The Falkirk FC Thread

McKinnon talking about competing with Raith, f**k me this league is depressing!

It will take you guys many years to get back up. Take for example when we win promotion next year, another decent championship team will come down. If you still have McKinnon at the helm then the hamster wheel will continue. No disrespect intended but you boys will be around for a bit down here

3 goals since coming here ,all that counts, plus his assists,  thanks for letting him go [emoji846]
Everyone wanted O'hara to come good for us and tbh he got more chances to prove himself than a lot of young players get. It just never happened for him. Every time he got a chance he could never recreate his early promise.

To be honest, Falkirk gave him more chances than he probably deserved harsh though that may sound. Maybe he will go on to do well in the Championship but I have my doubts.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Everyone wanted O'hara to come good for us and tbh he got more chances to prove himself than a lot of young players get. It just never happened for him. Every time he got a chance he could never recreate his early promise.

To be honest, Falkirk gave him more chances than he probably deserved harsh though that may sound. Maybe he will go on to do well in the Championship but I have my doubts.

He is doing well so far,  100% effort , maybe the change did him good .

He is doing well so far,  100% effort , maybe the change did him good .
He never gave less than 100%. The common opinion was "if he gets that couple of league goals hel come good". He fucking tortured Rangers one day and did everything but score. It didnt happen though and his performances became less and less effective. He wasnt able to influence games at all in the end. Shame really.

Also, his maws a wid.

Guest Ecosse83
15 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

It will take you guys many years to get back up. Take for example when we win promotion next year, another decent championship team will come down. If you still have McKinnon at the helm then the hamster wheel will continue. No disrespect intended but you boys will be around for a bit down here

🤣👍

48 minutes ago, Russ said:

Does he mention being 4 games undefeated?

It’ll be fired straight on onto his linked in I’d imagine.

Surprisingly no...though he did offer this deep insight:

In response to a question on the formation change by Raith, it was no factor, “...right up until 60 minutes we were very comfortable...”

Followed by “...small margins and small details...if we just stand up and we stay on our feet and don’t give away a free kick...”, which he characterized as the reason for both goals...”small margins and small details...”

Seemed just fine with the tie overall...”it’s a tough place to play.”

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know. He is very strange towards me though and I am being genuine when I say I have no idea why. Probably a bit of trolling, f**k knows really. His outburst today is the strangest one yet though. Sure he'll sleep it off. 

There’s definitely something going on there. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:
1 minute ago, Rugster said:
There’s definitely something going on there. 

You still like me tho..... Dont you?

Yes of course. Afraid of saying anything in case marshy accuses me of going for dots, but he’s definitely obsessed with you for some reason x

Club in crisis and you're in tears over me asking if you'd watched the game today. Murder.
McKinnon's interview tonight was the worst yet. Ticked every box on the bingo card. Him and Durnan can away and take running fucks to themselves.

Not what happened, but since you have calmed down and this post is 2 for 2 on people who I also think should f**k off I will happily leave it there.

Have watched the last 2 games on FFC TV as on holiday and what strikes me about McKinnon is his lack of tactical ability to change things. His substitutions are always like for like and his changes rarely influence the flow of the game.

I wanted rid of him at the end of last season and nothing I have seen in the East Fife game or today has changed that. I do think we have a squad capable of winning this league but not under McKinnon.

Its hard to see Ray keeping his job to me.

The MSG havent baghed him so far due to the clusterfuck of his appointment, and also the possibility of sale. If the sale doesn't come off then the MSG are going be under some fucking heat. If they don't act to appease the fans and get us out this league the atmosphere is going to go beyond toxic. If they need to throw money at it in January, surely they won't trust him with it?

If MC comes in, I expect him to be ruthless and empty him pretty quick. Its not his humiliation if he sacks Ray.

The only way Ray keeps his job for me is if the MSG remain in place AND we go on a run to January that convinces MSG that they dont need to throw money in to get us up. That's just not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The only way Ray keeps his job for me is if the MSG remain in place AND we go on a run to January that convinces MSG that they dont need to throw money in to get us up. That's just not going to happen.

Apart from the period when ML and CC were calling the shots, our BOD / MSG have never been decisive in removing managers. I' be very surprised if that changed.

For all the negatives about performances and winning only four in nine, there's another way of looking at McKinnons stats this season. Namely that he's lost just once, has us only three points off the top of the table and that we're still very, very much in contention to win the league. It could be argued that he was only twelve minutes away from BEING top of the league after the first quarter.

I'm not defending (or attacking) him by the way - I'm simply pointing out how I think his performance will be viewed by the current board IF the takeover collapses.

There's also the fact that we've bulleted two managers in two years during Autumn and in neither case has it worked out well. Or been cheap. We no longer have a war chest for payoffs or for changing the team midway through the season, as a potential new manager might want to do.

Unless our form collapses I don't think there's any danger of management change. As long as we're in contention I suspect McKinnon will be in charge until the end of the season. 

Apart from the period when ML and CC were calling the shots, our BOD / MSG have never been decisive in removing managers. I' be very surprised if that changed.
For all the negatives about performances and winning only four in nine, there's another way of looking at McKinnons stats this season. Namely that he's lost just once, has us only three points off the top of the table and that we're still very, very much in contention to win the league. It could be argued that he was only twelve minutes away from BEING top of the league after the first quarter.
I'm not defending (or attacking) him by the way - I'm simply pointing out how I think his performance will be viewed by the current board IF the takeover collapses.
There's also the fact that we've bulleted two managers in two years during Autumn and in neither case has it worked out well. Or been cheap. We no longer have a war chest for payoffs or for changing the team midway through the season, as a potential new manager might want to do.
Unless our form collapses I don't think there's any danger of management change. As long as we're in contention I suspect McKinnon will be in charge until the end of the season. 

I see where you are coming from. But if the MSG remain in place then it will be because they have presided over the most monumental of all f**k ups having failed to get their preferred bidder over the line in the most humiliating fashion.

Can they afford to leave the football side in the nick its in, if that scenario comes to pass?