The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

That’s a massive victory for us imo

All very well saying that but that puts us in the market for a new manager in a make or break season so get a grip. Club up for sale.  Ownership unknown. Caretaker until job applications - interviews - notice etc etc. New manager wanting changes in squad. No ! stick with what we have got till the new year break. If we are not on the top 3 then he is out.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

All very well saying that but that puts us in the market for a new manager in a make or break season so get a grip. Club up for sale.  Ownership unknown. Caretaker until job applications - interviews - notice etc etc. New manager wanting changes in squad. No ! stick with what we have got till the new year break. If we are not on the top 3 then he is out.

Eh? How does King signing for Morton put us in the market for a new manager exactly? I doubt McKinnon is going to chuck it because we've lost out to Morton for Billy King.

33 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You’ve completely misread the context of that post. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What did you think I was replying to?!

If we fail to score on Saturday for the fourth away game in a row are you still going to advocate that we keep him? ...

Telfer and Tidser doubts for tomorrow, cud be a Gomis McShane midfield pairing, which dosent fill me with confidence.
Prefer to keep it as last week if we can but tbh, any one of Tidser, McShane or Telfer alongside Gomis I am ok-ish with, as ling as there are outlets wide for them. Its when they are all funnelled into the same wee box with only Dixon and Doyle looking to run for them that we are brutal.

Prefer to keep it as last week if we can but tbh, any one of Tidser, McShane or Telfer alongside Gomis I am ok-ish with, as ling as there are outlets wide for them. Its when they are all funnelled into the same wee box with only Dixon and Doyle looking to run for them that we are brutal.
Would much rather Telfer or Tidser next to Gomis if we are keeping the 442, dont think Mcshane brings much to the party.

Just really dont want to go back to the narrow pish for an away game.

Would much rather Telfer or Tidser next to Gomis if we are keeping the 442, dont think Mcshane brings much to the party.

Just really dont want to go back to the narrow pish for an away game.
I like McShane as a player he has become lost in a McKinnon haze. When he came on last week he was good. When he first signed he definitely looked to get forward. I think he is stifled to an extent the way he has been used, and "neat and tidy" is his foremost attribute, nae point pretending otherwise but he has some vision and ability to control the game. If we can have last weeks Connolly and Longridge to provide the creativity and Doyle providing that extra body too on the right, I think McShane can do a job of taking the ball from Gomis/Centre Halfs and launching the attacks.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:
Telfer and Tidser doubts for tomorrow, cud be a Gomis McShane midfield pairing, which dosent fill me with confidence.

Gomis ran the game on Saturday I thought he was great. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Would give my left nut to have McShane back. He'd waltz in to our midfield and in all honesty we haven't had a CM as good as him since he left.

He did a good job in the middle of the park for Queens and agree he’s never really been replaced.