The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Er, be thankful it’s just the club...we got an absolute nut job, Twitter freak leading the country! And since he's sure that driving on the wrong side happens, better check the fallout shelter before he lobs a nuke at Faslane ‘cause Boris pissed him off.

I think you should arm potential hit & run victims so they can shoot drivers that they think may run them over.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Am I the only one that's  scunnered just now?

3 week ago my mate said after our draw with East Fife that it didn't even hurt, last week we got a flash of the head lights first half but we got the full Ray 2nd half black out. A bit of acceptance is settling in, mainly cause the majority of it is out our hands.

This league feels like a challenge cup win, great to win it but you won't be drunk years later rejoicing winning it as in the top 10 or 20+ achievements you have done. 

Can we go lower ?

Failing to win the league is certainly lower. Making a c**t of it and getting relegated is one thing, failing to fix it despite holdong every conceivable advantage is quite another and would be grim as f**k.

It also looks a distinct possibility.

3 week ago my mate said after our draw with East Fife that it didn't even hurt, last week we got a flash of the head lights first half but we got the full Ray 2nd half black out. A bit of acceptance is settling in, mainly cause the majority of it is out our hands.
This league feels like a challenge cup win, great to win it but you won't be drunk years later rejoicing winning it as in the top 10 or 20+ achievements you have done. 
Can we go lower ?

5 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Soz if this has been covered above, but what's the craic with the closed door game this week? Who are we playing and can we get it up on FTV?

They were going up to St Andrews yesterday, so probably playing Dundee Utd reserves or youths who have a training base there. Not the first time we've played Utd in a closed-door game at SA in recent years. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They were going up to St Andrews yesterday, so probably playing Dundee Utd reserves or youths who have a training base there. Not the first time we've played Utd in a closed-door game at SA in recent years. 

Did we keep the unbeaten run going?

Can we go lower ?

Yip with the current muppets in charge we could become the next third lanark

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think you should arm potential hit & run victims so they can shoot drivers that they think may run them over.

Shit, we pretty much already have here in Texas...although it’s generally the cops that do the shooting of cars.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I saw it confirmed somewhere, probably the herald, that it was United. 

edit. It was. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/bairns-host-bounce-match-with-dundee-united-after-tunnock-s-challenge-cup-exit-1-5021568

Edited by Rugster

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

It's okay it's called the International Break. It is totally depressing and horrible but It will be over in just over a week.

Unfortunately we get another one in November then we get a break from the break.

Only ones that are happy just now are the fancy dress wearing Tartan Army hen party goons.

I’m personally enjoying the break from the absolute fucking gang we’ve been watching all season.

I wish the international break was longer.

17 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Soz if this has been covered above, but what's the craic with the closed door game this week? Who are we playing and can we get it up on FTV?

Nothing I have ever seen on FTV, especially this season, has made me get it up.

6 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

If you don’t follow them through the bad, how can you appreciate things in the good. I’m not being nasty here, just saying I’ve been at some massive low points over the last few years with the rovers but I’ve stuck by them regardless even when we had Barry smith at the helm

Oh we're still following them, in our thousands. But we're not bloody liking it.