The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Does anyone really think we’re going to bin McKinnon?

He'll win us the league by shitfesting then land another job on the back of this 'success', claiming he was hard done by.

Given the state of the club, I'd accept this scenario as long as he isn't in charge next season.

15 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

He'll win us the league by shitfesting then land another job on the back of this 'success', claiming he was hard done by.

Given the state of the club, I'd accept this scenario as long as he isn't in charge next season.

Aye, you’re probably bang on. This isn’t the time to be going through all that shit like last year. Just get us over the line and then do one Ray.

Against dumbarton we got an early goal that makes a massive difference, we also had midfielders going out wide which left gaps in the middle as the dumbarton midfield and defence were getting stretched and this also allowed dixon and doyle to pass it down the line for someone who can actually get to the bye line and cross a ball. A blind man can see that we need to play with that set up every week in this league.

28 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Against dumbarton we got an early goal that makes a massive difference, we also had midfielders going out wide which left gaps in the middle as the dumbarton midfield and defence were getting stretched and this also allowed dixon and doyle to pass it down the line for someone who can actually get to the bye line and cross a ball. A blind man can see that we need to play with that set up every week in this league.

Agreed. If Sammon's 'goal' stood, as it should have, then I think we may have seen a different game.

7 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
My recollection was that he was offside.

Wasn't sure at the time and can't bring myself to watch the "highlights"

Only one angle on FTV obviously but looked offside to me at the time and the commentators agreed. They give themselves a margin of at least 1 yard when insisting a Falkirk player is onside so I am going to assume that he was offside and not subject myself to a repeat watch.

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Given Ray’s history, you’ll likely take second behind Forfar, East Fife or Raith, and then get gubbed in the playoffs. But Ray will insist he “did his job”, and that the team players, supporters and management crippled his attempt to gain promotion. Then he’ll somehow slither into the Partick or Dunfermline job when they fall down to League One, because that’s what teams do.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

My recollection was that he was offside.

Forced myself to watch the 'highlights' specifically because I wanted to check this. Managed to freeze the frame just as Buchanan headed it (which isn't easy to do) and Sammon was level at worst although I thought he was marginally on.

I am sure that even our screwed up BoD & MSG are privately and collectively regretting the appointment of McKinnon. He is extremely limited, and his successful wee spell at Raith was probably little more than the law of averages at play.

He is just the latest in a line of badly thought through appointments at TFS.

Tbf Dumbarton were absolutely hoaching which helped tremendously. Some proper clown shoes defending which Montrose ‘keeper apart has not happened in any other game this season.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, just looked it up, which I should have done in the 1st place. Martin Rennie. Has had a lot of success and I think would be worth a punt if he would consider it.

He'll no' leave Indianapolis with their multi-national squad, new $550m 20,000 capacity stadium, 7000 season tickets & Honda team sponsorship to rock up wi' us. Not a chance.

2 hours ago, The Genius Geordie Gibson said:

He'll no' leave Indianapolis with their multi-national squad, new $550m 20,000 capacity stadium, 7000 season tickets & Honda team sponsorship to rock up wi' us. Not a chance.

Yes there is.

Our new owner in waiting will deliver all of that and more.

3 hours ago, The Genius Geordie Gibson said:

Can’t find a salary for him, but he is coming up on his average tenure with a team. That being said, the most recent complaints were that he sets his team up not to lose rather than to win...sound familiar.

15 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

see the draw for the 1st round of the Scottish cup was made yesterday. starting to hope we don't draw cove rangers in later round, as I'm pretty sure they'd beat us...that would be painful on so many levels

1st round? Is that not when us diddy teams come in?

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am sure that even our screwed up BoD & MSG are privately and collectively regretting the appointment of McKinnon. He is extremely limited, and his successful wee spell at Raith was probably little more than the law of averages at play.

He is just the latest in a line of badly thought through appointments at TFS.

After the wanted target turned it down and don't forget the 2nd guy saying he turned it down (don't actually believe that 1 myself) the board were getting a little desperate.