The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Once he has control he can do what the f**k he likes. Legally they will have no chance of tying him down post a sale.

Yeah thats why you ensure these caveats are put into the contract of sale surely.

11 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Why would they be overwhelmingly concerned with their bank balance? The big shareholders bought the club to save it from liquidation, they are apparently millionaires and from what was said on here, are selling their shares for around £400,000 so I doubt very much money is the major motive.  I'd say it's pretty obvious the board read this, everything from getting rid of Houston, backing hartley, getting away from "lazy hibs/hearts reject signings" sacking hartley etc has been the majority view on here (pre hindsight obviously) maybe we'd have done better if the board had ignored the majority views.

Anyway, didn't come on here for a rant, for the first time ever I'm ITK. At tomorrow's game one of the former players in hospitality is one Alan Gow, any p&b bairns getting some hospitality through at airdrie tomorrow could maybe find out a bit from him about takeovers...

(Think we should all finish sentences with... #belikemarkcampbellok )

When Sandy “superfan” Alexander is choosing to charge the Club £75k a year in rent for the South Stand, and soft loans have been/is being charged back at inflated interest rates, I think it’s abundantly clear that these “big shareholders” are businessmen well before they are fans. Ordinary punters who travel the length and breadth of the country following Falkirk are in a different league to these imposters, the main difference being we as fans show unwavering loyalty season after season and look for nothing but hope in exchange for our cash. The Alexander’s and Ritchie’s of this world will always consider what’s in it for them before anything else, as has been evident for some time. If these men gave as much as an ounce of f**k about the club as they proclaim to do, given their collective wealth, perhaps we wouldn’t be sitting in League 1 for the first time in over 40 years. Get them so far to f**k!!

As for Gaowzer, my lasting memory of him as a Falkirk player will be one with some talent, but who was a lazy c**t and went missing for games at a time. He’ll go down as yet another average player who spent a couple of years with the Club, no more. He’s also a h*n, so I’d imagine has no reasonable desire to see our Club back where it belongs unless it benefits him personally. He spent time playing over in India, so you’ll never convince me he hasn’t got Indian “backers” involved in his takeover bid. Are they really any more credible than what’s on the table from Campbell? Not for me. So if anyone is in hospitality this afternoon and sees oor Gaowzer, dae’s a favour and tell him tae f**k off and take his bumchum Hughes with him.

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

tbh it seems like giving into any sort of fan involvement at the club is  seen as a defeat on their behalf and a how dare we want a say in the matters at the club. They would rather sell to anyone else.  Wonder what the reasoning with them not giving Gowser a fair crack at the whip on the preferred bidder.

Based on what credentials? He’s a thick ex-footballer.

What kind of vote is required to change the restrictions on club ownership that are in place just now? Is it simply a vote by number of shares?  

Think it maybe 75% but not sure. If that is the case Campbell will have to hoover up a few more than the 62% he is trying to buy

46 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Based on what credentials? He’s a thick ex-footballer.

I would rather the club was in the hands of Gowser than MC, i dont think any bairn will deny he was a lazy player that could frustrate the living hell out of us but had some skill. I wont class him as a legend but he did play in one of the more successful Falkirk teams.  Thing is the Sevco move was more to do with the money and i dont care what anyone says if you were offered the chance to stay at Falkirk or move to another club for say 6 times your salary you'd bite there hand off.  People like Gowser and MC can see the potential is there for the club to make money but as been mentioned the current MSG  neither have the vision or desire to change anything bar hope Ray gets lucky we get a promotion, a cup run and hopefully a player sale somewhere in there.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely its a case of putting certain caveates in the deal then if people arent sure about it. If he doesnt agree then u show him the door.

How do you put caveats in a deal if he is the sole owner.

Look what the Bury owner did, set up new companies and just transferred anything worthwhile over.

If he is in charge, he can do whatever he wants, and with a past history showing him not to be the white knight why would we suddenly think he has a new business outlook?

12 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Why would they be overwhelmingly concerned with their bank balance? The big shareholders bought the club to save it from liquidation, they are apparently millionaires and from what was said on here, are selling their shares for around £400,000 so I doubt very much money is the major motive.  I'd say it's pretty obvious the board read this, everything from getting rid of Houston, backing hartley, getting away from "lazy hibs/hearts reject signings" sacking hartley etc has been the majority view on here (pre hindsight obviously) maybe we'd have done better if the board had ignored the majority views.

So money is not their prime reason, apparently.  And we can safely park the "doing it in the best interests of the club" fallacy. So what is their motivation? Why have they hitched their wagon to an individual who has no discernible track record in business, sport, anything really? An individual who, within a couple of hours of being confirmed as the preferred bidder, supporters were already uncovering some serious doubts about. Sheer spite maybe, because the proles are not showing them sufficient gratitude, as espoused by Alexander at the EGM ?  It's all very strange. I'm sure they'll provide full clarity and transparency very soon. 

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

So money is not their prime reason, apparently.  And we can safely park the "doing it in the best interests of the club" fallacy. So what is their motivation? Why have they hitched their wagon to an individual who has no discernible track record in business, sport, anything really? An individual who, within a couple of hours of being confirmed as the preferred bidder, supporters were already uncovering some serious doubts about. Sheer spite maybe, because the proles are not showing them sufficient gratitude, as espoused by Alexander at the EGM ?  It's all very strange. I'm sure they'll provide full clarity and transparency very soon. 

If the guy had rocked up himself then they wouldnt prob have gave him time of the day, but it was more the fact John Park being linked with him as the end of the day he seems to be the only one with any credibility involved in all of this.

It’s plainly obvious that any successful businessman worth his salt would stay off Twitter, acting like an attention seeking teenager. I don’t obviously work in these circles but it comes across very unprofessional and very needy especially at a crucial time of the DD process. Just very puzzling in my eyes.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

When Mark Campbell said he was not in it for the money he destroyed his credibility in six words.

Nobody does anything in business out the goodness of their heart. They want a return, its what is called putting in an investment.

If he had said for example. We will buy the stadium outright and the surrounding land. There will be a 4th stand/hotel built to complete the stadium. The resulting sporting complex will work 7 days a week as an income generator.

Youth academy started learning from what we did well in the past and what we did wrong. So we can produce home grown players that comparable clubs in the central belt have produced like Motherwell and Kilmarnock.

Once the club is in the black and on a sound financial footing I will take  ? % of the profits every year and x amount when I sell up.

Now that is credible, fair and realistic. Most of the support would have bought into it. But No he came up with the unbelievable statement he was not in it for the money ! aye right.

Is this the bloke who used to work with Lewis on Falkirk TV doing the commentary and interviews? It could be a completely different Tony Smith and I could be way off the mark.

It is.