The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

First off, how do you know they spend more time on this thread? Secondly equating the number of posts made on an Internet forum to genuine interest is completely daft. Now if they started attending more Falkirk games than Dundee Utd games then I would find that odd. Posts on an Internet forum that take seconds to compose? Nah, not so much. 

You can look at their thread and see how many posts they've posted there or just click on their user name. It's no rocket science. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You can look at their thread and see how many posts they've posted there or just click on their user name. It's no rocket science. 

Your initial claim was that they "spent more time" on this thread. I asked how you knew this? It's not rocket science. 

I mean I've only made 8 posts on this thread but ive spent countless hours reading it over the course of about 5 years. 

Since you've gone down the number of posts route instead, what are the usernames of the posters who post more on this thread than their own? 

Edited by TheBrit

5 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

Your initial claim was that they "spent more time" on this thread. I asked how you knew this? It's not rocket science. 

Since you've gone down the number of posts route instead, what are the usernames of the posters who post more on this thread than their own? 

Monkey tennis was on this thread every day for weeks whilst there was hardly a thing posted on the queens thread. The morton crew were on here every day for a while too whilst tumble weed rolled through the morton thread but that has become more sporadic thankfully. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Monkey tennis was on this thread every day for weeks whilst there was hardly a thing posted on the queens thread. The morton crew were on here every day for a while too whilst tumble weed rolled through the morton thread but that has become more sporadic thankfully. 

So how many posts has Monkey Tennis made on this thread compared to his own? And why does it annoy you that posters use this website in exactly the manner it was intended? 

13 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

So how many posts has Monkey Tennis made on this thread compared to his own? And why does it annoy you that posters use this website in exactly the manner it was intended? 

Christ almighty I'm no going back and counting ffs. It was highlighted at the time though.  Why are u so bothered anyway having never posted before today? Why no enlighten us to your thoughts on the team instead of this pish.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Christ almighty I'm no going back and counting ffs. It was highlighted at the time though.  Why are u so bothered anyway having never posted before today? Why no enlighten us to your thoughts on the team instead of this pish.

Don't bite, just ignore him, he's getting exactly the response that he wants. He's made 10 posts in 6 hours, thinks he's like Donald Trump on Twitter.

Seems like we’ve got ourselves another looky loo.
look·y-loo
/ˈlo͝okēˌlo͞o/
noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
1.    a person who comes or stops to look at something out of curiosity, especially when such attention is unwelcome.

When I come onto Pie and Bovril I think I can honestly say that 99% of my time is spent on the Falkirk thread. I occasionally look in on the various Politics threads, the predictions threads, “Top of the league and you’re no” thread, and, in the past, the BRALT, all of which are genuine multi team supporter threads, (if that is the right expression?). I will also pop into and occasionally contribute to the match threads, Falkirk vs Whoever. For full transparency, I have posted once on the Morten thread ( commiserating with them for us poaching McKinnon, would you believe) and made one post on the QoTS thread, apart from that, zilch. In the main, unless a Scottish club is going bust (see BRALT) or are about to sign Lionel Messi, then I am not interested in the minutiae of goings on at other clubs. I just don’t understand supporters of other clubs regularly going on to another team’s threads and posting (sorry, Monkey Tennis, you know that I think that you are OK). Banter about us being Box Office Bairns aside, what is the fascination?

I quite enjoy getting to know fellow fans of clubs and see the news going on with them.
Its also good to see what good and bad points clubs point out that you can look for when you play them competitively.

I only look at the threads on the league 1 page and if we went up or down I would only look at whatever level we were at.

You might find instead of being a bit wierd and making it out that your boring as f**k and only care about Falkirk and think we do too that other clubs have a laugh.

Heres a few teams threads I have enjoyed over the last couple seasons that isnt east fife's (my clubs)

1. Dumbarton
2. Arbroath
3. Raith
4. Stenny

Enjoy yourself

42 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Here we go again with you dictating what subjects are acceptable for discussion on this thread. 

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Would someone who claims to be a Falkirk fan and has been reading P&B for 5 years not know the answer to that?

Given I genuinely don't know the answer I'm going to say no, they wouldn't necessarily know the answer to that. 

Seems like we’ve got ourselves another looky loo.
look·y-loo
/ˈlo͝okēˌlo͞o/
noun
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
1.    a person who comes or stops to look at something out of curiosity, especially when such attention is unwelcome.

When I come onto Pie and Bovril I think I can honestly say that 99% of my time is spent on the Falkirk thread. I occasionally look in on the various Politics threads, the predictions threads, “Top of the league and you’re no” thread, and, in the past, the BRALT, all of which are genuine multi team supporter threads, (if that is the right expression?). I will also pop into and occasionally contribute to the match threads, Falkirk vs Whoever. For full transparency, I have posted once on the Morten thread ( commiserating with them for us poaching McKinnon, would you believe) and made one post on the QoTS thread, apart from that, zilch. In the main, unless a Scottish club is going bust (see BRALT) or are about to sign Lionel Messi, then I am not interested in the minutiae of goings on at other clubs. I just don’t understand supporters of other clubs regularly going on to another team’s threads and posting (sorry, Monkey Tennis, you know that I think that you are OK). Banter about us being Box Office Bairns aside, what is the fascination?

I think you need to calm down, mate.

11 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

Here we go again with you dictating what subjects are acceptable for discussion on this thread. 

Given I genuinely don't know the answer I'm going to say no, they wouldn't necessarily know the answer to that. 

You can't have been reading very carefully then.