The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Or you could do a St Johnstone and have massive 'Guess Who?' cards instead. 

260803-bells-cup-quarter-final-st-johnstone-v-brechin-city-cardboard-BJCXTM.jpg.cef431a8faf83bdb479b3dcdcadc7d8f.thumb.jpg.e4f28a1101dbd50fb4f61411bffd810a.jpg

I was trying to find this picture earlier on and gave up.....I even googled "St Johnstone Guess Who?"

Well done you.

Hilarious & embarrassing in equal hefty measures.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

First I have heard that, interesting. I believe he has still to prove where his money has come from.

Look he covered that at the original Q&A session.

It's all his own money which has come from:

1. Coffee - "There's a lot of money in coffee", Brooklyn Coffee is opening soon.
  2. Estate Agency sold a hotel in Manhattan - "It's been really hard keeping that a secret". Don't ask the name of it , or else the ex-wife will find out.  

I really cannot see what the MSG's problem is with that proof.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Look ya Fife mutant, your sister was telling me that with you having 6 fingers and a snake tongue your foreplay is fantastic, why not go back to givin' her a good seein' to and leave us here in peace?

Yer mum liked it too!

1 hour ago, Jason King said:

...and do these rooms in the main stand do conferences, weddings etc at this point?

If so it would be remarkably daft to build a new venue 100 yards away in competition. And the area at Falkirk for a 4th stand looks tiny for building a stand with all of your money making requirements plus seats.

The area is not tiny at all and the hospitality facilities in the main stand are rarely used outside match days.

The area is not tiny at all and the hospitality facilities in the main stand are rarely used outside match days.
Funny, I could have sworn I saw people playing football on astroturf just a few yards away from the Falkirk Stadium pitch as I drove past yesterday... and if the facilities aren't used that often outside matchdays now, why would a fourth stand suddenly be the place to go?

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Funny, I could have sworn I saw people playing football on astroturf just a few yards away from the Falkirk Stadium pitch as I drove past yesterday... and if the facilities aren't used that often outside matchdays now, why would a fourth stand suddenly be the place to go?

AIUI, the council keep the facilities for internal events - which are rare. They sit unused because the council don't try to lease them out. Falkirk FC have potential clients but the council won't let us use the facilities without paying a fee for them which makes the whole thing untenable. 

New facilities wholly owned by Falkirk FC would undoubtedly be an earner - the club have done really well maximising income from the assets they do have, from the pitch to advertising covering everything that doesn't move. 

ETA - as for the space available, I'm sure Barrats could fit 200 flats and a shopping centre into that space.

Edited by NewBornBairn

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
45 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Its more than a few yards away, easily enough space to build a stand.

16 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Apparently the hold up complication etc has all got to do with our benefactor SA wanting a guaranteed income for his gift that keeps on giving. (Ie the south stand )I don’t blame him though why would you hand a 5% income generator to MC unless it was at full price!

Good old “superfan” eh? Falkirk to the core...

No wonder the MSG aren’t in a hurry to budge, the Club is a very convenient cash cow for some of them. What a c**t! He can shove his “gift” up his arse. All the more reason to never step foot in the place until these charlatans f**k off.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:
Its more than a few yards away, easily enough space to build a stand.

Aye, I've seen some plans posted on this very thread. A wee stand. Not one with lots of corporate facilities, function suites and car parking right outside the door like the Main Stand has.

...plus adequate toilets, fire escapes, kitchen area etc etc

Any stand in that space would have tiny facilities unless they are going long and thin. Now for hiring rooms for conferences and org training sessions it may be suitable but unless you dig up that new pitch the stand is going to be miniscule

MC at it on Twitter again this evening.

Now, hopefully this year.

Had they picked the fans or Gow we could have been refreshed, resurgent and looking forward optimistically.

All we have is division, depression and pessimism.

Sickening.