The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Trump said:

Would be majorly disappointed if this didn’t happen tbh. Jack Ross would be an excellent addition, we are a sleeping giant and I’m sure as ex player he would have no issue coming to us in league one to get us back to the top flight.

“Shouts began a few weeks back at Bolton, when chants of “You don’t know what you’re doing” combined with elements of the fanbase joining in with Bolton fans’ chorus of “You’re getting sacked in the morning””

Sounds like the perfect replacement for Ray. But, seriously, would any manager want to come into Falkirk under the current conditions. A fan base in revolt, a management structure that is tottering (and possibly about to be sold to a guy with a questionable track record) and a team that simply doesn’t seem to mesh? Even with the January window coming to reshape the team, wouldn’t you expect any manager incoming to prefer at arrive at the end of the year to have time to build and shape the team over the summer?

“Shouts began a few weeks back at Bolton, when chants of “You don’t know what you’re doing” combined with elements of the fanbase joining in with Bolton fans’ chorus of “You’re getting sacked in the morning””
Sounds like the perfect replacement for Ray. But, seriously, would any manager want to come into Falkirk under the current conditions. A fan base in revolt, a management structure that is tottering (and possibly about to be sold to a guy with a questionable track record) and a team that simply doesn’t seem to mesh? Even with the January window coming to reshape the team, wouldn’t you expect any manager incoming to prefer at arrive at the end of the year to have time to build and shape the team over the summer?
Jack Ross coming in is a bit of a wild shout, but speaking hypothetically the only way it even gets discussed is if MC takes over. He could be tapping Ross up now, and Ross could lay out the terms and strike himself a favourable deal to protect himself against our habit of clusterfucking everything.

58 minutes ago, Trump said:

Would be majorly disappointed if this didn’t happen tbh. Jack Ross would be an excellent addition, we are a sleeping giant and I’m sure as ex player he would have no issue coming to us in league one to get us back to the top flight.

😂 😄 Well done. That's the best one yet. 

On a slightly different note, the offical website seems to have been down for quite some time.

Any conspiracy theories around this?

You got it linked as a bookmark or some such on a tablet? I thought it was down too, as for days, I got “the server stopped responding” message.

Eventually, tried linking the site via Google search, and got in no problem. Saved as a bookmark, and it works fine. Tried my original bookmark, and it failed, so just deleted it. You might have the same issue.

The Jack Ross patter is wild nonsense.
The pars are having the same crazy discussion on their thread, surely not happening either.
In the event that he returns to Scottish football Hibs would be the obvious shout.
It is, but theres 2 weeks till the next game.

We need wild shouts.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The Jack Ross patter is wild nonsense.

The pars are having the same crazy discussion on their thread, surely not happening either.

In the event that he returns to Scottish football Hibs would be the obvious shout.

A touch of wild in my comment but I don't see it being that wild to get him.

His stock needs a rebuild, he has really one good full season on his CV after a season and a bit spending millions and being the club with the biggest budget and resulting in failure.

I am pretty sure he won't be jumping into the fire again straight away but he would see this as a decent rebuild for him in a league he knows at a club he knows.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A touch of wild in my comment but I don't see it being that wild to get him.

His stock needs a rebuild, he has really one good full season on his CV after a season and a bit spending millions and being the club with the biggest budget and resulting in failure.

I am pretty sure he won't be jumping into the fire again straight away but he would see this as a decent rebuild for him in a league he knows at a club he knows.

No doubt Jack Ross  would be wonderful choice but we are not in the market for a manager.

Now before everybody gets on their high horse !

The club will not punt McKinnon while the ownership issue is ongoing.

Apart from that no manager of a standard we would want would be interested for the same reason.

No doubt Jack Ross  would be wonderful choice but we are not in the market for a manager.

Now before everybody gets on their high horse !

The club will not punt McKinnon while the ownership issue is ongoing.

Apart from that no manager of a standard we would want would be interested for the same reason.

I think (and again this purely own opinion) MC is a chancer.

Lets say he isn't though.... What better statement of intent when coming in than lining up a bit of a coup for the managers position.

Its no more pie in the sky than any of the other shit he has spouted that he wants to do.

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Jose mourinho been out the game for a while. Maybe you's can give him a gig as Jack Ross's assistant? 

Don't think Mourinho would come as assistant as he likes to be top dog. Whether we could attract him as manager is probably unlikely I think but, don't ask, don't get.

34 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You got it linked as a bookmark or some such on a tablet? I thought it was down too, as for days, I got “the server stopped responding” message.

Eventually, tried linking the site via Google search, and got in no problem. Saved as a bookmark, and it works fine. Tried my original bookmark, and it failed, so just deleted it. You might have the same issue.

Odd, I tried that, didn't work, so I edited my URL shortcuts to use HTTPS and now they are working.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think Mourinho would come as assistant as he likes to be top dog. Whether we could attract him as manager is probably unlikely I think but, don't ask, don't get.

Aye ok pal because it's all just a wind up and none of you are actually sitting there all excited at the prospect of Jack Ross being the next Falkirk manager. 🤣 Crackpots