The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

There must be some reason as I refuse to believe that League Two in England is a lower standard than the Scottish Championship.

Remember that Welsh pub team beat us...…...and Kilmarnock!!  

Everything ran for that Welsh pub team; they regularly get home draws against our bottom tier sides, struggled to beat Edinburgh City on penalties and were outplayed for long spells by Cove Rangers recently. I remember when the beat Falkirk last year - Falkirk were in freefall at the time and still dominated the match. They were completely outclassed by Ross County once they were sussed.  The Killie result was a freak. CQN play anti football and are hard to score against, but they'd struggle in our division IMO.
I saw the Kelty play Solihull who are a full time team who were nearly promoted to the English 2nd Division. Kelty should have  won, but tired towards the end and went out on penalties. 

53 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
54 minutes ago, Rugster said:
They want to be "friends" with a "millionaire" I guess. 

Tremendous scenes when his twitter goes private

Why would he bother? His account “appears” in mid-2018, and has a few vacation show off complaints thru 2 Jan 2019....then lies dormant till Jun and catches fire. I would assume a bit of that dead spot is Sunderland tweets since deleted, but nothing about the account says anything other than opportune marketing. You don’t make a bit for a football team without some thought and planning...and about 10 months before you go public seems a bit long, but you have to allow for the Sunderland fiasco too.

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Everything ran for that Welsh pub team; they regularly get home draws against our bottom tier sides, struggled to beat Edinburgh City on penalties and were outplayed for long spells by Cove Rangers recently. I remember when the beat Falkirk last year - Falkirk were in freefall at the time and still dominated the match. They were completely outclassed by Ross County once they were sussed.  The Killie result was a freak. CQN play anti football and are hard to score against, but they'd struggle in our division IMO.
I saw the Kelty play Solihull who are a full time team who were nearly promoted to the English 2nd Division. Kelty should have  won, but tired towards the end and went out on penalties. 

I've seen a few National League and English League 2 games over the last few years. I think it's true that teams there tend to be more physical. Some of them look more like rugby teams than football teams. Barrow in particular. I think they only had one guy under 6 ft, who was their one "football player" (he was the one taking free kicks and corners). They spent the entire 90 minutes launching ball after ball up the park as soon as they got hold of it.

I'd be surprised if, overall, L2 n England is a higher standard than Championship in Scotland.

Edited by Gordon EF

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I've seen a few National League and English League 2 games over the last few years. I think it's true that teams there tend to be more physical. Some of them look more like rugby teams than football teams. Barrow in particular. I think they only had one guy under 6 ft, who was their one "football player" (he was the one taking free kicks and corners). They spent the entire 90 minutes launching ball after ball up the park as soon as they got hold of it.

I'd be surprised if, overall, L2 n England is a higher standard than Championship in Scotland.

You're absolutely right, The Solihull team were like basketball players and spent most of the game lumping the ball forward or playing head tennis; there wasnt much football in them. I remember Dunfermline fans saying  Borehamwood were the same.

Football is played in very different styles up here imho, we play a much quicker game than down south. Hence why I think a lot of boys from last year were shown to be total diddies.

The quality levels can’t be compared from league to league due to the different sizes of the two countries.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Football is played in very different styles up here imho, we play a much quicker game than down south. Hence why I think a lot of boys from last year were shown to be total diddies.

The quality levels can’t be compared from league to league due to the different sizes of the two countries.

Agreed. Theyve ten times our population, bigger crowds, bigger budgets. Just look at the size of the towns (and cities) that some of these conference and league two sides come from, compared to places like Annan, Elgin; FFS Alloa and Arbroath come from towns with 20,000 of a population. The remarkable thing is that our clubs which are so small in comparison can match them.

8 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Agreed. Theyve ten times our population, bigger crowds, bigger budgets. Just look at the size of the towns (and cities) that some of these conference and league two sides come from, compared to places like Annan, Elgin; FFS Alloa and Arbroath come from towns with 20,000 of a population. The remarkable thing is that our clubs which are so small in comparison can match them.

