The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye and where did it all end?

Too many trumpeting MC and the promise of the world either did not live through ‘98 or have forgotten the pain, dread and fear of those 3/4 months when we didn’t know if we would have a football club to support again.

I will never forget that first ever party on the pitch in the marquee when at the end of the night we were all up signing you will never take my Falkirk away. I looked to my right and there was Scott Crabbe, a died in the wool Jambo singing it at full pelt like us. It meant a lot to him and I feel emotional typing this, thinking back.

I want to see my club punching at its weight, I want to see the stadium completed and I want to see us developing our own players again. But fist and foremost I want my club to be safe and not have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever again that I might lose it.
This... all day fuckin long.
Those dark days should never be forgotten and the way the fans responded was above and beyond.
The determination to keep our club alive was immense.... with the support of the players to.
We should never be put in that position again.

9 minutes ago, bud1876 said:

This... all day fuckin long.
Those dark days should never be forgotten and the way the fans responded was above and beyond.
The determination to keep our club alive was immense.... with the support of the players to.
We should never be put in that position again.

Its when you think back to those times and think we paid 150k for Derek Ferguson to help land us in the financial shit back then.

35 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Airth Castle and MacDonald Inchyra, all the rest in the area are just your bed and en suite so to speak really, dont know how they are going to fit in what they want with the other pitch being there if the plan is to put a 4th stand then its going to have to be enter via the side unless they rip up the new pitch thats just been installed.  Anyway thats for our bearded overlord to work out 

Airth Castle is at Airth while MacDonald Inchyra is up for sale with the rest of the MacDonald group but that is by and by.

If you look at the web the hotels to stay in Falkirk as a tourist it's pretty dire so the market is there.

Get round the businesses in the area and find out what they want in exhibition and conference facilities. Funeral teas, Weddings, Divorce celebrations, All the Local Loyal Rangers supporters clubs get together ( only joking ) the cost of repairing the damage and disinfecting after they have gone makes that one a non starter.

If that can be tagged onto the 4th stand as an annex all the better.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Airth Castle is at Airth while MacDonald Inchyra is up for sale with the rest of the MacDonald group but that is by and by.

If you look at the web the hotels to stay in Falkirk as a tourist it's pretty dire so the market is there.

Get round the businesses in the area and find out what they want in exhibition and conference facilities. Funeral teas, Weddings, Divorce celebrations, All the Local Loyal Rangers supporters clubs get together ( only joking ) the cost of repairing the damage and disinfecting after they have gone makes that one a non starter.

If that can be tagged onto the 4th stand as an annex all the better.

Thing is as far as Football grounds go we  arent too badly located  for a Hotel as you say would need to offer a lot more than what there is, not too sure but as far as i know Killies one seems to do ok and did Livvy not have one added onto Almondvale mind you its hardly the place you would take your family to stay on a Holiday a hotel latched onto the Tony Macaroni stadium.

The club has next to no assets so how can he rack up 10M of debt? Secured on what exactly? 5 years worth of future season ticket money.... never happen!

I keep hearing the fans can always bale the club out , and that figure of 800K.
Don't you realise that weird guys with no connection to the club , like for example at Bury can raise easily rack up 7-10M worth of debt in no time , secured against the assets of the club from very dubious high interest sources.
You have to be very certain who you are handing the full control of the club to and what their motivations are.
If it goes pear shaped that 800K might not cover the liquidator's fees. 
Let's just hope the current custodians know what they are doing. Good luck everyone.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Who’s going to want to stay at a Hotel beside the Falkirk stadium anyway? “With excellent views of an oil refinery...”

Yes, because the ONLY reason you stay in a hotel is for the view. 

Sunderland have a Hilton right next to them at their stadium. The view from the hotel is some turnstiles, a car park and the shithole that is Sunderland. 

I’ve stayed in hotels linked to Chelsea, Norwich and Coventry’s Ricoh arena.

I’ve deliberately chosen them over others nearby as they are linked to clubs. I doubt I’m the only one....

A lot of the comments about the proposed hotel seem to be coming from people who only ever see the inside of one on their holidays.

The stadium site is perfectly placed for a decent level business oriented hotel such as Marriot, Hilton, Mercure or Holiday Inn.

Nothing like that in the area, almost literally an open goal for a prospective owner.

12 minutes ago, champions said:

Was it not £300-£350k?

I actually thought it was closer to the 250k wikipedia says 250k but there was an interview done with him on one of the news articles which says 150k, Personally i know at the time it was 250k banded about we paid for him.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

A lot of the comments about the proposed hotel seem to be coming from people who only ever see the inside of one on their holidays.

The stadium site is perfectly placed for a decent level business oriented hotel such as Marriot, Hilton, Mercure or Holiday Inn.

Nothing like that in the area, almost literally an open goal for a prospective owner.

I have to book hotels in the area when I've got colleagues up here. I always end up putting them in the Castlecary or the Holiday Inn in Stirling after horror stories about some of the others. 

24 minutes ago, BigSpow said:

The club has next to no assets so how can he rack up 10M of debt? Secured on what exactly? 5 years worth of future season ticket money.... never happen!

Yeah I'd like to know how he could potentially rack up so much debt?

AFAIK we own the north stand, pitch and some ground around the stadium. We also have no overdraft facility and by all accounts our cash reserves have taken a hit the last couple of seasons.

People keep harping back to the deans and fulston. I was a young teenager during the Deans but did they not just dip their hands into the takings and were rightly chased? Were we even in dire straits at that point? Fulston on the other hand was that not a case of gross mismanagement in terms of spending at unsustainable levels?

Just now, champions said:

Yeah I'd like to know how he could potentially rack up so much debt?

AFAIK we own the north stand, pitch and some ground around the stadium. We also have no overdraft facility and by all accounts our cash reserves have taken a hit the last couple of seasons.

People keep harping back to the deans and fulston. I was a young teenager during the Deans but did they not just dip their hands into the takings and were rightly chased? Were we even in dire straits at that point? Fulston on the other hand was that not a case of gross mismanagement in terms of spending at unsustainable levels?

Deans article: Embezzlement and Fraud:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12676830.deans-face-court-and-a-battle-to-control-falkirk-fc/

Fulston your prob right but he done the same thing to Accies before moving onto us same promises of a new stadium etc next thing we know administrators are in, noticed they are still involved with football i think its at East Kilbride or somewhere out that way 

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Deans article: Embezzlement and Fraud:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12676830.deans-face-court-and-a-battle-to-control-falkirk-fc/

Fulston your prob right but he done the same thing to Accies before moving onto us same promises of a new stadium etc next thing we know administrators are in, noticed they are still involved with football i think its at East Kilbride or somewhere out that way 

In defence of fulston it's not like moving from Brockville was a straightforward exercise due to the council part owning tje ground and various stumbling blocks put in our way, it was still another 6 years after he left before we even moved into TFS.