Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Second thoughts, maybe MC will jettison him next week if the take over goes through.

I think if MC takes over Ray will be the least of our worries

I think if MC takes over Ray will be the least of our worries

Ray should be able to take you over the line once Campbell has made his multi million pound investment into the squad, no?

Just now, Enigma said:

Ray should be able to take you over the line once he’s made his multi million pound investment into the squad, no?

I dont know what this fellas angle is but i expect more to be taken from the club than he puts in.

You only have to look as far as Mr McKinnon's LinkedIn page to understand what he regards as success....

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.51.49.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.52.17.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.52.02.png

Scottish fitba managers with LinkedIn profiles is pretty much the best thing of all time tbh. 

7 minutes ago, JB22 said:

You only have to look as far as Mr McKinnon's LinkedIn page to understand what he regards as success....

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.51.49.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.52.17.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.52.02.png

......and there it is for all to see. He sees success in terms of unbeaten runs. Seriously, if this guy managed a side that drew all 36 league games, and got relegated with 36 points, he would consider that as a success.

Somebody needs to explain to him that losing W12 D1 L23 is better than his “unbeaten runs” patter. As someone mentioned above, he is not a winner, and he does not seem to demand that his teams are winners either.

We are going to Airdrie for a point.

Gary Locke's is brilliant - 

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/gary-locke-47a7443a

Edit - Scroll down and read the Hearts 13-14 season bit.  Looks like he thinks goals scored are better than points won (see the ICT mention).

Edited by TheScarf

"I am a technically-minded and commercially-astute Football Manager who has established an exceptional success record in the Scottish game, leading the likes of Brechin City, Raith Rovers and Dundee United to considerable domestic and cup achievements in their respective leagues"

You guys are lucky to have yer man Ray. 😂

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Taking credit for Lavery’s call up for f**k’s sake. 

I assume that’s not genuine?

I`m beginning to think he`d get on very well with MC, a couple of fantasists together.

This linkedin patter is going to grow arms and legs.....

Then Ray is going to sign it and play it as a holding midfielder in a historic League 1 unbeaten run

The big issue yesterday (and what I suspect will be the case this season) is a severe lack of width.

Doyle seems like a character and a decent defender, but relying solely on him and Dixon (my god) to provide your crosses/attacks isn’t going to win you the league.

Most teams will sit in, keep the middle of the pitch compact which will make it difficult for Tidser and Telfer to play balls through the middle.

High floated crosses from 30 yards out by Dixon are not only terrible but it doesn’t suit the strikers we have either.

A reality check for those who’d thought we would win the league at a canter, can see many away games being like that this season. It’s up to us to pass it quicker, use the full width of the park, and provide proper chances for our strikers.

Mikey Doyle is real 100% guy with a great attitude BUT his ability doesn’t really match his enthusiasm and when he plays RB he bombs forward at every opportunity but is the last person you want delivering the vital cross. Most QOS fans were disappointed to lose him but for me he is better at centre back where he has a defensive job to do with no attacking distractions.