The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's a media darling who speaks well and looks the part. Social media and chumps like Tam McManus are already spinning it as a "basket case" club. He'll walk into a Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen level club. 

Aye, I can see both Hibs & Hearts making moves on him. My money would be on Levein moving back upstairs to accommodate. 

I think (and again this purely own opinion) MC is a chancer.  
Lets say he isn't though.... What better statement of intent when coming in than lining up a bit of a coup for the managers position.

Its no more pie in the sky than any of the other shit he has spouted that he wants to do.

MC a chancer but let’s say he isn’t! Ehhhh? [emoji57]

30 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He's a media darling who speaks well and looks the part. Social media and chumps like Tam McManus are already spinning it as a "basket case" club. He'll walk into a Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen level club. 

I can't see his next gig being that high up, Dundee a possibility if it goes seriously Pete Tong there. He has track record championship but nothing above that

See Alan Johnston but league one

49 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Yes, I'd say that's likelier and given that both Edinburgh clubs are struggling, there's a good chance of such a job coming up - a better chance in fact, than there is of Falkirk having a vacancy.

I don't think however that too massive a leap is required to see someone like Falkirk as viable for him.

Yes, I'd say that's likelier and given that both Edinburgh clubs are struggling, there's a good chance of such a job coming up - a better chance in fact, than there is of Falkirk having a vacancy.
I don't think however that too massive a leap is required to see someone like Falkirk as viable for him.

Get real why on earth would jack want to manage in L1 . He was asked to put in an application when Houston got the job but wasn’t even given an interview . There is absolutely no love lost between jack and the current muppets in charge . Not a chance I’m afraid .
Falkirk are becoming a joke outfit bumbling from one calamity to another and it’s not lost on the football community . Personally I’m bored shitless with the current set up and like many Im beginning to lose interest .
The current team management and players are not going to win promotion that’s pretty clear. At least Raith have some young talent you would pay to watch . We have a bunch of hasbeens that couldn’t give a toss !

MC a chancer but let’s say he isn’t! Ehhhh? [emoji57]

Don’t be f—Ing Ridiculous MC ,s track record and background are about as bad as I can imagine . He’s either a complete nutter or a total scoundrel . Irrespective of whichever one he is I would trust him as far as I could throw him

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I can't see his next gig being that high up, Dundee a possibility if it goes seriously Pete Tong there. He has track record championship but nothing above that

See Alan Johnston but league one

:lol:

League 1 is miles above Scottish Championship level.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You do understand that it’s you who is drawn to the Falkirk flame don’t you? It’s you on the Falkirk thread....not even the match thread....just the Falkirk thread.

Yea, me too, but I came by a couple of months ago to read up on this MC character, and I’ve hung around for the car wrecks. Does anyone really believe any “quality” manager would come to Falkirk this year? I suppose, if you sold to MC, he then piled a mountain of £ notes in the center circle and then invited players and a manager to dive in, you might get a redone team and manager...but quality managers value one of two things; stability (nope) or opportunity (nope).

The BoD deserves to be drawn and quartered for what they are doing to Falkirk F.C. The fans are divided: yes, God, anyone but the MSG; no, Jesus, don’t sell to him but do sell; whatever, we’ll show up anyway. It’s this last group that, trooping to games like abused spouses, and giving the BoD their silver, that are enabling this shite to continue (see Newcastle F.C.).

Good luck, because I’m not sure that either God or the Devil is looking out for FFC right now, and this could drag on much longer.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

:lol:

League 1 is miles above Scottish Championship level.

Yep remind us how he did with the biggest budget and how it ended for him in league one.

His bank account will be bigger but his reputation has got smaller

8 hours ago, BudBairn said:

If MC wants to be accepted he needs to sign up Jack Ross as manager, DKD on a free and sign Craig Sibbald for 1m in January!

If we’re gonna do a bury let’s go down in style emoji29.png

This is nothing to do with MC or Falkirk FC but since you mentioned Bury.

It's really sad to see what can happen to a club when someone with no previous links to a club comes in promising the earth & is handed full control. I really did not think we would get back to that scenario where we have one man running things, and are effectively his plaything.

Yea, me too, but I came by a couple of months ago to read up on this MC character, and I’ve hung around for the car wrecks. Does anyone really believe any “quality” manager would come to Falkirk this year? I suppose, if you sold to MC, he then piled a mountain of £ notes in the center circle and then invited players and a manager to dive in, you might get a redone team and manager...but quality managers value one of two things; stability (nope) or opportunity (nope).
The BoD deserves to be drawn and quartered for what they are doing to Falkirk F.C. The fans are divided: yes, God, anyone but the MSG; no, Jesus, don’t sell to him but do sell; whatever, we’ll show up anyway. It’s this last group that, trooping to games like abused spouses, and giving the BoD their silver, that are enabling this shite to continue (see Newcastle F.C.).
Good luck, because I’m not sure that either God or the Devil is looking out for FFC right now, and this could drag on much longer.
Speaking hypothetically for the benefit of people who dont understand that here....

A decent manager is, IMO more likely to come under MC than the current lot. This dirty washing is largely being aired among the Falkirk support. Outwardly, if he succeeds then the public face of it is here this guy who wants to build the team, the stadium, hotels etc etc and the footballing credibility comes from John Park. .

Now some managers wont want to work under someone like Park probably, but plenty will as they will belive he can help carry them to something better at an underachieving club. All anyone has to do is get us out of this league and compete in the one above to be the guy who steadied a sinking ship. Its probably a decent risk/reward ratio for a manager immediately after change of ownership.

Also, it bears reiterating that we dont need to get someone like Jack Ross to get an upgrade on Ray

As has been said we haven’t a hope in hell in getting Ross. Some media outlets were touting him as an outsider for the Scotland job not so long ago once McLeish was sacked. I wouldn’t be surprised if another English League 1/2 side take a punt with him if not he will head home to Hibs/Hearts/St Johnstone.

Such is the paucity of the pool of managers, Ross will walk into another job before the ink is dry on his P45.

Is there any other industry where this happens?

Some managers are serial failures, yet when they get emptied for doing a poor job at one club so many others are queueing up to get their signature!

7 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Such is the paucity of the pool of managers, Ross will walk into another job before the ink is dry on his P45.

Is there any other industry where this happens?

Some managers are serial failures, yet when they get emptied for doing a poor job at one club so many others are queueing up to get their signature!

I think a lot of clubs will look at the Sunderland situation though and see he was up against it from day one there.  Huge club with a massive fan base but the budget available doesnt match that in terms of league one.  The last few years its been costing them millions to get rid of players on utterly ridiculous wages.  When you then add in FFP then his budget has been strangled to far less than it should be for a club their size. Some of his signings have been disappointing but then I always question a Scottish manager going down to that level in England. I mean what previous knowledge of those leagues would he have had before going there? He wasnt a disaster at Sunderland he just didnt quite meet the standards they were looking for and the bod their obviously panicked about the fears of a third season down in league one.He'll likely end up at Hearts or Hibs and do a great job back in what could be seen more as his comfort zone.  He certainly had a far harder job than Mckinnon who has no real budget restrictions at this level and yet is in a similar situation. Unfortunately he is still in a job.