The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He put in one of those hard to watch performances in the 6 (six) 1 game. Sibbald and Longridge in particular really ripped the pish right out of him.

It wasnt Crunchie on Naysmith, but Scobbie really did look shot to pieces in that game.

Aye him and the left back from Watford had a nuke.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He put in one of those hard to watch performances in the 6 (six) 1 game. Sibbald and Longridge in particular really ripped the pish right out of him.

It wasnt Crunchie on Naysmith, but Scobbie really did look shot to pieces in that game.

I liked Scobbie but he has been injury prone for the last 6+ yrs, probably partly the reason St Johnstone let him go as it has caught up with him now.

He has made more league starts at Falkirk than he has made in the 7yr he's been gone, was surprised to see he is still only 31

I remember Nelson completely done him as well, which led to Robson's goal

Some of the comments on here this week (I can't understand why so much this week given the Forfar performance) haven't aged well this afternoon.

The next 2 games are properly tough games and a collective holding of nerve is required.
Agreed, if we somehow manage to get two wins from our next 2 games, thats 20points from the 1st round of matches, which is title winning form.

Agreed, if we somehow manage to get two wins from our next 2 games, thats 20points from the 1st round of matches, which is title winning form.
The perspective I keep coming back to is the McCall season where we finished with 81 points. Most seasons this league can be won easily with 70 something points.

FWIW I don't expect us to take 6 points from the next 2 games, but if we take points from both of the next two I'll be satisfied that we're well positioned.

Well that was much better. What a difference since the change of formation. 
Just don't change it to shoehorn Tidser back in the team!

Would be happy with any of our central midfielders players playing in this formation as they are all good enough if given some space to play in and wide players to pass out wide to

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
24 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:
Well that was much better. What a difference since the change of formation. 
Just don't change it to shoehorn Tidser back in the team!

Would be happy with any of our central midfielders players playing in this formation as they are all good enough if given some space to play in and wide players to pass out wide to

I agree, I don't have anything against Tidser but can't see Gomis or Telfer being dropped just now. 

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:
1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:
Some of the comments on here this week (I can't understand why so much this week given the Forfar performance) haven't aged well this afternoon.

The next 2 games are properly tough games and a collective holding of nerve is required.

If yer auntie had baws.....

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Sad for the guy. Saw his first game for Falkirk at the away game to Dundee United - oh 10-12 years ago. Looked good, a hard as nails we powerhouse that never gave up.

But what struck me about that game was Gregg running about like a blue touch paper looking for a light !