The Falkirk FC Thread

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yea, in Texas...or, as Donald sees it, Northern Mexico, home of bad hombres.

Aye, I thought so as you tend to use a lot of Americanisms in your posts.

Are you a fifer in exile or a soccer supporting Texan that stuck a pin in Kirkcaldy? 

The BBC has just tweeted interesting season ticket stats.

Falkirk have sold 2287 and are 13th in terms of sales in Scotland.

we are higher than Hamilton livvi and possibly st Johnstone in the top league and only the two dundee clubs and the pars (just) have sold more than us in the championship. the next highest in league 1 is raith with just under 1000. with stirling Albion the highest is league 2 with 210. cove rangers for those still following Hartleys progress have sold 65.

take from all that what you will...

Falkirk has more mugs as fans than other clubs in Scotland is all I took from that.

12 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I thought so as you tend to use a lot of Americanisms in your posts.

Are you a fifer in exile or a soccer supporting Texan that stuck a pin in Kirkcaldy? 

From the Kirkcaldy’s mob on Pratt Street and Ramsey Road on my mothers side...over in Valley Gardens on my dad’s.

Saw a couple of games in the 70’s, but always kept an eye on the Rovers...up and down. Now have the days off to watch games and thus comment a little intelligently. Saw the MC fiasco and came over to read up on it...and now kinda caught up in the MSG f**king the Falkirk fans.

Edited by TxRover

16 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the general gist to the plan is recently Fairway sports media and also his business partner is an agent in the US, start up academy again (JP to scout) we sign  players to get them in the shop window on condition they are represented via his agent pal, player gets a club and a shop window to put himself in, player gets sold for fee agent gets paid club get a fee albeit knowing our luck minimal, agent pal gives kickback to MC.

I'd be worried if this is the business model.

I cannot think of too many clubs in Scotland out with Celtic that sell to the EPL or European clubs for big money, in fact I can't think of one.

Falkirk will never be a shop window to these leagues so where is our target market - SPFL, EFL League One, Championship ? In the days of post-Bosman & pre-contracts the opportunities to sell a player on for a decent wedge are few and far between. I also can't see some European starlet signing a long term contract with us.

Even signing players young and putting them into the academy does not guarantee a return any time soon.      

It's certainly a strategy , but not one to hang your hat on , even once MC get's his kickback it won't pay for his luxury beard grooming products.   

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I cannot think of too many clubs in Scotland out with Celtic that sell to the EPL or European clubs for big money, in fact I can't think of one.

Falkirk will never be a shop window to these leagues so where is our target market - SPFL, EFL League One, Championship ? In the days of post-Bosman & pre-contracts the opportunities to sell a player on for a decent wedge are few and far between. I also can't see some European starlet signing a long term contract with us.

Even signing players young and putting them into the academy does not guarantee a return any time soon.      

It's certainly a strategy , but not one to hang your hat on , even once MC get's his kickback it won't pay for his luxury beard grooming products.   

We've sold arfield, mcgrandles, Taylor, higginbotham and vaulks for a decent wedge to teams outwith the EPL 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Money just to keep up going no more

Aye because we had the wrong business model  in place at the time.  The early sales paid for the feckups that cost us relegation keeping the club alive. The later sales were pished down the drain by the bod. If we had been in the top flight or even in a good financial state with some intelligent people upstairs that money couldve built us a side to match any outside the old firm plus we couldve kept some of these players longer and got top dollar for them. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

I agree is not a strategy designed to balance the books but it is a very effective method of switching income from the club to their personal coffers . As long as they bank more than the 400k the pay for the shares then their quids in . The club can simply then build up debt (possibly to a company they control) and they know fans will bail out the club up to a certain level as they head off into the sun. It’s high risk strategy but if they uncover a gem they could sell for 2 or 3 million if we are in the premier league without much of a downside. As I said initially it could be better for us it’s how it ends that concerns me . The motive is not to have a great football club its to make cash .

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

From the Kirkcaldy Muir’s/Whyte’s on Pratt Street and Ramsey Road on my mothers side...over in Valley Gardens on my dad’s.

Saw a couple of games in the 70’s, but always kept an eye on the Rovers...up and down. Now have the days off to watch games and thus comment a little intelligently. Saw the MC fiasco and came over to read up on it...and now kinda caught up in the MSG f**king the Falkirk fans.

Don't think you're going to fit in.

17 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think you're going to fit in.

Nah, I don’t get easily offended, can spout bullshit with the best, and enjoy abusing the unexpecting...it’s either this or get into politics, and while politics is more lucrative, it’s a bit less respected.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Am I right in saying 80% of them were developed elsewhere? Ditto Murray Wallace

I’m guessing you are going down the crediting  Sevco route with Wallace but he did spend 2 years at our academy.

If we didn’t have an academy, like now, we wouldn’t have got him.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn