The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I see where you are coming from. But if the MSG remain in place then it will be because they have presided over the most monumental of all f**k ups having failed to get their preferred bidder over the line in the most humiliating fashion.

Can they afford to leave the football side in the nick its in, if that scenario comes to pass?

As pointed out though, the nick of the football can be spun as fairly reasonable.

The reality is that you should be better placed given the squad assembled and the League you're in.  However, the team is still close to the top and likely to get there.   I think it would require a danger of missing out on play-offs (which is virtually impossible) for change to become inevitable.  

McKinnon will remain in place, and very probably win the League.  It won't represent any great achievement, but will serve to keep him there a while.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Club in crisis and you're in tears over me asking if you'd watched the game today. Murder.

McKinnon's interview tonight was the worst yet. Ticked every box on the bingo card. Him and Durnan can away and take running fucks to themselves.

Drama Queen 

Anyone else really worried about the fitness of that team? Almost every single game we’re fucked after 60 - fitness staff (do we have that or is that all Ray and Darren Taylor) need to take a look at themselves. Only full time team, should be a massive advantage but it’s the exact opposite atm. What a fucking riddy, almost every Saturday night left with complete frustration atm 

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Anyone else really worried about the fitness of that team? Almost every single game we’re fucked after 60 - fitness staff (do we have that or is that all Ray and Darren Taylor) need to take a look at themselves. Only full time team, should be a massive advantage but it’s the exact opposite atm. What a fucking riddy, almost every Saturday night left with complete frustration atm 

He have a sports science guy who came with RM and DT from Morton.

23 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

See if I was a manager I honestly don't think I'd have the brass neck to talk so much pish in a post match interview. Fucking insult to fans.

Yer man MacKinnon is in total denial. 

Everything is fine. But yet he has a haunted look about him.

Iceberg? What iceberg?

“We came here today and showed we can compete, no problem”. Holy Jesus Aitch Christ.

As manager of Falkirk, he has played clubs he used to manage (DU, Morton and Raith Rovers) a total of 10 times, and hasn’t won a single game.

The man is a complete and utter liability. I genuinely believe that every single manager in this league who could equal or better what he has done with this group of players.

You can see it in his eyes that he is done. I don’t think even he buys into the stuff he is coming out with.

Again.....”we came here and showed we can compete no problem”.

He deserves to go for that sentence alone.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought when Tidser went off we lost all our shape and control of the game. McShane is an imposter.

Completely agree, thought Tidser controlled the tempo really well and gave Gomis and Telfer a bit of freedom to get forward. He's much more tenacious than I expected. Did well to commit the defender for Sammon's goal too.

McShane reminds me of Kevin McBride. Within five minutes of coming on he looked like the most knackered player on the park. Just a plodding non-entity.

Anyone heard anything about the McManus/McKinnon tiff?

There was a wee line in Rays interview re Tidser, where he mentioned his fitness but then he said something about "he's not played for a while for other reasons" or something along those lines.

Not really giving f**k what the reasons are tbh but it doesn't really give off a harmonius vibe. On the flip side maybe we are going to slowly start getting what we are paying for from Tidser.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Apart from the period when ML and CC were calling the shots, our BOD / MSG have never been decisive in removing managers. I' be very surprised if that changed.

For all the negatives about performances and winning only four in nine, there's another way of looking at McKinnons stats this season. Namely that he's lost just once, has us only three points off the top of the table and that we're still very, very much in contention to win the league. It could be argued that he was only twelve minutes away from BEING top of the league after the first quarter.

I'm not defending (or attacking) him by the way - I'm simply pointing out how I think his performance will be viewed by the current board IF the takeover collapses.

There's also the fact that we've bulleted two managers in two years during Autumn and in neither case has it worked out well. Or been cheap. We no longer have a war chest for payoffs or for changing the team midway through the season, as a potential new manager might want to do.

Unless our form collapses I don't think there's any danger of management change. As long as we're in contention I suspect McKinnon will be in charge until the end of the season. 

That's a fairly ludicrous point though. Being there or thereabouts, or right in the hunt is absolute failure for us.

Nothing less than winning this league convincingly, and I mean very convincingly, is remotely acceptable. 

He's already failing. Big time.

Completely agree, thought Tidser controlled the tempo really well and gave Gomis and Telfer a bit of freedom to get forward. He's much more tenacious than I expected. Did well to commit the defender for Sammon's goal too.
McShane reminds me of Kevin McBride. Within five minutes of coming on he looked like the most knackered player on the park. Just a plodding non-entity.
Anyone heard anything about the McManus/McKinnon tiff?

He was stripped to come on & then Gomis pulled up so was told to sit back down. However I had heard there has been talks between Tidser/McManus and RM over game time so this won’t have helped that tension yesterday.

McMillan did well yesterday but tired after an hour so was surprised McManus didn’t come on much earlier.

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

He was stripped to come on & then Gomis pulled up so was told to sit back down. However I had heard there has been talks between Tidser/McManus and RM over game time so this won’t have helped that tension yesterday.

McMillan did well yesterday but tired after an hour so was surprised McManus didn’t come on much earlier.

McManus hasn't been left out much though? Tidser, well who knows what Ray meant in his interview yesterday.... McManus , Sammon and McMillan are going to have to accept some rotation though. 

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

Yes it was blindingly obvious that McManus had to come on for McMillan, who looked knackered. McManus would've chased lost causes and pinned them back a bit more. McKinnon post match said he was going to take Sammon off for McManus 😂

Saw McManus launching his top off in a rage and then it looked like there were some words between him and McKinnon.

McMillan has scored goals in the Champions League and Europa League and has been top scorer in the Irish league a couple of times I believe. Sammon has played (and scored?) in the EPL, has certainly scored goals in our top flight and the English Championship and is a full international. McManus was a starter for the Championship winning team last season and has been the top scorer in this league before. McKinnon has had us drawing a blank in 4 of 9 league games with only 4 wins from 9! Horrific.