The Falkirk FC Thread

The inbred Raither polluting this thread makes you almost long for the days when it was Morton and QoS stalkers...
And nothing has changed for me with McKinnon. He still has to be emptied at the earliest opportunity.

He only goes for a win when he has boxed himself into a corner. Exactly the same as the Ross County game at the end of last season. I just worry that he will see two tough games ahead, and will put his obsession for unbeaten runs ahead of winning the games.

Hes not going to shell up at home. Uts away to Raith, thats where his new found style will be tested.

He only goes for a win when he has boxed himself into a corner. Exactly the same as the Ross County game at the end of last season. I just worry that he will see two tough games ahead, and will put his obsession for unbeaten runs ahead of winning the games.

We will beat East Fife, Raith much tougher IMO

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Forget the label, its what's in the bottle that counts. They have a strong team with a good attacking threat.  They won at Tannadice and drew with Hearts in the League Cup.

Edited by Raith_Raver

Forget the label, its what's in the bottle that counts. They have a strong team with a good attacking threat.  They won at Tannadice and drew with Hearts in the League Cup.

We will beat East Fife

6 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

The inbred Raither polluting this thread makes you almost long for the days when it was Morton and QoS stalkers...

And nothing has changed for me with McKinnon. He still has to be emptied at the earliest opportunity.

The fickle world of a football supporter, 2 decent performances and it's all ok. If we had the right manager in place, we really should've been looking at a Man City v Watford scoreline on Saturday.

The line he isn't looking to win in the poor performances is way out, he just doesn't have an attacking formula(s)

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The fickle world of a football supporter, 2 decent performances and it's all ok. If we had the right manager in place, we really should've been looking at a Man City v Watford scoreline on Saturday.

The line he isn't looking to win in the poor performances is way out, he just doesn't have an attacking formula(s)

The only way we can blame Ray for some of the missed chances on Saturday is if he was on the park missing them himself. Last two games have been much better, he has bought himself a few more games imo

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

your now reduced to moaning that we didn't win 8-0, things cant be that bad ffs.

I'm not a massive fan of his but we just won the last two games 3-0 and Saturdays performance was a very attacking one and I'm now confident going into the next two games.

Edited by falkirkzombie

17 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

The only way we can blame Ray for some of the missed chances on Saturday is if he was on the park missing them himself. Last two games have been much better, he has bought himself a few more games imo

Much better really wasn't that hard

8 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

your now reduced to moaning that we didn't win 8-0, things cant be that bad ffs.

I'm not a massive fan of his but we just won the last two games 3-0 and Saturdays performance was a very attacking one and I'm now confident going into the next two games.

I'm not moaning at all, find me someone who thinks we should only should've scored only 3 and you'll give me someone with low expectations. We should've at least scored 5. Both of the mentioned 3-0 wins we made hard work of putting both games to bed.

The squad we have, you should be confident of going into every game in this league, the manager brings that fear into place.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I'm not moaning at all, find me someone who thinks we should only should've scored only 3 and you'll give me someone with low expectations. We should've at least scored 5. Both of the mentioned 3-0 wins we made hard work of putting both games to bed.

The squad we have, you should be confident of going into every game in this league, the manager brings that fear into place.

The win on Sat was not hard work, the team absolutely strolled it, i agree we missed a couple of sitters, but credit where its due, we all wanted the team to be a bit more adventurous, and over the last 2 weeks we have seen that, we all wanted away from that narrow diamond p**h and over the last 2 weeks we have seen that.

23 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

The win on Sat was not hard work, the team absolutely strolled it, i agree we missed a couple of sitters, but credit where its due, we all wanted the team to be a bit more adventurous, and over the last 2 weeks we have seen that, we all wanted away from that narrow diamond p**h and over the last 2 weeks we have seen that.

The hard work element was putting the game to bed, 81st min was far too late, previous week we were in desperate need of making sub(s) and when we did our play changed and put the game to bed in the 86th min.

The last two weeks dont make me think Ray is the right man for Falkirk FC but its daft to say they dont change anything. If they signify that he intends to abandon the defensive shit and rake this league on, then they mean that he may well be ok for winning this league.

Now hear me out, leaving aside who wants what and who doesnt like who more, lets assume MC is coming in with John Park. Januarys recruitment will be orchestrated by Park, not Ray and not Rays replacement so on that basis we get who we get. The football on the pitch will also be influenced by Park.

With that in mind and the apparent commitment to more attacking football, I would probably bet on Ray winning the league with us. At that point, we can future endeavour him since we all know he is likely to be found wanting a league above, and avoid another banter episode of sacking him after a few games after paying so much to get him.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The last two weeks dont make me think Ray is the right man for Falkirk FC but its daft to say they dont change anything. If they signify that he intends to abandon the defensive shit and rake this league on, then they mean that he may well be ok for winning this league.

Now hear me out, leaving aside who wants what and who doesnt like who more, lets assume MC is coming in with John Park. Januarys recruitment will be orchestrated by Park, not Ray and not Rays replacement so on that basis we get who we get. The football on the pitch will also be influenced by Park.

With that in mind and the apparent commitment to more attacking football, I would probably bet on Ray winning the league with us. At that point, we can future endeavour him since we all know he is likely to be found wanting a league above, and avoid another banter episode of sacking him after a few games after paying so much to get him.

The defensive shit really hasn't been in place this season, the emphasis is more on his ability to get an attacking tune out his squad. We got what we deserved in Peterhead, Clyde and Airdrie.

I'd say it's 50/50 for Ray to give us top spot in May but if he does, I wouldn't bet on him even reaching the play offs(top ones) year later. 

A real decent side in this league would be a couple of wins ahead of the chasing pack but beating Forfar and Stranraer can do easily go car crash with our next two games.

I hope we have 6pts in two week time but the buck will always fall on the manager