Aye, the full-time / part-time boundary is generally the bottom end of the national league in England. As in, I think the comfortable majority for them are FT with a handful of PT teams in there. In that sense, in terms of comparing "size" of clubs, crowds, resources, the closest comparison is probably Championship in Scotland vs National League in England.

I cannot look at it , it burns my eyes and induces my vomit.
Yet I am still strangely drawn to it.
Big Wul should know better, but I wonder which one is Champions.  

You are in Aus. He had a company there apparently in the early 00’s.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I cannot look at it , it burns my eyes and induces my vomit.

Yet I am still strangely drawn to it.

Big Wul should know better, but I wonder which one is Champions.  

Not guilty I'm afraid. Messaged him a while back re timescales but sent nothing since.

I took the latest messages as tongue in cheek, unless you're totally deranged there's not a chance in hell we'll ever be near the CL, there's more chance of the World ending 😁

Not guilty I'm afraid. Messaged him a while back re timescales but sent nothing since.
I took the latest messages as tongue in cheek, unless you're totally deranged there's not a chance in hell we'll ever be near the CL, there's more chance of the World ending [emoji16]

More like tongue up rear entrance

Heres what I dont get.... You can argue that some of us are being a bit negative about MC probably. However, even if he IS exactly what he says he is and for the first time in the history of business hasn't talked himself up a bit, why would people be queuing up to lick his boots?

I cant imagine talking in such a sycophantic way supposing Man Citys sheikhs came in and made a cast iron guarantee that they would invest 500m in the first team. Mental stuff.

I think it’s all there in Maslow’s Theory of Human Motivation. You can place the sycophants easily enough within his pyramids.

IMG_0934.jpg

11 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

A lot of excuses in there 

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are in Aus. He had a company there apparently in the early 00’s.

I no longer wish to play detective , it's exhausting as you will appreciate how well he covers his tracks (or possibly even just makes it up).

Christ if he's claiming to have made a lot of money from a business that hasn't even started trading yet (Brooklyn Coffee) you know it's going to be a big task.

Tired of the MC saga but I’m guessing it’s going ahead as by now he must have proven he has the cash to buy out the MSG! Which it seems is their only concern now . I hope I’m wrong but my gut feeling is that he is bad news and whatever his plan is it won’t be for the benefit club in the long term ! I remain convinced he is only a front man and a useless fanny at best but hey ho you have to piss with the cock you have !

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Tired of the MC saga but I’m guessing it’s going ahead as by now he must have proven he has the cash to buy out the MSG! Which it seems is their only concern now . I hope I’m wrong but my gut feeling is that he is bad news and whatever his plan is it won’t be for the benefit club in the long term ! I remain convinced he is only a front man and a useless fanny at best but hey ho you have to piss with the cock you have !

I agree there is an inevitability about it and I share the same bad feeling. The first season or two will probably be okay, but it seems this guy does not have businesses for too long.

My biggest fear is the huge controlling stake he will have to do what he wishes - we will be his play thing.

Let's face it we do not know much about this guy other than what he tells us and he wants us to know - even then there is very little evidence to back this up.    

But I suppose we live in hope he is all he makes out to be and follows through on the big ideas he promises.

Time will tell.

19 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Please tell me they are at the wind up, nobody can be that stupid, surely?

aye must admit, when his name first appeared(which feels like years ago) I  started 'following' him on Twitter and checking what what was going on. That lasted a week before I couldnt take the cringe of some of our fans comments and tweets to him. It also got me really wary that would a legitimate serious businessman really get so involved on social media at a stage long before anything had been decided...i think not.  Nothing wrong with people  being transparent or approachable but the downside is you get a lot of fannies trying to be 'in the know' or being able to say to their pals "aye I wiz chatting to MC last night aboot the takeover..."...