The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

I’ve back McKinnon to the hill but that’s it for me now. Absolutely awful yet again. Then he takes off arguably our best two players on the park today. Turgid stuff all over. That’s a year ago today since he came in and he’s had three squads and the football has remained the same in all three. Dumbarton game aside, we’ve struggled in every league game this season thus far. Bin him now.

Back him to the *hill* ?

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Disagree. It’s because he has a track record of failed companies and debt that he has tried to conceal. I couldn’t give a monkeys about his social media presence.

If he had a track record of brilliance in his business career, then there wouldn’t be as many concerns.

In what way can “he not win”? It all depends on the game he is trying to play.

FTR I am wary of Campbell but Richard Branson had a history of failed businesses till Virgin record label took off

We will be wary of anyone taking us over and the way social media is, that's expanded

You can't judge someone till it's actually real

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We have the discting stench of McLeish's Scotland. Players looking like they aren't trying because they are having to play a system that makes no sense to them.

The idea that we are going away from home for draws in as eason where we absolutely have to win the league is fucking batshit mental. Get tae f**k Ray. Golden opportunity to build, put some credit in the bank and maybe prove yourself as a competent Championship manager next season, instead you are playing for draws (and sometimes getting them) away from home in the seaside league.

Just fucking go and stop wasting everyones time.

Please stop Scotland pish for another forum.

For me we aren't looking for draws away from home, Ray is just fuckin clueless.

We are seeing high percentage of possession in stats in our favour(I know doesn't mean win) it's the attacking end Ray can't coach.

Today was Clyde all over bar we looked like scoring for 10-15 Mon period and did but the arse fell out of us 2nd half again.

We would have more numbers for a McKinnon boycott than the FFC boycott

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

FTR I am wary of Campbell but Richard Branson had a history of failed businesses till Virgin record label took off

We will be wary of anyone taking us over and the way social media is, that's expanded

You can't judge someone till it's actually real

Please stop Scotland pish for another forum.

For me we aren't looking for draws away from home, Ray is just fuckin clueless.

We are seeing high percentage of possession in stats in our favour(I know doesn't mean win) it's the attacking end Ray can't coach.

Today was Clyde all over bar we looked like scoring for 10-15 Mon period and did but the arse fell out of us 2nd half again.

We would have more numbers for a McKinnon boycott than the FFC boycott

No comparisons of anything against anything else allowed then? Gotcha. 

Just now, MrDust said:

Scotland forum for Scotland pish

Get tae f**k. Very clearly a post comparing the state of the current Falkirk setup with something else we are all familiar with that didn't end well. Very clearly not a post about Scotland. Poke yer thread policing.

Guest Ecosse83

Get him away to f**k. I know it probably wouldn't happen but by f**k I'd like Hughes back now. 

The quicker McKinnon is away the better!

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

What's with that interview with Ray spouting absolute bollocks about a game he was at .

Obviously wasn't Airdrie v Falkirk.

Got as far as him saying he picked Durnan to combat Airdrie's long throws. Worrying about the other team too much will always be his downfall. 

f**k me if we played anywhere near our own potential we would win most games this season. 

McKinnon knows full well with the players at his disposal, he should be skooshing this league. He also knows the honeymoon period is long gone, and that he is failing badly.

His excuses book is out of ideas, so now he will just pluck random nonsense out of the air and hope someone in charge will buy into it.

Sorry, but the man has been found out. Given the performances today, I am not sure how many of those players would be overly fussed if he was emptied.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Got as far as him saying he picked Durnan to combat Airdrie's long throws. Worrying about the other team too much will always be his downfall. 

f**k me if we played anywhere near our own potential we would win most games this season. 

This was a key issue with Pressley too. Terrified of the opposition.

7 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Get him away to f**k. I know it probably wouldn't happen but by f**k I'd like Hughes back now. 

The quicker McKinnon is away the better!

Hughes' tippy-tappy, sideways, pointless passing "philosophy" is literally the last thing we need to get out of this league.  He's had one decent spell in management since he left us a decade ago. His most recent job ended in the relegation of Raith Rovers through the quite incredible "achievement" of losing to that utterly rancid Brechin City side who have barely won a game since. I doubt even our board are that stupid. His time has been and gone. It's irrelevant anyway as whilst this ownership shambles is ongoing he won't be going anywhere. The quickest, most direct way to getting rid of McKinnon at this point would probably be for Campbell to get his hands on the club. That's how big a hole we are currently in.

Trying to look like he has done some homework probably, considering if you listened to the Clyde fans last week, they stated some glaring weaknesses in their team which completely failed to try and expose.

Until we get proper change at the club, it will continue to fail. Keep changing the manager etc etc etc but we have 10 years failing with the same people mainly in the Board and MSG.

Walter Mitty ain’t the answer though

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Until we get proper change at the club, it will continue to fail. Keep changing the manager etc etc etc but we are 10 years failing.

Yep agree long-term change needs to happen but f**k sake of like to just go and watch a shitty league 1 game and at least be entertained.

The p***k picking the team just now will never try and make that happen!

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Get tae f**k. Very clearly a post comparing the state of the current Falkirk setup with something else we are all familiar with that didn't end well. Very clearly not a post about Scotland. Poke yer thread policing.

Comparing international to club football.....ok, keep smoking

I'd guess I'm in the higher percentage of folk caring more about FFC than Scotland, we all like to see Scotland win but I'll celebrate like many a Falkirk win

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McKinnon knows full well with the players at his disposal, he should be skooshing this league. He also knows the honeymoon period is long gone, and that he is failing badly.

His excuses book is out of ideas, so now he will just pluck random nonsense out of the air and hope someone in charge will buy into it.

Sorry, but the man has been found out. Given the performances today, I am not sure how many of those players would be overly fussed if he was emptied.

100%

Still reads like a broadsheet that bores me, probably because I am a fanny...!

But you have hit it on the nail

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Until we get proper change at the club, it will continue to fail. Keep changing the manager etc etc etc but we have 10 years failing with the same people mainly in the Board and MSG.

Exactly. If a change of manager is accompanied by a gutting of the club from the top down, meaning the MSG selling up in full and the board being removed in its entirety, then fine. Until then, it won't fundamentally change anything. It's incredible the free ride they continue to get from the support.