The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

That's a fairly ludicrous point though. Being there or thereabouts, or right in the hunt is absolute failure for us.

Nothing less than winning this league convincingly, and I mean very convincingly, is remotely acceptable. 

He's already failing. Big time.

That's in the eyes of the supporters. Do the board and MSG see it the same way? Possibly not. So despite being given a budget to be looking to win the league, maybe being "competitive", "up there" "in and about it" or whatever is actually Ray meeting expectations. I just cannot see any hard questions being asked of him in the boardroom whilst their focus clearly lies elsewhere. Who would even be asking the questions? As long as this takeover drags on we are something of a rudderless ship and I doubt McKinnon has much to fear. He'll be hoping it rumbles on all season. 

McKinnon's "Plan" is on track as it is to win the league in the last minute of the last game with the last touch of the ball. In between now and that touch he is prepared to do absolutely anything to remain unbeaten and bore us all to death whilst the frustration levels rise game by game!! His pre season plan should have been to go all out attack and entertain with a view to winning this league by a double figures points margin, and a record number of goals scored. Should we win it by a lesser points margin not one of us would give a shit if we are being entertained week after week. However, in Ray's eyes, half a dozen victorious weeks with the a blip defeat in week seven is not good on his "Unbeaten run CV". Prepare to be frustrated as he will never be an entertainer.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

That's a fairly ludicrous point though. Being there or thereabouts, or right in the hunt is absolute failure for us.

Nothing less than winning this league convincingly, and I mean very convincingly, is remotely acceptable. 

He's already failing. Big time.

Dearie, dearie, me!

Folk don't have to wonder why some Falkirk fans are viewed as arrogant Billy Big Baws. 

You're in among the seawashed flotsam and jetsam of Scottish fitba' on merit and it's a tough tough gig to get above the tideline and off the beach. No team has a given right to this. Poetic justice if you're beached here for a season or two.

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, embow said:

Dearie, dearie, me!

Folk don't have to wonder why some Falkirk fans are viewed as arrogant Billy Big Baws. 

You're in among the seawashed flotsam and jetsam of Scottish fitba' on merit and it's a tough tough gig to get above the tideline and off the beach. No team has a given right to this. Poetic justice if you're beached here for a season or two.

How many full time teams are in this league? How many teams have the budget that Falkirk do?

Of course we should be winning the league convincingly. 

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How many full time teams are in this league? How many teams have the budget that Falkirk do?

Full time does NOT guarantee success.

Ayr Utd, Arbroath to take the last two seasons, despite Raith having a bigger budget than others in the league. Albeit we blew it big time in last game of season against Alloa to let Ayr up two years ago. Then MacKinnon decided talks with Dundee Utd were more important than paying attention to an all important play off game.  Arbroath's were relentless and carved out results because they were a well managed team of part time journeymen. The clue to both these teams  titles was the management of them.

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, embow said:

Full time does NOT guarantee success.

Ayr Utd, Arbroath to take the last two seasons, despite Raith having a bigger budget than others in the league. Albeit we blew it big time in last game of season against Alloa to let Ayr up two years ago. Then MacKinnon decided talks with Dundee Utd were more important than paying attention to an all important play off game.  Arbroath's were relentless and carved out results because they were a well managed team of part time journeymen. The clue to both these teams  titles was the management of them.

Yep exactly. If Falkirk were managed correctly do you think we should win the league? 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought when Tidser went off we lost all our shape and control of the game. McShane is an imposter.

I said a year ago when I first clapped eyes on him that McShane was absolute dross, he looked terrible even in Hartley's team and he's still there.   

I said a year ago when I first clapped eyes on him that McShane was absolute dross, he looked terrible even in Hartley's team and he's still there.   

Not true. I think his first game was the win down at Somerset Park and he looked a class act that day.
He’s had a few moments since but I agree he hasn’t been as good as it looked like he would be....

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

I think Falkirk have assembled the best group of players in the league. That alone may well be enough. 

