The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I’m so fucking sickened by the whole charade that I’m prepared to roll the dice in the hope of landing a double 6, because the status quo isn’t an option.

I should think you want a 7, as rolling 12 (or 2 or 3) is “crapping out”, and you lose.

As a fan in another sport who totally understands the frustration and hope (30 years before a winning season), you don’t want the risk. Falkirk has a great fan base and, with their lack of genuine debt, a decent footing. This year may end up being a painful reminder that nothing is given (what with Ray and this crap), and you might just end up in League 1 for another couple of years, but it’s a slow rebuild, not the magic beans you want. Starry eyed management, see Rovers, Raith, will simple hobble the clubs attempts to improve, and will slow the comeback.

Watching the bloodbaths between the fans here is amusing, but ultimately sad. Infighting like this weakens the fan base, which is really what this level’s game should be about. Best of luck with the Campbell mess...this too shall pass, it’s the speed that varies.

I think our Santa Claus will move on to pastures new in the next few days. Maybe he will try to buy the North Pole. Could be good for a few more column inches.

On 26/08/2019 at 10:58, TottsTrumps said:

Steered myself away from here on Saturday night so I didn't have a rant about Tidser.  Old guy in front of me at the match had a go because I was criticising him too much.  I asked what I was missing - apparently Telfer was just as bad but I wasn't criticising him as much.

I literally can't find anything positive to say about Tidser's performance on Saturday.  Way too slow in possession and in no man's land every time the ball was near him.  Summed up late on in the half when the ball was launched up the park towards him, he stopped a couple of metres before the defender when there was more than enough time to back in and take the ball, never mind challenge for it, leaving the defender with a free header and Tidser no chance of winning the ball or the second ball which went right back into midfield.

The manager isn't blameless here.  Tidser is clearly a defensive midfielder (distribution too slow to play in that position in this league perhaps) but spent the last 5-10 minutes before half time playing as a number 10.  Suggests that the manager brought in players withough considering how they might play in this league, which is worrying.

Tidser has never been a defensive midfielder and never will be. He'd thrive in your team if you played him as an advanced midfielder with 2 players doing the donkey work behind. Pretty much how McKinnon had him playing with us... 

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Tidser has never been a defensive midfielder and never will be. He'd thrive in your team if you played him as an advanced midfielder with 2 players doing the donkey work behind. Pretty much how McKinnon had him playing with us... 

Problem is hes so fecking slow.  He's maybe more suited to championship fitba but in league one you need to move the ball quicker and he slows everything down.  Teams tend to flood the centre of the park and edge of the box so unless you have a bit of pace your snuffed out before you can do anything.  Possibly we'd see a better side of him if we had a bit more threat out wide. At the moment teams are content to let our fullbacks have the ball out there as they no they will do very little. They can then concentrate on stopping everything coming thgrough the middle.

4 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I wasn’t joking...

I’ve read everything there is to read on this forum about MC and his failed business ventures, but I’ve also spoken in detail to people I trust who have reason to believe he has been discredited by certain people and deserves a chance. I’ve never been as angry or frustrated or felt as detached from the Club as I do now, and that’s solely down to the current imposters and their shameful mismanagement over the past few years. I’m so fucking sickened by the whole charade that I’m prepared to roll the dice in the hope of landing a double 6, because the status quo isn’t an option.

I'm sure at some point the fans of Bolton and Bury thought their respective conmen deserved that chance, but be aware once MC is in place he can get up to all the same shenanigans those boys got up to and it will be very, very difficult - almost impossible - to stop him or displace him.     

There is a reason he has covered up all his financial interests/history and it's not a messy divorce.

There has to be change but not at any cost.

Santa is not real.

21 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I'm sure at some point the fans of Bolton and Bury thought their respective conmen deserved that chance, but be aware once MC is in place he can get up to all the same shenanigans those boys got up to and it will be very, very difficult - almost impossible - to stop him or displace him.     

There is a reason he has covered up all his financial interests/history and it's not a messy divorce.

There has to be change but not at any cost.

Santa is not real.

I hear ye brer, but the reason he’s covered up his financial history is...what? So far I’ve seen no evidence, just hunches.

In the event that the Kenny Rogers tribute act fails the due diligence process I wonder if it would be worthwhile the club contacting Ineos owner Jim Ratcliffe.

Now I have no time for the man's politics or his commitment to fracking but he is an outrageously wealthy man with a transparent business history that does not include mini cab firms or coffee stalls and has an obvious connection with the area in the shape of the smellier half of Grangemouth.

Also he already owns two clubs through Ineos Football which is run by his brother, the clubs in question being Nice in the French top league and Lausanne in the Swiss second tier.

Worth a phone call I would have thought.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

In the event that the Kenny Rogers tribute act fails the due diligence process I wonder if it would be worthwhile the club contacting Ineos owner Jim Ratcliffe.

Now I have no time for the man's politics or his commitment to fracking but he is an outrageously wealthy man with a transparent business history that does not include mini cab firms or coffee stalls and has an obvious connection with the area in the shape of the smellier half of Grangemouth.

Also he already owns two clubs through Ineos Football which is run by his brother, the clubs in question being Nice in the French top league and Lausanne in the Swiss second tier.

Did we not have a fall out with them resulting with us being evicted from Little Kerse and havent they kicked a kids team out of Little Kerse as well more recently .

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Did we not have a fall out with them resulting with us being evicted from Little Kerse and havent they kicked a kids team out of Little Kerse as well more recently .

Little Kerse formerly the BP playing fields is a private company now.

You are correct in that the owners recently asked Syngenta Juveniles to find other facilities.

13 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We're already in partnership with Ineos regarding the U12s Go Free initiative. They're one of a number of very wealthy companies who we're slowly trying to build commercial relationships with.

Might be a wee bit of a jump in asking them to take over the whole club atm.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We're already in partnership with Ineos regarding the U12s Go Free initiative. They're one of a number of very wealthy companies who we're slowly trying to build commercial relationships with.

Might be a wee bit of a jump in asking them to take over the whole club atm.

Worth a try though. Don't know if league rules would allow him to own a Scottish club when he already has two abroad though?