The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With an offer as disingenuous as that, I think I will decline your "hand of friendship".

Well from this moment forward I will be treating you like a friend. If you wish to act childish and refuse the hand of friendship that is your right. I hope one day you can move on. 

Just now, TheBrit said:

Well from this moment forward I will be treating you like a friend. If you wish to act childish and refuse the hand of friendship that is your right. I hope one day you can move on. 

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This site is getting to a ONEF level of petty shit

Its not quite as bad yet although since one f shut down i dare say some of the moaners have moved onto here, there did seem to be quite an uptake of new posters that coincided with one f going down and levels of this declining

59 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Funnily enough that “easy” option took us to a Scottish cup final, a play off final and a play off semi final.

He wasn’t perfect Houston and did sign some stinkers but to say he’s one of the main reasons the academy got canned is just absolutely mental from you.

All you have to do is look at academy players game time in three years, jobbers filled the squad out in his term.

The three academy players that were sold in his term were lucky if they had 40 starts between all 3, previously the sold players were usually over 100 appearances each or at least a full season or so.

The academy would've been as well scrapped under his tenure as it didn't alter the success he had, by fuk he gave Shepherd a 2yr contract

A puff piece from a Rangers cheerleader about a 17 year old wee laddy isn't exactly proof that we were overflowing with world beaters.

There were 12 names mentioned at the EGM of players lost to Premiership Academies after the closure of the Academy.

6 or 7 of them now have full time contracts.

It was a poor decision

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
33 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

Grow up

And the biggest bully of the lot appears. Remember you were all newcomers once. It's not a prerequisite to round on the new guy. 

1 lad on the books of Sevco proves absolutely nothing...yet. At the time the academy got the bullet, very little talent had come through for a while and the last thing I was concerning myself with was young lads who might turn out to be assets a further 5/6/7 years down the line. We had just avoided relegation from the Championship and the focus had to be on the immediate future of the Club, which was promotion back to the top flight. That needed investment - it’s just a shame Hartley and Mitch completely fucked that investment otherwise we might be sitting here calling the decision a master stroke. 

6 or 7 now have FT contracts at Premiership clubs

at no point did I say he wasn't loyal or hardworking, just pointing out that he isn't as ITK as he likes to think judging by some of his comments  - and there's not a lot of anger in my post is there?

How much “in the know” do you think he thinks he is? At no point did you say he was loyal and hardworking either. You stuck to your perceived negatives, so angry or not, you were upset. That’s just daft.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Where did I say drop folk who are playing well ?

If youd rather have watched Gasparoto play right back when we had an u19 Scotland right back, then fair play

We had other options over the 3 yr under Houston but it was always the easy option

Bizarrely, going right back to Hughes and including the current incumbent, I would take Houston back before any of the others that we've had since then apart from Holt and yet I still think it was time for him to go. 

Crazy old game right enough.

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Please give us news on the takeover. The thread is turning into a school playground

Straight from the Herald:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-board-meets-for-takeover-update-1-5002131

Is anyone starting to think they are delaying this DD as much as they can in the hope that the team turn it round on the park so they can give themselves a pat on the back and say they were right along and they know better and tell MC he hasnt passed DD