The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would give my left nut to have McShane back. He'd waltz in to our midfield and in all honesty we haven't had a CM as good as him since he left.

He did a good job in the middle of the park for Queens and agree he’s never really been replaced. 

Think mcshane helped pick you the tempo again last week when he came on and having players out wide definitely helps.
Any off our midfielders playing in a central 2 should do a good job it's when we have 4 players all playing in the centre circle which McKinnon seems to love away from home
I agree. Hes the kind of player where if he can take the ball, see options, and release it to them he will look decent. Last week he had willing runners out wide and Doyle looking to go beyond Connolly, as well as McMillan who seemed keen on ball to feet too. Compare that to when he takes the ball when we are set up like Clyde away.... He takes it, the only pass open is a 5 yard sideways effort to Tidser or Gomis, rinse repeat. We get bogged down. We have to be brave enough to take the chance of being overridden in the middle of the park, in order to commit bodies going forward and say we trust our defence and we will outscore you.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:
Think mcshane helped pick you the tempo again last week when he came on and having players out wide definitely helps.
Any off our midfielders playing in a central 2 should do a good job it's when we have 4 players all playing in the centre circle which McKinnon seems to love away from home

I agree. Hes the kind of player where if he can take the ball, see options, and release it to them he will look decent. Last week he had willing runners out wide and Doyle looking to go beyond Connolly, as well as McMillan who seemed keen on ball to feet too. Compare that to when he takes the ball when we are set up like Clyde away.... He takes it, the only pass open is a 5 yard sideways effort to Tidser or Gomis, rinse repeat. We get bogged down. We have to be brave enough to take the chance of being overridden in the middle of the park, in order to commit bodies going forward and say we trust our defence and we will outscore you.

The Kevin Keegan at Newcastle approach, indeed we should dust that strategy off. 

Looking at league goals conceded it’s not as if we are shipping goals and need to be cautious. It’s not that hard either to have a system that makes a midfielder drop deep when defenders commit forward either.

Tam Scobbie slumming it on the Kelty bench tonight. Whilst I was delighted we didn’t sign him in the summer still thought he could actually get a game at a higher level than that. Unless of course he’s in the same sort of wage bracket as Fash, Reilly, Easton etc..

Tomorrow is a must win even this early in the season. If we don't get the away wins started then it will become a problem for the players mentally. Go for it boys

It’s already a mentality problem for our manager.

McKinnon is sucking the oxygen out of this place, the apathy has set in already, see the stats for the various match threads:

Airdrie vs Raith Rovers            57 replies, 3,178 views

East Fife vs Dumbarton           40 replies, 1,405 views

Stranraer vs Falkirk                  28 replies, 1,171 views

Peterhead vs Clyde                   24 replies, 1,059 views

Forfar vs Montrose                   10 replies, 220 views

Listen, Ray, why don't you just f*ck off?

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

I'm totally sick of hearing about McKinnon.

At the end of the day this team should come back with 3 Points today no matter who is in charge.

Yep the manager has absolutely nothing to do with how the team  is set up to play 🤪

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yep the manager has absolutely nothing to do with how the team  is set up to play 🤪

Did you miss the point !!!! I'll say it again it doesn't matter who is in charge the player's we have should win this game .

No need for the McKinnon selfie at the end of your post, see enough of him already.

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Did you miss the point !!!! I'll say it again it doesn't matter who is in charge the player's we have should win this game .

No need for the McKinnon selfie at the end of your post, see enough of him already.

f**k me no need for the exclamation wankfest. 

My point is if the manager has them playing and training in a certain way that doesn't create chances they won't score goals, it's really that simple. 

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

f**k me no need for the exclamation wankfest. 

My point is if the manager has them playing and training in a certain way that doesn't create chances they won't score goals, it's really that simple. 

Maybe about time the player's said enough of this shit then.

I'd respect them more for playing to win a game             ! Sorry

15 hours ago, Russ said:

Tam Scobbie slumming it on the Kelty bench tonight. Whilst I was delighted we didn’t sign him in the summer still thought he could actually get a game at a higher level than that. Unless of course he’s in the same sort of wage bracket as Fash, Reilly, Easton etc..

He played as a trialist for East Kilbride not long before signing for Kelty. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

Maybe about time the player's said enough of this shit then.

I'd respect them more for playing to win a game             ! Sorry

Not sure if your being serious or not. Are you actually saying you want the players to ignore their managers instructions and take matters into their own hands?

He played as a trialist for East Kilbride not long before signing for Kelty. 
He put in one of those hard to watch performances in the 6 (six) 1 game. Sibbald and Longridge in particular really ripped the pish right out of him.

It wasnt Crunchie on Naysmith, but Scobbie really did look shot to pieces in that game.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Not sure if your being serious or not. Are you actually saying you want the players to ignore their managers instructions and take matters into their own hands?

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Wouldn't go as far as that, but sometimes you have to try something different.