The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Na, I said back to sitting on the fence, the last reply was very much back on the fence, cmon deleting your own quotes cause it didn't suit your points made

I'm grateful I know no one who backs the current MSG, but I'll donate if they have charities sponsoring them....surely will have

Deleting quotes? 

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

But you (wrongly) answered it as if he already had total control, and none of us sensible 1% want that.   

He can't prove himself until he gets control, and has been in charge long enough for us to judge him on his actions rather than his words. As I subsequently explained in response to another poster.

I'm not sure what's wrong with that. :wacko:

Ok so let’s look at this

MC gets preferred bidder status at the expense of BtB

The club arrange a meet the fans, most happy except for a few with a vested interest

DD commences

Suddenly a series of stories are leaked to the press with prominent supporters of BtB doing everything they can to discredit MC

All the while MC passes all DD checks both legal
And financial

But still the stories which all seem to be
historic still continue to be promoted from within certain circles

If the guy is a serial entrepreneur then he will have failures that’s kind of how it works

MC deserved a fair chance to prove his worth either way and from what I see he hasn’t been given that chance

what if he does have this money, what if he has every ability to deliver the things he’s promised? Fans have demanded change at the club for years and when they finally get a chance a few decide because they’ve spat the dummy to do everything they can to make sure it’s stopped. Could the club be about to walk away from potentially the best thing that could have happened in our modern era?

Fair?

Has he had any successful former businesses to show us that he have a good track record?.

11 minutes ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

Ok so let’s look at this

MC gets preferred bidder status at the expense of BtB

The club arrange a meet the fans, most happy except for a few with a vested interest

DD commences

Suddenly a series of stories are leaked to the press with prominent supporters of BtB doing everything they can to discredit MC

All the while MC passes all DD checks both legal
And financial

But still the stories which all seem to be
historic still continue to be promoted from within certain circles

If the guy is a serial entrepreneur then he will have failures that’s kind of how it works

MC deserved a fair chance to prove his worth either way and from what I see he hasn’t been given that chance

what if he does have this money, what if he has every ability to deliver the things he’s promised? Fans have demanded change at the club for years and when they finally get a chance a few decide because they’ve spat the dummy to do everything they can to make sure it’s stopped. Could the club be about to walk away from potentially the best thing that could have happened in our modern era?

Fair?

Part of the problem is that any prior info regarding this guy is negative. 

Personally I'd love for this guy to be the real deal but from the info available it doesn't look that way.  From being declared bankrupt to then being able to spend "£20m of his own money", in the space of 9 years just doesn't add up.

Has he had any successful former businesses to show us that he have a good track record?.

If DD has been passed then he will have had to have shown his finances and available cash for the purchase.
Does he need to have a successful business to have the cash?

If I won euro millions on Friday would you turn me away? I’ve never run a business in my life!

Fourth stand, why does this guy deserve a chance with OUR club? What in the past makes you think he will be successful (for the first time in his entrepreneurial career from what I can see) at our club? He is dangerous. If he gets it wrong - as his track record suggests is his thing - the results could be catastrophic. Why on earth does he deserve any sort of “chance” with us?

8 minutes ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

If DD has been passed then he will have had to have shown his finances and available cash for the purchase.

The problem being for most clued up Falkirk fans is that it looks like his "finances and available cash" are Craig Whiteesque and the guy shouldn't be anywhere near running a football club.

Fourth stand, why does this guy deserve a chance with OUR club? What in the past makes you think he will be successful (for the first time in his entrepreneurial career from what I can see) at our club? He is dangerous. If he gets it wrong - as his track record suggests is his thing - the results could be catastrophic. Why on earth does he deserve any sort of “chance” with us?
Because the people who feed him his opinion have instructed him to think that. Pretty obvious when everything he has posted following on from his pishy wee "newbie" post is either some sort of ITK pish about the deal, or digs at BtB for having the temerity to go back to acting like supporters once it became clear the board were wasting their time.

Basically, the board and the MSG want us to shut up and eat our cereal. This guy likes cereal.

20 minutes ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

If I won euro millions on Friday would you turn me away? I’ve never run a business in my life!

Given that all the available evidence points to MC having a very patchy business history at a modest level where is his money coming from?

10 minutes ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

It would depend on what you wanted in return for those millions.

If the answer was complete control then I'd want you to pass stringent vetting first. 

Anyone who objects to that - or fans getting involved in it - should not be anywhere near a club. 

1 hour ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

Are you for real? How else do people generally acquire cash and wealth if not through business and employment? Or has he won the lottery? Got lucky with a couple of Nigerian Prince emails? And if a few failed businesses are par for the course for this "serial entrepreneur" let's hear some of his success stories. I'll settle for one. Of course, there aren't any.

20 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

To be fair on that part you would think we would be used to that by now as our current MSG have consistently got it wrong, it would be just like the current lot are in charge again.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

To be fair on that part you would think we would be used to that by now as our current MSG have consistently got it wrong, it would be just like the current lot are in charge again.

It would be far, far worse 

Guest Ecosse83

Ooft the state of this thread. MC trying way too hard now, not only is he on twitter spouting shit he is now on here spouting it. 

Let's just hope Fourthstand never gets hold of the club. If he does then we better get the money buckets ready!!

In all of this given our past with the Deans and Fulston and liquidation before none of us want to revisit that which is the biggest concern for most us us i hope to f**k this guy is the real deal but every little article that has been dug up on this guy so far has alarm bells ringing and saying steer the f**k away from him.

The only thing that he can prove himself with is given time but how long did it take for Fulston and Deans to be found out by that time its too late and the damage is pretty much done.

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Replace soft loans with hard loans !!

MC will pass DD or already has, I'm kinda hoping the hold up is safe guards of some sort that the current MSG are trying to put in place but that would mean they have done something right !!

Wor Ray will be hoping the talks go on till May tho

In all of this given our past with the Deans and Fulston and liquidation before none of us want to revisit that which is the biggest concern for most us us i hope to f**k this guy is the real deal but every little article that has been dug up on this guy so far has alarm bells ringing and saying steer the f**k away from him.

The only thing that he can prove himself with is given time but how long did it take for Fulston and Deans to be found out by that time its too late and the damage is pretty much done.

He’s buying a club with no assets as far as I can see, what would he be able to borrow against?

My point is that he deserves a fair chance to prove it either way and it doesn’t seem that some are willing to give him that.

At the end of the day it’s up to the MSG to decide if they want to sell or not, we can all have opinions but we can’t stop it or promote.