The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Seems to me like our board want to shaft us one last time by giving us this guy then riding off into the sunset with the cigars out. 

You just twigged to that I think it was obvious from the start why anyone would put the preferred bidder as someone with a poor track record and a string of failed business ventures favourite to buy the club (the only thing that made that actually viable was John Park being on board) and even at that he has distanced himself from the Kenny Rogers tribute act.

On 14/10/2019 at 12:06, badgerthewitness said:

Bankrolled fermer pish.

This myth seems to be peddled solely by "bigger" clubs who are currently miles behind us. 

Who, exactly, is "bankrolling" us?

On 14/10/2019 at 12:35, Hank von Hell said:

I was trying to find this picture earlier on and gave up.....I even googled "St Johnstone Guess Who?"

Well done you.

Hilarious & embarrassing in equal hefty measures.

It earned us more than Falkirk will get from your final league position this year, and helped us recover financially from relegation. 

47 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You just twigged to that I think it was obvious from the start why anyone would put the preferred bidder as someone with a poor track record and a string of failed business ventures favourite to buy the club (the only thing that made that actually viable was John Park being on board) and even at that he has distanced himself from the Kenny Rogers tribute act.

The K R tribute act, Probably with the B.O.D sat singing his song the Gambler.

What a total clueless bunch of arseholes we have running the club.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This myth seems to be peddled solely by "bigger" clubs who are currently miles behind us. 

It earned us more than Falkirk will get from your final league position this year, and helped us recover financially from relegation. 

It’s just our jealousy of you having a BoD that’s competent whilst ours limps from one f**k up to the next don’t know how they made their money with being business savvy but they certainly aren’t football savvy which pretty much says they got lucky for about 10 yrs of it and they have ran out of luck it certainly seems that way.

44 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

For the fourth stand?

The general consensus is they know or knew MC wouldn’t pass DD and they would be hailed as saviours of the club and all would be forgiven if anything they have p*ssed off the support even more with the way this’d has been handled.

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The general consensus is they know or knew MC wouldn’t pass DD and they would be hailed as saviours of the club and all would be forgiven if anything they have p*ssed off the support even more with the way this’d has been handled.

I think your giving them far too much credit, total incompetence in the selection process for PB is far more likely IMO.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It wasn't worth it mate , for a lifetime of embarrassment.

I mean just look it...….......it's an abomination.   

260803-bells-cup-quarter-final-st-johnstone-v-brechin-city-cardboard-BJCXTM.jpg.cef431a8faf83bdb479b3dcdcadc7d8f.jpg.cc4104487133a154dd4a.jpg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Didn't use a gerund clause, RG. I was, quite obviously, referring to those decades when Geoff Brown bankrolled your pishy fermer club. Without his input, you wouldn't be where you are today.

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Didn't use a gerund clause, RG. I was, quite obviously, referring to those decades when Geoff Brown bankrolled your pishy fermer club. Without his input, you wouldn't be where you are today.

What "decades" are they? Hes been fairly open he only put money in once, to buy Billy Dodds, and then took it out with interest 6 months later when he was sold.

You really think a club being "bankrolled" by a millionaire supporter of the club would spend a decade mulling about mid-table in the second tier?

FWIW Geoff left the club over 5 years ago, and we've public accounts that show us slowly building up a reserve of cash.

Edited by RandomGuy.

7 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

260803-bells-cup-quarter-final-st-johnstone-v-brechin-city-cardboard-BJCXTM.jpg.cef431a8faf83bdb479b3dcdcadc7d8f.jpg.cc4104487133a154dd4a.jpg

You've got a 3 stand stadium and play in the Scottish third tier.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What "decades" are they? Hes been fairly open he only put money in once, to buy Billy Dodds, and then took it out with interest 6 months later when he was sold.

You really think a club being "bankrolled" by a millionaire supporter of the club would spend a decade mulling about mid-table in the second tier?

FWIW Geoff left the club over 5 years ago, and we've public accounts that show us slowly building up a reserve of cash.

It's the FFC thread, mate. Couldn't fucking care less.

Just now, badgerthewitness said:

It's the FFC thread, mate. Couldn't fucking care less.

Then why were you talking about Saints in here then 🤔

RandomGuy in calling for hauners in the St Johnstone thread. What a fucking wet wipe.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If anyone has some time to pass, we've currently got Falkirk fans in their League One thread claiming Geoff Brown "bankrolled us for decades".

Edited by Rugster

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

I love the sign at the rear of the stand, "NO SMOKING IN THE BLUE SEATED AREA", is that in case the cardboard "fans" catch fire?

23 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
49 minutes ago, Rugster said:
RandomGuy in calling for hauners in the St Johnstone thread. What a fucking wet wipe.

Nothing to worry about given their pathetic support

Indeed. Doubtless it will only be the real idiots that appear to back him up.

7 minutes ago, john1962 said:

Must be really shit when you’ve got to spend your time talking about he big teams. Do you go into the Lowland or Highland league?

Oh, there we go.

49 minutes ago, Rugster said:

So what is it you're doing with this post?...