The Falkirk FC Thread

I was all for giving Ray some time to get it right but, to continually play the same style of play, which we all know doesn't work just shows how poor a manager Ray is. He has to go asap to give the next manager a good chance of making it work

Nothing whatsoever will be happening on the managerial front whilst the takeover shambles rumbles on. I don't want Campbell within a hundred miles of the club but as it stands he's probably the quickest route to emptying McKinnon. If he comes in with Park, I could see us going for a younger coach to work under him. We've been down the tried and tested road with the likes of Hartley and McKinnon and it has not worked. Shouts for dinosaurs like Hughes are ludicrous, never going to happen.

As I've said before, I think McKinnon should have gone after relegation, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt going into this season. Was happy with the squad he built - it is more than good enough to win this league, but it isn't happening. Time to go. We can't afford to gamble promotion this season.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
If this takeover is done this week i reckon it will be JP calling the shots to who is next

If it happens and JP has been watching us most weeks then I'd expect Ray to get the bullet straight away

I think it was someone pulling the piss saying JP had been there most weeks but i think the results speak for themselves.  

If i recall right the reason the board went for RM in the first place as he had the best stats i wonder if most of them were draws.

that's the last 4 away games and we haven't scored a goal, never mind a win. all against tier 3 teams as well. not only that the entertainment value has been shocking.

while the manager has to take ultimate responsibility these players need to take a long hard look at themselves, most playing a tier at least below where they are accustomed to and probably on more money than most if not all rivals. shameful

we've only played to standard one game this season. simply not good enough

Another away game another embarrassment of a performance. We need the takeover stuff sorted out one way or the other ASAP nothing on the managerial front is happening whilst this is going on and there’s no danger at all of us going up with that c**t in charge.

That was the exact same pish as the last few weeks. Slow in possession, no urgency, hopeless final ball, not testing the ‘keeper. And his only solution to change things is to Chuck on more strikers and hoof it long. Absolute garbage.

Robbie Mutch aside who I thought had a really good game there was no passmarks. Quite why McShane still gets a start is a fucking mystery offers nothing, Johnstone is an absolute jobber, Leitch completely pointless and Paul Dixon can get himself so far to f**k.

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Couldn’t make it but yet again not heard a single positive following the game. Only one for me is surely McKinnon out is only a matter of time.

Your play from midfield to forwards was terrible. Whenever you got someone deep, into a corner, your crosses looked dangerous, otherwise it was either lob a cross from 30 yards out on the wing into the box or try to move the ball/drive through the middle and lose possession. Defending was average or so, with some crazy mental erros, two of which gave away penaties. Goalie looked pretty good.