we are better safe than sorry.

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It was clear to me at the time what he meant. Ffs do people really think that these guys actually feel that they will be the majority shareholders from now to their dieing day?  He was stating that majority share holder or not they would be attending games home and away and therefore going nowhere. If a fan  wins the euromillions and offers them decent cash for the club their going to say no we're going nowhere? Eh naw. As I said I'm certainly no fan of the msg but we're making things up to fit agendas on here I'm afraid.

Doesnt make any sense in that context though. Why would any boycotters care if SA continues to attend games? 

His comment only makes sense in the context of "i'm not selling"

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesnt make any sense in that context though. Why would any boycotters care if SA continues to attend games? 

His comment only makes sense in the context of "i'm not selling"

He was basically saying if people are boycotting till I'm away then they will have a long boycott as I'll always be here supporting the club.  We're trying to make something out of nothing here. I can tell you if I had thought he meant what you are implying I wouldvr given him it tight right there and then.

18 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He was basically saying if people are boycotting till I'm away then they will have a long boycott as I'll always be here supporting the club.  We're trying to make something out of nothing here. I can tell you if I had thought he meant what you are implying I wouldvr given him it tight right there and then.

He's not an idiot, he knows people aren't boycotting him being in the stand, they are boycotting the ownership and running of the club. You're either a fluffer for him or you're being incredibly naive.

I've said a couple of times now that I think the board are just waiting on a decent run if results to announce no takeover to try and minimise any backlash against them. The fans need to turn the pressure back up as soon as Walter's bid is booted into touch.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I`m somewhere in the middle. Definitely sounded to me as though he was saying the MSG are going nowhere but it was said in anger, a bit of a "red mist" moment. Similar to Boris Johnson saying he would "rather die in a ditch than send a letter to Brussels". Just a bit of bravado.

It may well end up being the case though the way this bid is going.

11 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I`m somewhere in the middle. Definitely sounded to me as though he was saying the MSG are going nowhere but it was said in anger, a bit of a "red mist" moment. Similar to Boris Johnson saying he would "rather die in a ditch than send a letter to Brussels". Just a bit of bravado.

It may well end up being the case though the way this bid is going.

Does anyone have a recording of the meeting or a word by word  notes?

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's not an idiot, he knows people aren't boycotting him being in the stand, they are boycotting the ownership and running of the club. You're either a fluffer for him or you're being incredibly naive.

I've said a couple of times now that I think the board are just waiting on a decent run if results to announce no takeover to try and minimise any backlash against them. The fans need to turn the pressure back up as soon as Walter's bid is booted into touch.

I'm certainly no fluffer mate I can assure you of that. As I said if I had taken it as that I wouldve said. I certainly did enough criticising of them at the egm otherwise so please dont go there with statements like that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I am not disputing how he meant it, however it came across as how I and most interpreted at the time