However I think Rovers are a better "team" in that I think there's more cohesion and structure. Falkirk looked in both games so far like 11 good footballers cobbled together. In the first half yesterday, that was easily good enough to be 2 and should have been 3 up. However looked absolutely lost once a wee bit of pressure was applied in that second half. 

Very much like our first season under Barry Smith here. However I think the quality of guys like Sammon will get you over the line albeit maybe in an unconvincing manner. His goal yesterday was sublime. 

Could be a good title race though, I enjoyed the game yesterday in terms of excitement and both teams were committed. 

However, I remember being 4 points off Arbroath this time last season and expecting us to kick on at some point. Needless to say it never happened. 

Edited by CALDERON

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I think Falkirk have assembled the best group of players in the league. That alone may well be enough. 

However I think Rovers are a better "team" in that I think there's more cohesion and structure. Falkirk looked in both games so far like 11 good footballers cobbled together. In the first half yesterday, that was easily good enough to be 2 and should have been 3 up. However looked absolutely lost once a wee bit of pressure was applied. 

Very much like our first season under Barry Smith here. However I think the quality of guys like Sammon will get you over the line albeit maybe in an unconvincing manner. His goal yesterday was sublime. 

Could be a good title race though, I enjoyed the game yesterday in terms of excitement and both teams were committed. 

Spot on!

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Guess what? If you go out and buy a new team every six months or so that’s what you are going to get. No cohesion.
Board/Hartley strategy absolutely fucked us....

They've had long enough now in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not true. I think his first game was the win down at Somerset Park and he looked a class act that day.
He’s had a few moments since but I agree he hasn’t been as good as it looked like he would be....

A class act? Russell Latapy was a class act. Not that guy, not ever.

I know standards have plummeted but please.  

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

However I think Rovers are a better "team" in that I think there's more cohesion and structure. Falkirk looked in both games so far like 11 good footballers cobbled together. In the first half yesterday, that was easily good enough to be 2 and should have been 3 up. However looked absolutely lost once a wee bit of pressure was applied in that second half. 

However, I remember being 4 points off Arbroath this time last season and expecting us to kick on at some point. Needless to say it never happened. 

Totally agree.

Conversely, Falkirk are in a similar position to where we were re; Arbroath and last season!! Will they take the same view, "aye, we'll catch them,nae bother"  

What pleases me is that no Raith fans, so far, are daftly claiming we are over the line!!

12 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Totally agree.

Conversely, Falkirk are in a similar position to where we were re; Arbroath and last season!! Will they take the same view, "aye, we'll catch them,nae bother"  

What pleases me is that no Raith fans, so far, are daftly claiming we are over the line!!

Aye cos you’re 2 points ahead in October you total weirdo 

4 wins from 9 isn’t good enough, whether we’ve only lost once or not. One of the main reasons we’re in this diddy league is because of the amount of draws we had last season once McKinnon assembled a team in January. Low and behold he has his own team fully now and we’re still drawing too many.

We’ve played everyone once now and if you base current form and take that over the next 3 quarters we won’t win the league, which is a priority.

23 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Aye cos you’re 2 points ahead  OF EAST FIFE in October you total weirdo 

FIFY!1

Ah, the logic and rationale of a FFC fan, read the post man.

You took it completely out of context. 

Pit the buckfast doon!! 😂😂

PS I was talking about FFC, not East Fife.....ya moron!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

Ray was in the paper saying that xmas is the time to look at the league, and I suspect he is pointing this out to the MSG. Yes, we are not where we want to be but Ray can spin it to them that we are only 3pts off the top and we are still a new team etc.

I think Ray will see out his contract unless MC comes in and sends him on his way, which I can't see happening.

Whether we stagger over the winning line or not, we cannot have Ray as our manager next season. As we have seen, he is out of his depth in the Championship (he may be out of his depth in L1), and unfortunately so are quite a few of our players.

If we do go up, as well as a new manager we probably need yet another new group of players (we also need a new pitch). 

Whoever is in charge of the boardroom at that time will need to invest a substantial amount of money to make us into a team capable of even finishing top four in the Championship.