The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The quickest, most direct way to getting rid of McKinnon at this point would probably be for Campbell to get his hands on the club. That's how big a hole we are currently in.

I think you might be right that Campbell`s team would  get rid but it`s up for debate. However, if Gow got it, it`s guaranteed.

100%
Still reads like a broadsheet that bores me, probably because I am a fanny...!
But you have hit it on the nail

You were comparing Mark Campbell with Richard Branson a few posts ago. Keep drinking the Portuguese vino [emoji6]

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You were comparing Mark Campbell with Richard Branson a few posts ago. Keep drinking the Portuguese vino emoji6.png

Yep, only in reflection that a repeated failed business person can come good....

There isn't smoke without fire is my overall thought but there is no definite fact that his take over will not benefit both parties in the club and his pocket as we linger in the 3rd tier.

I'd rather have a squeaky clean owner but cmon, that's rarely found anywhere

Ps not advocating Campbell

PPS I'm advocating McKinnon gone since May

Yep, only in reflection that a repeated failed business person can come good....
There isn't smoke without fire is my overall thought but there is no definite fact that his take over will not benefit both parties in the club and his pocket as we linger in the 3rd tier.
I'd rather have a squeaky clean owner but cmon, that's rarely found anywhere
Ps not advocating Campbell
PPS I'm advocating McKinnon gone since May

So you can compare two people operating in comlletely different universes, but I cant draw comparisons relating to the dynamic between manager/players of 2 football teams?

f**k me.

First time seeing us this season, but if that's been the level of performance in the other 2 away games then can fully understand those wanting McKinnon gone. Not expecting to run over teams like Man City, but with our budget we should have a bit more about us than long balls, aimless crosses and potshots from 25 yards. 

FWIW, I'd keep him for now as we're only a point off top and if this takeover does happen and we go down the Director of Football route then it'd make sense for them to be the one making the decision. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

The positive from Falkirk's point of view is that because the league is so competitive this year they are never going to be more than a point or two off the top of the league despite playing so poorly, and the points tally required to win it will be very low. This will allow them a month or two to sort themselves out without falling behind. If this had been last season with the start Arbroath had they would be in real trouble already.

Of course as the season goes on the one issue could be that the board may stick with McKinnon longer than they should because they are still close to the top, then all it would take would be a few poor results after Christmas and the league could be gone.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

I would love to know how money you guys are paying the likes of Tidser, and particularly Dixon.  I am not convinced that either of them are giving you value for money however much you are paying them.  We are 5 games into the season and you have looked then poorest team so far against us, by a long way.  What is it with the big budget?

The positive from Falkirk's point of view is that because the league is so competitive this year they are never going to be more than a point or two off the top of the league despite playing so poorly, and the points tally required to win it will be very low. This will allow them a month or two to sort themselves out without falling behind. If this had been last season with the start Arbroath had they would be in real trouble already.
Of course as the season goes on the one issue could be that the board may stick with McKinnon longer than they should because they are still close to the top, then all it would take would be a few poor results after Christmas and the league could be gone.

I’d say any team that picks up just 2 points out of 9 away from home and can’t score a single goal is already more than mildly in trouble if the objective is to win the league....

I would love to know how money you guys are paying the likes of Tidser, and particularly Dixon.  I am not convinced that either of them are giving you value for money however much you are paying them.  We are 5 games into the season and you have looked then poorest team so far against us, by a long way.  What is it with the big budget?

We were crap today and we didn’t lose but Clyde, Peterhead and Montrose were better than Airdrie

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d say any team that picks up just 2 points out of 9 away from home and can’t score a single goal is already more than mildly in trouble if the objective is to win the league....

Yet are still a point off the top. As I was saying, even with poor performances you are going to be within touching distance. This gives you a bit more time to get things right, but it also means there is maybe a danger of the club not acting soon enough.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Can’t agree with you.
We didn’t deserve to win and Airdrie deserved their point...

I was quoting our manager....

The malaise runs deep. Even the match report has the scoreline as Airdrie 1-0 Falkirk.

I was quoting our manager....
The malaise runs deep. Even the match report has the scoreline as Airdrie 1-0 Falkirk.

Probably took a copy of the Clyde report last week. Almost identical performance.
Mind you if they’d used the Peterhead report they’d have had an exact duplicate.
How many words does it take to report ‘shite’ anyway?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

So you can compare two people operating in comlletely different universes, but I cant draw comparisons relating to the dynamic between manager/players of 2 football teams?

f**k me.

You have stated you didn't understand me yet comlletely shows you are making up words !!!

I was partially being tongue in cheek referencing your Scotland link.

I'd guess a higher percent of ffc fans are interested in an entrepreneur type taking over our club, which is happening than Scotland.

It has to be said that we are a bigger car crash than the above at the moment

Edited by MrDust

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

You have stated you didn't understand me yet comlletely shows you making up words !!!

I was partially being tongue in cheek referencing your Scotland link.

I'd guess a higher percent of ffc fans are interested in an entrepreneur type taking over our club, which is happening than Scotland.

It has to be said that we are a bigger car crash than the above at the moment

As in.... the above collection of words? Cause I have to tell you... I'm not convinced.

22 minutes ago, Falkirk's 4th Stand said:

We're still only a point off top

Yeah, a slice of fortune we can't afford to take for granted. I can just about accept the current board leaving it to the new incumbent to make the call, but since the potential new imcumbent is a twitter obsessed roaster who enjoys recycling Donald Trumps patter, he can occupy the same space in the Mariana Trench as Ray "unbeaten run" McKinnon

Where are our players professional pride?

They are for the most part earning double that of the guy they are up against. 

Would anyone like to go their work to find the guy payed less than us is more productive? 

The thing that really annoys me is McKinnon worked under 2 of the best football mangers EVER in Jim Mclean and Brian Clough and appears to learned absolutely f**k all!