Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also bear in mind there was a seperate grouo of BtB patrons who were fucked off by the MSG

Yes but remember the MSG are all Falkirk fans, someone had a loaded gun to their head when they wrote multiple statements slating the support, and the BTB presentation that none of us have seen definitely had glaring holes in it.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also bear in mind there was a seperate grouo of BtB patrons who were fucked off by the MSG

and Scott Davidson, who also pulled his bid after being delayed by the MSG multiple times.

The biggest disgrace in all of this, regardless of whether or not MC is a charlatan or not, and whether the MSG could resonably foretell he was, or not, is the way the MSG treated the fans by proxy tbh. 

The theme of them thinking we are stupid carries on regardless. Unfortunately going by the twitter threads, plenty are. Just wave a shiny set of keys in front of us. 

2 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

He tried to run 100m in 4 minutes and pulled a hamstring.

The invisible caravan he tows around the pitch got a flat 

2 hours ago, champions said:

Agree with this. Although BtB would have given more power to the fans, was there anyone within BtB who could lay their hands on say £200k in the event of an emergency or unpaid HMRC bill?

Perhaps MC offers more financial clout if ever required and that was a deciding factor in making him preferred bidder.

100% Yes, There were numerous persons that have that kind of money.  If you knew some of the individuals who were prepared to be Patrons you have to ask why are they entertaining Campbell. 

Update:

As many of you who came along to Saturday’s match against Forfar will be aware, Mark Campbell was in attendance as a guest of the Board of Directors. In addition, the directors and Mark had positive and productive meetings over the weekend and have agreed to work closely with our respective legal advisers to progress Mark’s offer to the shareholders of Falkirk Football Club, and the planned investment in the club and its facilities.

Mark and the directors are excited by the possibilities the investment can unlock both on and off the field.  We are entering into an extremely important stage as we progress matters forward with both our legal team and Mark’s. This work can be time consuming, however all parties are committed to concluding this process at the earliest opportunity. A further announcement to supporters will be made as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your patience and of course your continued support for the team.

Falkirk FC Board of Directors

Another statement that doesn't really tell us anything.
Made only because folk are seeing this guy cruising around the Bar and the Directors Box on a matchday, announcing it by tweet, and wondering what the fucking hell is going on.

These c***s were touting the deal being done before the window shut Be lucky if its done by halloween. Pathetic.

41 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Sounds like DD has been completed and they are now moving onto the final stage.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

In fairness, he probably should be dropped

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

The invisible caravan he tows around the pitch got a flat 

Really surprised he's not ripping it up in League 1. Ray should put him further forward and he'll do well. Expensive player to have on the books when he's not contributing anything. 

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Really surprised he's not ripping it up in League 1. Ray should put him further forward and he'll do well. Expensive player to have on the books when he's not contributing anything. 

How much is he on?

I'd heard a figure of £500 pw

Do you want him back?

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Its not that he is contributing nothing. He at least has a couple of assists and looked good when the rest of them looked good (Dumbarton were honking that day)

We played 4 4 2 the other day with Telfer and Gomis in the middle. I suspect if you swapped Tidser for Telfer there, he would do fine. He is being held back away from home though, sitting deep in a narrow midfield. I honestly cant say first hand what his strengths are specifically but I know they arent that. I do remmeber him playing higher up in the 1 each game at Cappielow last season and looking like a good player. 

34 minutes ago, champions said:

How much is he on?

That's rubbish. Branchton says it's £2000!

I’d say it tells us that this deal is going to conclude and it’s all about the T&Cs now. No longer about diligence.

It’s gonna happen now, like or not.

I don’t....

42 minutes ago, champions said:

How much is he on?

He was our highest paid player last season and probably had been for the past 3/4 seasons. Douglas Rae went above and beyond to get him back after his release from Rotherham so I'd imagine he'll be on or around £1k a week.