The Falkirk FC Thread

Can see this farce ending in the next couple of weeks thankfully. As mentioned before a statement of ah well we all had good intentions, didnt quite work out, thanks to MC for his time and commitment. Who knows where we go from there after that though.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:
What's he saying?

Usual shite with the exception of adding in that hes under an NDA so can't say too much. Ironic considering he feels the need to reply to EVERYTHING.

Funnily enough he's happy to share a bit more info through DM

The BoD/MSG need to grow a set and tell him thanks but no thanks

Funnily enough he's happy to share a bit more info through DM
The BoD/MSG need to grow a set and tell him thanks but no thanks

He says f**k all on DM’s either of any substance apart from bitch about fans who don’t blow smoke up his arse.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Can see this farce ending in the next couple of weeks thankfully. As mentioned before a statement of ah well we all had good intentions, didnt quite work out, thanks to MC for his time and commitment. Who knows where we go from there after that though.

That’s the million dollar question here. Does the MSG have a plan in place if come Nov. 1, MC drops out/is tossed out? With no plan, it’ll be clear that FFC will not be able to do much in the Jan window, and any other team feeling lucky might decide to push their chips in, figuring that Ray and Falkirk will continue to stumble through the season. This whole MC fiasco might just be the music to which Falkirk danced its way into another season on League One, amazingly enough. I would have been shocked before the season started if I had been told that MC’s bid wouldn’t be resolved by the end of September...and now, a month and an half later, it still drags on.

He says f**k all on DM’s either of any substance apart from bitch about fans who don’t blow smoke up his arse.
Any examples of this? No names required obvs, but for the sake of some sort of twisted logic id like to get myself even more seething about this guy

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s the million dollar question here. Does the MSG have a plan in place if come Nov. 1, MC drops out/is tossed out? With no plan, it’ll be clear that FFC will not be able to do much in the Jan window, and any other team feeling lucky might decide to push their chips in, figuring that Ray and Falkirk will continue to stumble through the season. This whole MC fiasco might just be the music to which Falkirk danced its way into another season on League One, amazingly enough. I would have been shocked before the season started if I had been told that MC’s bid wouldn’t be resolved by the end of September...and now, a month and an half later, it still drags on.

There is no connection between the on field dross and off-field shambles. Zero. McKinnon was handed by a mile the largest budget in the division. He has assembled a squad that should be comfortably winning this league and brought in plenty of players he's worked with in the past. That he is unable to get them performing at any where close to their ability on any sort of consistent basis is squarely on his shoulders. He served up the same garbage in the final seven or games of last season which ultimately got us relegated. The fantasist wasn't even on the scene then. McKinnon has no excuses. If we "dance into another season in League One" it's because he's an incompetent manager. The complete dysfunction above has nothing to do with it. 

How would you know what we could or couldn’t do in January. Like him or loathe him we do have one extremely wealthy individual still involved and who is to say he won’t bankroll a January spend ?

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This whole buying a football club project must surely go a lot deeper than this MC character and his fantasy ramblings.

The club must find out who / what is behind this bid, I think this guy is little more than a front man.

Ideally they would tell MC and his backers to take their scheme elsewhere.

Utter shambles.

Why would you pick a front man with such a dubious history, low credibility & who constantly trips himself up with his contradictory statements.  

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Especially as his much vaunted Property Company in New York closed down in June/July.

That is surely the nail in the coffin of his credibility for even the staunchest smoke blower. Nothing about his background or motives checks out. Its slowly all been peeled back to reveal a guy who might or might not have the initial money to buy the shares, but after that, theres nothing there.

Is this not the reason Sunderland told him to GTF , albeit a lot sooner than us.

Close to a worst case scenario for FFC, as it would position the club to perhaps do nothing in the Jan window, and leave Ray in charge. Of course, it is possible that a MC takeover would be even worse! If the above is what happens, and the MSG doesn’t have an immediate plan, the outrage should be pretty impressive. It’s sometimes hard to imagine greater stumbles than those you have seen befall those persons or clubs close to you, but FFS this is an amazing performance by a Board. Certainly close to Top 10.

I could see this going the other way tbh. Whilst we are going through diligence and/or T and C’s, it’s unlikely that anyone is going to seek significant change.
Once it’s concluded I think McKinnon (snore), is more vulnerable, and if MC does bow out, I think the board will want to take swift action to get the fans back on board. That means appointing someone popular as manager as a distraction from the behind the scenes chaos....