The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Seen this on twitter, he's taking a leaf out of Trumps tweets now:
image.png.024d655361881f3033153bfcdf068aab.png

Have to say that's bloody cringe! Imagine anyone still thinking this guy would be good for Falkirk. 

Kyle needs to have a good look at himself!!

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Theres feck all we can do at the moment till dd is completed. We will then know whether the takeover plans  have been  approved or not.  If it is an egm would then be required .  The bod will then be grilled on the situation properly instead of them having to read pie and bovril .  Of course i have concerns over the whole thing but people on here seem to have spent hours searching for stuff and found very little that is concrete.  Once dd is complete then the real stuff starts. Up till then theres very little we can do and i dont think personal theories on the situation really matter one iota.

Ok.

As I said, I find the resignation, the shrugging, all rather strange.  It's not how I'd react and in fairness, it's not how a good few of the fans on here have reacted either.

I'm not predicting that it will definitely be disastrous for Falkirk if this bloke gets control.  I do think there's a possibility of it though.  Despite the way I sometimes carry on on here, I would genuinely hope no existential threat for the club would thereafter come to pass.  If it did though, there are Falkirk fans who would choke on their words if ever again attempting to point out that Rangers fans let their club die.

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Theres feck all we can do at the moment till dd is completed.

I don`t see what we can do even after DD is completed. I would imagine the board`s decision will have been agreed with the MSG. Therefore it will stand at the EGM regardless of what the rest of the shareholders think. You can have a good rant at them but we saw how much influence that had at the last EGM, or is this situation different??

Theres feck all we can do at the moment till dd is completed. We will then know whether the takeover plans  have been  approved or not.  If it is an egm would then be required .  The bod will then be grilled on the situation properly instead of them having to read pie and bovril .  Of course i have concerns over the whole thing but people on here seem to have spent hours searching for stuff and found very little that is concrete.  Once dd is complete then the real stuff starts. Up till then theres very little we can do and i dont think personal theories on the situation really matter one iota.

The info I have seen is concrete in terms of knowing what the guy has done in previous businesses. It is him 100% who has had a string of failed businesses in the past with the latest failure as late as January 2018.

Whether he has the money now or not is not the concern for me. It is a simple - Do you trust this guy and his backers considering his past record?

If the answer to that question is I have doubts they should show him the door.

Anyone know if they pissed off Gowser as i would hope they revisit that one if they hacvent pissed him off (on their track record they probably have).

I think they have pissed off everyone who has tried to work with them.

Nobody knows anything as the fans are being kept in the dark. It’s a disgrace.

No they ain’t. Santa Claus is keeping us all in the loop with his detailed updates on twitter

I don`t see what we can do even after DD is completed. I would imagine the board`s decision will have been agreed with the MSG. Therefore it will stand at the EGM regardless of what the rest of the shareholders think. You can have a good rant at them but we saw how much influence that had at the last EGM, or is this situation different??

That should be fun [emoji85]

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Tough old game today. If the attitude, shape and tempo is not miles better than last week then we will lose and McKinnon should be out the door.

There in lies the dilemma if you are think about selling the club.

Agree with that, same as last week and bye bye McKinnon. 

There's not a lot wrong with the squad he has built but he just isn't capable of getting them to play which has been the case since January - the shit show he inherited suited him to set up the way he likes without the fans having a go. 

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Anyone know if they pissed off Gowser as i would hope they revisit that one if they hacvent pissed him off (on their track record they probably have).

They certainly did but I believe he`s still interested. Whether the Board are interested in him is another matter.

They certainly did but I believe he`s still interested. Whether the Board are interested in him is another matter.

I’m certainly no fan of Mark Campbell ok, but it’s a far reaching assumption that Gowser and his Indian based consortium is going to be a safe bet.
Anyone (and I include myself) who has real experience in dealing with Indian related financial matters will know what I mean....

I’m certainly no fan of Mark Campbell ok, but it’s a far reaching assumption that Gowser and his Indian based consortium is going to be a safe bet.
Anyone (and I include myself) who has real experience in dealing with Indian related financial matters will know what I mean....

There are no Indians involved. He was pitching along with the ex-chairman of Exeter City.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are no Indians involved. He was pitching along with the ex-chairman of Exeter City.

There was one investor of Indian origin as far as I know but most involved were British. Don`t know why the press decided to call it an Indian consortium!!!!

Edited by 60`s bairn

There was one investor of Indian origin as far as I know but most involved were British. Don`t know why the press decided to call it an Indian consortium!!!!

Ok I thought that the Indian had pulled at the end but you will be spot on

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The info I have seen is concrete in terms of knowing what the guy has done in previous businesses. It is him 100% who has had a string of failed businesses in the past with the latest failure as late as January 2018.

Whether he has the money now or not is not the concern for me. It is a simple - Do you trust this guy and his backers considering his past record?

If the answer to that question is I have doubts they should show him the door.

Surely its a case of putting certain caveates in the deal then if people arent sure about it. If he doesnt agree then u show him the door.

Surely its a case of putting certain caveates in the deal then if people arent sure about it. If he doesnt agree then u show him the door.

Once he has control he can do what the f**k he likes. Legally they will have no chance of tying him down post a sale.